Circumcision is Child Abuse

ClearMindOpenHeart

ClearMindOpenHeart
Total Posts:  47
Joined  30-04-2015

03 May 2015 13:15

There is no good reason to cut into the healthy skin of a baby boy’s penis.  The operation is usually done on an infant not yet 1 year old, with little to no anesthetic, on one of the most sensitive areas of the body.  The psychological trauma and adult sexual dysfunction resulting from this is difficult to calculate, but is without question significant.  This is not practiced in most of the West, or in Asia, but is still the norm in Africa, the Middle East, and the U.S.  The former have done it for a long time, for religious reasons of course, but in the U.S. it is a relatively recent practice, promoted by Surgeon General Kellogg, for “health reasons”, one of the foremost was allegedly to prevent masturbation (many of you know that this didn’t work!).

I’m sure you all reject the religious reasons; the covenant with Yahweh who demands baby foreskins as some kind of blood sacrifice (apparently Yahweh is a cannibalistic pedophile of the most savage kind), but many of you may be under the impression that there are good medical reasons to do this procedure.  This is highly contentious, and tenuous at best.  Most of the conditions supposedly alleviated by circumcision are for the most part only problems in later adulthood.  So why perform it on a helpless baby with a developing nervous system against their will?  As the feminists say, “my body my choice”.  If this applies to adults, then it applies even more strongly to infants.

The big issue here is a moral one.  It is not any lack of evidence or moral reasoning that keeps this practice common in America, but the guilty conscience of older generations who have done this to their sons.  Should you choose NOT to circumcise your son, you will very likely face pressure from those around you to do so, because your different choices are an implicit criticism.  This to me is cowardly and deserving of contempt.  This is a serious moral issue I would ask you all to consider, research, and please spread to people you know who may have children.

QuakePhil

QuakePhil
Total Posts:  124
Joined  09-01-2012

05 May 2015 06:23

Agreed.  Mutilation is mutilation, especially without consent, and especially for an infant

pathofleastresistance

pathofleastresistance
Total Posts:  8
Joined  23-11-2015

23 November 2015 07:42

Disagree-  Circumcision is like getting a baby’s ears pierced.  With benefits of keeping the area clean as it is commonly harbours venerial disease causing bacteria.
Most circumcized men do not dwell upon their lost foreskin and are happy sexually- unless they are hyper sexual or are prone to greener side of the grass illusions. Unless you have witnessed the lack of trauma to a baby first hand, you should not hold such a strongly held opinion.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2760
Joined  19-01-2015

23 November 2015 08:32

of course it is

ClearMindOpenHeart

ClearMindOpenHeart
Joined  30-04-2015

23 November 2015 23:12

pathofleastresistance - 23 November 2015 07:42 AM

Disagree-  Circumcision is like getting a baby’s ears pierced.  With benefits of keeping the area clean as it is commonly harbours venerial disease causing bacteria.
Most circumcized men do not dwell upon their lost foreskin and are happy sexually- unless they are hyper sexual or are prone to greener side of the grass illusions. Unless you have witnessed the lack of trauma to a baby first hand, you should not hold such a strongly held opinion.

It’s really annoying to tell a person what opinion they should have.  I think I made pretty strong arguments and I don’t know that you really addressed any of them.

Piercing a baby’s ear is not entirely similar to circumcision.  Although, wouldn’t you think it rather strange if a parent opted to pierce their baby’s ear?  Certainly it doesn’t do the baby any good, it would only be for the parents’ vanity, and would actually be painful for the baby.  The same is true of circumcision, except that circumcision is far more painful.

The supposed health benefits, as I mentioned before, are negligible according to the latest studies, and just require basic hygiene, washing with soap and warm water.  Still, if it is true that circumcision prevents VD (this is questionable), WHY DO IT TO A NEWBORN BABY?  I mean, hopefully your child won’t be sexually active until 12 at the earliest, at which time you can explain to them the risks and benefits, and they can make the choice themselves.  A baby doesn’t understand any of this, only that it is being strapped to a board and mutilated when it should be kept safe.

Yes, many men don’t lament their circumcision, this is part of the problem.  Many people who were beaten as children also think they deserved it because they were “bad”.  And these are the people most likely to reinflict the same trauma on their children.  So yes, many victims of abuse don’t even see it as abuse, and in fact praise their abusers…so what?  This is a perfectly natural (though horrifying) Stockholm-Syndrome response to parental abuse, but it doesn’t change the facts or the arguments.  Part of the issue is that many men like myself, didn’t even realize what was taken from us until we actually looked into it.

This is an issue you can actually do something about, unlike most of politics which is just yelling at the wind.

pathofleastresistance

pathofleastresistance
Total Posts:  8
Joined  23-11-2015

23 November 2015 23:27

Babies are not strapped to a board! The cry lasts for a few seconds only.  Also piercing baby ears is a very common practice.
Since the majority of adult circumcised men do not have a problem, there is no reason to make it an issue. No function is lost- it is not mutilation.
Also if you ask women which they find more attractive, many many would never want to touch something uncircumcised.

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2760
Joined  19-01-2015

24 November 2015 02:00

there are plenty of cases in which child circumcision leads serious medical problems, not least because it is often performed at home in non-sterile conditions by people without proper medical training. And it has no measurable medical benefit.

The real (and often stated as such) reason for circumcision is to make it less pleasurable (and hence less frequent) for boys to masturbate. This in itself leads to massive psychological problems in many children.

ClearMindOpenHeart

ClearMindOpenHeart
Joined  30-04-2015

25 November 2015 00:34

pathofleastresistance - 23 November 2015 11:27 PM

Babies are not strapped to a board! The cry lasts for a few seconds only.  Also piercing baby ears is a very common practice.
Since the majority of adult circumcised men do not have a problem, there is no reason to make it an issue. No function is lost- it is not mutilation.
Also if you ask women which they find more attractive, many many would never want to touch something uncircumcised.

Try to make some of those same arguments in other contexts: “when hit my wife she only cries a few seconds”.  ” I’m glad I was told about Hell as a child so it’s OK to do it to other kids “.” Men prefer cut labias so we should cut baby girls.” So why have lower moral standards for infant boys?

If it’s not an issue, then why are you arguing with me?  It seems to me that a stranger talking about this on the internet is making you upset.  My guess is that circumcisions are common in your family, perhaps you have even done it to your own sons.  Well I’d that is the case, I’m very sorry for that, maybe you should talk about it with your family rather than arguing with me, a stranger.