I AM A MILITANT ATHEIST

Hulkafunda

Hulkafunda
Total Posts:  3
Joined  20-09-2014

13 October 2014 11:58

I am a Militant Atheist.

My weapons are Logic and Reason.

They are feared by the religious because they have no defense against them.

Im just “yoyo-ing” with facts while Christians wallow in useless imaginations of an asshole in the sky.

PhishPhanPhil

PhishPhanPhil
Total Posts:  71
Joined  04-10-2014

26 October 2014 23:03

That’s awesome.  I couldn’t agree more that there is no acceptable response to undeniable empirical evidence other than to simple accept it as the truth and to adjust your beliefs likewise.  The only problem that I have seen with atheists is that they have none.
So I will ask what I would consider a perfectly reasonable request in reply to your post:  please present me with FACTS, and EVIDENCE that support the no-god that you worship.  In other words, obviously none of the worlds religions can possibly claim to have some sort of empirical proof to their creation theories, right?  Nobody who is alive today was alive when the universe was created.  Yet, surely you have the proof.  After all, atheism is founded on the very bedrock of science right?  I would love to see something that reflects even a glimpse of actual science to support, maybe the multiverse theory, or any other desperate grasping at straws attempt to deal with the big-bang.
Instead what I get from the likes of Hawkins is this: Because the law of gravity and the quantum vacuum exist, therefore, the universe will create itself from nothing.  WHAT? Seriously, this is supposed to pass for science? Translated into a simpler,logical format: Because something and something else exists, therefore,  some other thing will create itself from nothing.  Yeah this sounds a lot like proof, and logic, I am sure there are a ton of people who are “scared” of these “facts”.
In recent years, physicists have begun to anticipate that the matter that composes the entire visible universe might have been created spontaneously - a mere consequence of the instability of empty space.  Superficially, then, it might seem that we have the answer:  there is something rather than nothing because “nothing” is unstable.  That is pretty exciting stuff, but it isn’t really an answer to the question and, in any case, “nothing” in quantum physics is far from that - it is a seething maelstrom of activity, to the extent that one might view the substantial universe we inhabit as the froth on top.  Awestruck as I am by the laws of physics, no amount of wishful thinking can allow me to make the mistake of supposing that a law by itself can ever create anything.  In addition to being unable to conjure up material existence, the laws of physics cannot create meaning either.  On top of this all, we are still dealing with THEORIES.  Something that so many of us like to try and bury deep down in our conscience and pretend that we have facts, but we don’t.
The only fact is that the biggest scandal is being done by the most influential scientists of our day by trying to convince their blind sheep that their atheistic dogma is supported by science.  The plain fact of the matter is that it isn’t.  If I am wrong, please show me.

Rekt

Rekt
Total Posts:  7
Joined  04-10-2014

27 October 2014 08:06

“Atheistic dogma”... Seriously? PhishPhan, please just go read a book or two on evolutionary biology and theoretical physics, and educate yourself before you start talking about something you clearly don’t grasp. And, to correct you, atheism is not a philosophy or religion - it isn’t even a worldview. It’s just a lack of belief in deities, nothing more, nothing less. I can give you a huge list of books on biology, physics and atheism if you want, because I get the sense that you haven’t ever opened a book on any of those subjects. I don’t mean to insult when I say that, by the way.

I have a question. Are you a deist or a theist? I assume you are a theist, but just think about this for a moment: you haven’t even tried to make a case for the intervening, all-knowing, all-powerful sadistic dictator war god of your holy book… You’ve only vaguely argued for deism, and not even very well; constant straw-men, misrepresentations of scientific theories, connecting abiogenesis with evolution, using the god of the gaps fallacy, obvious ignorance about biology and physics, etc etc - and needless to say, you have an extremely arrogant tone.

Why argue for deism and not for your religion? Why do you ignore reality? I’m curious. Oh, and please look up the term ‘scientific theory’. It doesn’t mean what you think it does.

Feather

Feather
Total Posts:  185
Joined  18-03-2013

27 October 2014 10:00

Why can’t atheist be dogmatic? That is probably the biggest belief that hinders atheist. There needs to be a forefront revival on how the human mind works and what it is for and what it does. In short the mind creates delusion, each human has a propensity toward delusion proportional to how fearful they are-  that is all based on what that person has defined as meaningful. The only way to feel satisfied as a human is to gain meaning or accomplishment of that value. Each person has fear and uses the ego and intellect to create synthetic satsifaction and meaning through beliefs. Thats what most of all the 50,000 thoughts a person has a day is doing.
-
Fear is a product of confuison a person feels in their existence. Confusion is natural nessacity of learning. Fear is something you value at risk. That is what determines each persons propensity toward delusion, the “What” or the manner they express that fear just determines what they are delusional about. Typically that is decided by circumstance, forexample a social fear can create discomfort, and depending on a persons environment and situation which ever path reduces that fear easiest will be taken. Being a hardcore theist or a hardcore atheist is just circumstance steming from the same source of discontent.
-
Ofcourse mild theist or atheism can just be preference and less derived from fear. Which basically results in ‘not’ really caring one way or the other. If you care really badly about it, and it means something to you, you will worship it or lust for it. And thats what all those thousands of thoughts are doing.
-
-
-
I am an applied physist (engineer who learned more phsyics than he needed) and the way hardcore atheist - typically pop media figures who sale books and the followers who read them -  depict reality as a determinsitic newtonian materialistic clockwork and that it is the forgone proculmation of science is just ‘criminal’ lol.

[ Edited: 27 October 2014 10:03 by Feather]