1 2 > 

Are the Advisory Board members (and harris’) on the forum?

AtheianLibertarist

AtheianLibertarist
Total Posts:  16
Joined  11-05-2009

12 May 2009 17:01

Just wondering if everyone is coming aboard

Clifford S. Asness
Peter Atkins
Jerry Coyne
Richard Dawkins
Daniel C. Dennett
Brent Forrester
Rebecca Goldstein
Anthony Grayling
Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Christopher Hitchens
Lawrence Krauss
Harold Kroto
Bill Maher
Ian McEwan
Steven Pinker
Salman Rushdie
Lee M. Silver
J. Craig Venter
Ibn Warraq
Steven Weinberg
Sam Harris
Annaka Harris
Jai Lakshman

smile

john76

john76
Total Posts:  705
Joined  15-12-2008

12 May 2009 21:57

maybe they’ll have nothing else to do and come visit on Christmas

AtheianLibertarist

AtheianLibertarist
Joined  11-05-2009

13 May 2009 03:42

ha i was thinking they would be busy, but it would be nice to get some of their viewpoints in some debates.

I AM

I AM
Total Posts:  18
Joined  12-05-2009

13 May 2009 12:35

If they don’t want to partcipate in the forum of their own foundation’s website, thus having some contact with its members, what makes them different than any other group of famous people who start a 501(c)(3)?
Come to think of it - What makes them different god? Creating a world (albeit online) populating it with faithful supporters, and then never showing themselves!
You know - - I don’t believe THEY exist! 
I guess that makes me an Aadvisoryboardist!  grin

VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude
Total Posts:  53
Joined  06-05-2009

13 May 2009 14:52

I hold a strong personal conviction that I’ve seen Sam Harris in the forum’s Active Members list, which linked to a profile in the Super-Admin’s group.

Moiz Khan

Moiz Khan
Total Posts:  24
Joined  11-05-2009

14 May 2009 01:17

Sam Harris

Sam Harris
Total Posts:  4
Joined  23-04-2004

14 May 2009 22:54

I’m very often logged on the site, but not so often on the forum. I very much appreciate your presence here, however, and am hoping to build a resource that everyone will find valuable.

Please don’t be shy about suggesting site improvements, future projects, submitting articles to the Newsfeed and Archive, etc. I want the Reason Project to become a proper grassroots organization. Someone suggested that the site needs a Reason Wiki. I agree. I’ll deliver it ASAP, and I hope you all will help build it out.

Best,
Sam

tonyd

tonyd
Joined  07-05-2009

14 May 2009 23:35

Sam Harris - 14 May 2009 08:54 PM

I’m very often logged on the site, but not so often on the forum. I very much appreciate your presence here, however, and am hoping to build a resource that everyone will find valuable.

Please don’t be shy about suggesting site improvements, future projects, submitting articles to the Newsfeed and Archive, etc. I want the Reason Project to become a proper grassroots organization. Someone suggested that the site needs a Reason Wiki. I agree. I’ll deliver it ASAP, and I hope you all will help build it out.

Best,
Sam

Awesome Sam.  Thank you!  This site and the larger vision of the “Reason Project” as a whole is a great thing and just what “the movement” needs.

By the way, I’d also like to thank you for all the discussions i have had on the train while commuting to class…apparently the front cover of “The End of Faith” is enough for people to interrupt my reading and make pathetic attempts to brand me a sinner, to which i retorted and of course dominated!

Thanks again!

TonyD

Moiz Khan

Moiz Khan
Total Posts:  24
Joined  11-05-2009

14 May 2009 23:46

It seems that most of the advisory board members have accounts for the website/forum. Most don’t seem to have really done much yet, but they do exist.

Boninya

Boninya
Total Posts:  3
Joined  14-05-2009

15 May 2009 03:23

By the way, I’d also like to thank you for all the discussions i have had on the train while commuting to class:apparently the front cover of “The End of Faith” is enough for people to interrupt my reading

I had to laugh when I read this….several encounters came flooding back to me from people of all beliefs and lack there of. The J.W.‘s were the funniest…I would purposely stick it out there like a worm on a hook and they’d go for it every time. Kinda mean now that I think about it, but oh well.

And to stay on topic here….I think we’ve already seen they will take part and join in if they find the time, which is cool. But to say they MUST or they will be no better than some immaginary diety is crazy.

Good job on the site, Sam…and everybody who put the site together!

Little Kristin

Little Kristin
Joined  13-05-2009

15 May 2009 04:47

Best,
Sam

Excellent!  I look forward to it.  It’s rather exciting, don’t you think, building this organization from the ground up?  If we’re going to be a proper grassroots organization, though, we’re going to need to work on fundraising. Money makes the world go round…

SeanK

SeanK
Total Posts:  157
Joined  23-07-2006

15 May 2009 05:56

Kristin Anderson - 15 May 2009 02:47 AM

Money makes the world go round…

Not small rodents in wheels?  Crazy talk! Blasphemer!

Little Kristin

Little Kristin
Joined  13-05-2009

15 May 2009 08:06

SeanK - 15 May 2009 03:56 AM
Kristin Anderson - 15 May 2009 02:47 AM

Money makes the world go round…

Not small rodents in wheels?  Crazy talk! Blasphemer!

Had to lay off the hamsters, actually.  The rats could stay full time, but the mice had to trim their hours.  We were doing preliminary experiments utilizing sugar gliders, but the programs were cut once the economy tanked.

Josh

Josh
Total Posts:  852
Joined  22-05-2008

24 May 2009 12:48

I AM - 13 May 2009 10:35 AM

Come to think of it - What makes them different god? Creating a world (albeit online) populating it with faithful supporters, and then never showing themselves!
You know - - I don’t believe THEY exist!

Then one day, while traveling on the Road To Damascus, “I AM” was blinded by an extremely bright light, fell to the ground, and heard these words…..

Best,
Sam

“I AM” became a believer that day, and went on to write several epistles to the Dawkin-ites, the Hitchen-ites, and the Dennett-ites.

Oggy

Oggy
Total Posts:  11
Joined  23-05-2009

25 May 2009 06:25

tonyd - 14 May 2009 09:35 PM

Awesome Sam.  Thank you!  This site and the larger vision of the “Reason Project” as a whole is a great thing and just what “the movement” needs.

TonyD

“The movement” - ridiculous, and counterproductive. It suggests a path of aggression, non civility, activism, hate, and conflict.

I prefer tolerance, and encouragement for the superstitious to adhere to the better parts of their faiths, which are many.

For better or worse, these are your neighbors.

.Lesa

.Lesa
Total Posts:  59
Joined  12-05-2009

25 May 2009 08:57

I’m all for encouraging people to adhere to concepts such as the ethic of reciprocity, but there’s no reason to pretend such concepts started with any known religion.

1 2 >