TRP Billboard Fund

Laizor

Laizor
Total Posts:  1
Joined  15-05-2009

15 May 2009 19:00

Hey everyone. I was wondering if TRP would be interested in starting a Billboard Fund. I live in Arkansas, and there are religious billboards everywhere. It would be nice to have some thought-provoking classy billboards (much like the ones FFRF puts up) to go up around parts of the south and other religious areas.

Some have the opinion that putting up billboards makes us just as bad as the hardcore religious, but I don’t hold that belief. In Arkansas (and many other parts of the south) we are literally strangled by an overwhelming religious presence. This can make it hard to stay motivated to teach other people about reason, science, etc. Well placed, tasteful billboards go a long way to increase motivation in current non-believers, and go just as far to get the undecided thinking.

If there was such a fund, I wouldn’t mind paying $10 a month or something like that to support it. I think TRP should look into doing something like this.

obscured by clouds

obscured by clouds
Total Posts:  224
Joined  20-10-2007

15 May 2009 19:18

Location location location! Besides that the next issues is of expense. They are not cheep, and to tell you the truth I’m not sure they do much good unless the media picks up on it. Now if the media picks it up, now that can benefit TRP. It’s a gamble that will cost 3-5k.

Laizor

Laizor
Total Posts:  1
Joined  15-05-2009

15 May 2009 19:29

obscured by clouds - 15 May 2009 05:18 PM

Location location location! Besides that the next issues is of expense. They are not cheep, and to tell you the truth I’m not sure they do much good unless the media picks up on it. Now if the media picks it up, now that can benefit TRP. It’s a gamble that will cost 3-5k.

Non-religious billboards will get noticed by the media in Arkansas, trust me! It might be a gamble, but if people are donating specifically to that cause it’s a gamble worth doing I think.

DangerousTalk

DangerousTalk
Total Posts:  15
Joined  11-05-2009

15 May 2009 20:00

Laizor, please send me photos of those religious billboards and check out my thread on the Billboard Wars Project that I am running. If you are serious about getting a Billboard in your area, you should check out FreethoughtAction.org. Their Billboard is awesome and always gets attention. There is also a movement to create “CoR” (Coalition of Reason) groups around the country to help fund those Billboards.
-Staks
DangerousTalk.net