Me

Timothy777

Timothy777
Total Posts:  1
Joined  30-08-2010

30 August 2010 13:03

Hi, my name is Tim Knight. I read Sam Harris’ book ‘The End of Faith’ a while ago and although I’ve forgotten the details I remember agreeing with most of it although I was rather dismayed about Sam’s views on torture.

His next book looks interesting. I myself have been arguing that morality should be considered a science. I am a universalist and I find myself overwhelmed by relativists who insist that moral values are determined by culture.

I am a pantheist or a ‘sexed up atheist’ in Richard Dawkins’ words. I am now 32 and for the last ten years I have believed myself to be the Second Coming of Christ. I believe Jesus of Nazareth was the First Coming of Christ and that he is the only asexual human being who has ever lived. He was produced asexually and never experienced a moment of sexual feeling in his entire life. This is why he was so calm and peaceful. Sexuality inevitably creates inbalance in a person’s spiritual state. With no sexuality Jesus had a perfectly balanced spiritual state and therefore a perfectly balanced sense of morality. Because of this he had absolute zero levels of concern regarding personal benefit to the consequences of his actions. This unique spiritual state meant that he was the only human being whose mental constructions were able to transcend into the external physical world as physical constructions outside of the normal activities of the human body. This means he was able to perform miracles such as walking on water, turning water into wine and healing the sick in a miraculous way that was not the placebo effect or any kind of conventional medicine. I believe in the virgin birth, the miracles of Jesus and the resurrection and that all these things could be explained by science if it became advanced enough.

I am a pantheist so I believe ‘God’ is just a useful term to describe the universe as everything as one.

I believe in reincarnation and that I am the reincarnation of Jesus of Nazareth. I was produced from a typical birth and I am a sexual being like all other human beings except my previous incarnation. I am only here to perform one miracle which is the transfiguration of the universe into the state of Paradise. I believe this process will begin after 11/11/2011 11:11:11 AM GMT which is the date and time of the end of this world. Jesus came to perform many miracles. He was the divine human being. I am here to perform only one miracle. I am the divining human being.

I have been writing on various discussion forums. I have been banned from http://www.leagueofreason.co.uk, www.thoughts.com and http://www.spiritualityforums.com. The only website I haven’t been banned from is http://www.beliefnet.com. I hope that the http://www.samharris.org moderators will be open minded. I would be interested to read any questions/insults/opinions that other users have.

[ Edited: 30 August 2010 13:05 by Timothy777]

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6339
Joined  22-02-2005

30 August 2010 15:18

How can be the reincarnation of someone who not suppose to be dead?

You have a very detailed wish-list for reality to live up to.

You are not the first here to make that claim. Jesus 2.3 just left yesterday.

Follow the rules, engage in real discussion, and you’ll last awhile.

nv

nv
Total Posts:  7998
Joined  29-04-2005

30 August 2010 17:06

Timothy777 - 30 August 2010 05:03 PM

I am now 32 and for the last ten years I have believed myself to be the Second Coming of Christ.

How do I sign up, Jesus? Will I need to move? (I live in California.) Should I be calling you The Christ?

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6339
Joined  22-02-2005

31 August 2010 01:01

Damn, Dave. Why do they all have to be either a robot or the Second Coming?

Is there someone else we could talk to?

nv

nv
Total Posts:  7998
Joined  29-04-2005

31 August 2010 08:48

Nhoj Morley - 31 August 2010 05:01 AM

Damn, Dave. Why do they all have to be either a robot or the Second Coming?

Is there someone else we could talk to?

Yeah, I should have realized that Jesus might have better things to do than humor me. When I was 17, a close friend lost his marbles and ended up being taken away in an ambulance. It was a Sunday morning and I lived two houses down, so his parents called and asked for my assistance. When the attendants showed up, I rode in the back with my friend to the Marshfield clinic. Unfortunately, I don’t remember much about how we got him into the ambulance, but I do remember that everything was highly symbolic, and I understood him better than anyone else.

M had been in the mental ward for a few weeks I think, when I engaged him in his delusions during a visit. We were playing a game of pool, and I bought into all his crazy shit, which resulted in M becoming highly agitated, though not violent. Next day, he quit seeing himself as Jesus and he quickly began to recover, though he also did a short stint in Winnebago (“Win a bag o’ POT, Dave. Win a bag o’ POT!”)

He’s been fine ever since, and remains a devout Christian. Would he have recovered without my “therapy”? Maybe. But I do feel that I contributed something to his recovery, mainly because I knew my friend. The above Jesus is not someone I know, so I guess I shouldn’t hold out any hope that I’ll have any effect on him whatsoever.

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  1842
Joined  14-08-2008

02 September 2010 15:52

Timothy777 - 30 August 2010 05:03 PM

Hi, my name is Tim Knight. I read Sam Harris’ book ‘The End of Faith’ a while ago and although I’ve forgotten the details I remember agreeing with most of it although I was rather dismayed about Sam’s views on torture.

His next book looks interesting. I myself have been arguing that morality should be considered a science. I am a universalist and I find myself overwhelmed by relativists who insist that moral values are determined by culture.

I am a pantheist or a ‘sexed up atheist’ in Richard Dawkins’ words. I am now 32 and for the last ten years I have believed myself to be the Second Coming of Christ. I believe Jesus of Nazareth was the First Coming of Christ and that he is the only asexual human being who has ever lived. He was produced asexually and never experienced a moment of sexual feeling in his entire life. This is why he was so calm and peaceful. Sexuality inevitably creates inbalance in a person’s spiritual state. With no sexuality Jesus had a perfectly balanced spiritual state and therefore a perfectly balanced sense of morality. Because of this he had absolute zero levels of concern regarding personal benefit to the consequences of his actions. This unique spiritual state meant that he was the only human being whose mental constructions were able to transcend into the external physical world as physical constructions outside of the normal activities of the human body. This means he was able to perform miracles such as walking on water, turning water into wine and healing the sick in a miraculous way that was not the placebo effect or any kind of conventional medicine. I believe in the virgin birth, the miracles of Jesus and the resurrection and that all these things could be explained by science if it became advanced enough.

I am a pantheist so I believe ‘God’ is just a useful term to describe the universe as everything as one.

I believe in reincarnation and that I am the reincarnation of Jesus of Nazareth. I was produced from a typical birth and I am a sexual being like all other human beings except my previous incarnation. I am only here to perform one miracle which is the transfiguration of the universe into the state of Paradise. I believe this process will begin after 11/11/2011 11:11:11 AM GMT which is the date and time of the end of this world. Jesus came to perform many miracles. He was the divine human being. I am here to perform only one miracle. I am the divining human being.

I have been writing on various discussion forums. I have been banned from http://www.leagueofreason.co.uk, www.thoughts.com and http://www.spiritualityforums.com. The only website I haven’t been banned from is http://www.beliefnet.com. I hope that the http://www.samharris.org moderators will be open minded. I would be interested to read any questions/insults/opinions that other users have.

How do we know you’re not Satan pretending to be Jesus?

Ron

nac

nac
Total Posts:  1
Joined  31-05-2008

03 September 2010 04:23

Maybe Satan has fooled him into thinking he’s Jesus for hell’s nefarious purposes. raspberry

[ Edited: 03 September 2010 04:39 by nac]

tsahpina

tsahpina
Total Posts:  56
Joined  06-07-2012

10 May 2014 12:14

me too