Poll: Would you watch "Defend Your Faith"?

Yes

No

Don’t Know

Reality TV Show

WillRock

WillRock
Total Posts:  1
Joined  19-05-2009

19 May 2009 17:34

How about a reality series where the host (LIKE ME, FOR INSTANCE) finds believers through a series of mousetraps which entice faithful to ask about religious beliefs, then corners and debates them on their core beliefs with expertise in public. I have been doing this using Sam’s Conversational Intolerance for 3 years at airports in the US with astounding results. It would make the sauciest and juiciest marketing energy around our message: DEFEND YOUR FAITH.
http://www.lethalleap.blogspot.com

obscured by clouds

obscured by clouds
Total Posts:  224
Joined  20-10-2007

19 May 2009 18:23

Yeah something like that could be fun. Though I hate “reality shows” but they are popular, good fodder for the TV.

jesuslol

jesuslol
Total Posts:  15
Joined  11-05-2009

22 May 2009 04:13

Lol, that’s pretty funny actually.  But I think it might further the stereotype of the ‘argumentative and angry-at-God atheist’.  It would be hilarious though.

fabrulana

fabrulana
Total Posts:  46
Joined  04-07-2008

22 May 2009 06:56

Yeah I’d watch it ! My favourite shows are Penn and Teller’s Bullshit and Real Time but I think it it would be interesting to hear the philosophies of other people and how well they are able to defend them.  And to make it more fun, each can have a case of cream pies next to them smile

antx

antx
Total Posts:  20
Joined  07-06-2008

24 May 2009 08:25

The data collected from it could even be used for statistics that could be shown to the public. It would illustrate what the points for and against a certain worldview or religion is, where the reasonings tend to fail and how diverse certain religions actually are inside. That would indeed be interesting.

Josh

Josh
Total Posts:  852
Joined  22-05-2008

24 May 2009 13:44

Here in the U.S., where roughly three quarters of the population identify themselves as Christians, a great idea for a “who-wants-to-be-a-millionaire” type of show would be one in which Christians are asked Bible trivia questions…..and the more money at stake, the more difficult the questions are. This will entertain, and provoke thought on the part of Christians about how much of their own Bible they have actually read, and how much they really even know about their own religion.

I can see it now…..for 100 dollars, who created everything?

“God! Final answer!”

You are 100 dollars richer! Now, for 500 dollars, was Joan of Arc…..Noah’s wife?

“No need to phone a friend…...the answer is NO!”

Nicely done! Now, for 1,000 dollars…..how old was Methuselah when he begat Lamech?

“Uh…..”