55 Reasons to Doubt Christianity

kyroot

kyroot
Total Posts:  1
Joined  13-10-2014

13 October 2014 08:02

Looking for any ideas to add to the list, trying to build a circumstantial evidence case to demonstrate that Christianity is false.
Here are my 55 ideas as of now:

http://www.kyroot.com

DBarnett191

DBarnett191
Joined  13-10-2014

13 October 2014 17:42

Although I can see why you would raise some of these objections, I think most of this is far too simplistic of an approach. The vast majority of what you’re saying is entirely dependent on an atheistic and heavily biased interpretation that I believe skews your vision, with all due respect. I think you should read someone like Tim Keller or Greg Boyd and take a look at their view of these sorts of questions and you would have some of them answered very simply. Thanks for sharing.

kyroot

kyroot
Joined  13-10-2014

13 October 2014 18:11

Thanks for that, point taken. Yes, this was meant to be a “hammer” document, a little bit tabloid style, a way to stimulate thinking, not exactly to present a double-sided argument, but to lay out the prosecution case.

Deoji

Deoji
Total Posts:  3
Joined  13-10-2014

13 October 2014 19:20

What is Christianity? Is it the teachings in the Bible or is it the FOLLOWING of the teachings of Jesus the CHRIST?

Vipersdad

Vipersdad
Total Posts:  42
Joined  17-07-2014

17 October 2014 20:20

There are lots of people who claim that Space Aliens and Ghosts exist and are walking (floating?) among us.  The fact is there is no convincing way to demonstrate the validity of these claims.  Similarly, there are arguably millions of people who claim that satya sai baba  performs miracles….again - the best evidence for the validity of this claim is so-called ‘eyewitness accounts,’ but all attempts to verify these accounts have thus far fallen short of the standard of proof required.

2000 years or so ago, the son of god was born of a virgin in a manger.  He lived, performed miracles, was put to death, and then rose from the dead to ascend in to heaven to assume his throne next to his father…who is actually himself.

500 years prior to that Buddha was born on the same calendar day (12/25) to a virgin (Maya=Mary).  He performed miracles, died and rose from the dead and ascended in to heaven, leaving a footprint behind in the stone.

These are ridiculous claims - all of them requiring a standard of proof that, after two millenia, has not been met. 

You don’t have to disprove that which has never been proven.  The fact that people can so easily be gulled by utter nonsense does not offer proof for that which they profess to believe.

There is something wrong - a software glitch - in the brains of most humans.  We are so easily convinced of things that are manifestly unconvincing, and it happens with such regularity that there are people who have historically made great fortunes capitalizing on this “defect.”

The points you make in your posting are a demonstration of the ridiculous nature of the Bible and the articles of faith….But those arguments cannot disprove the assertion of Christ’s divinity any more than anyone can or has proven it.

I would just re-title your posting a bit.  The material is still valuable for arguments with the credulous.

thanks!