Does anyone else hate Peggy Noonan?

W. Collins

W. Collins
Total Posts:  2451
Joined  13-07-2009

21 July 2009 23:41

It’s not even her views that I hate, it’s mainly her voice and manner of speaking. Somehow, she manages a completely emotionless monotone no matter what she’s talking about, yet she manages to be extremely condescending to everyone she’s talking to, and anyone who happens to be listening. I want to be mad at her for belittling anyone she talks to, but I find myself too tired from her dull voice to be mad at anything. Also, she recently claimed that no one was talking about health care when she was a kid… 20 years ago. I wasn’t buying it, so I went to wikipedia:

Peggy Noonan (born Margaret Ellen Noonan on September 7, 1950, in Brooklyn, New York)

Yeah, didn’t think so…

rab

rab
Total Posts:  2541
Joined  26-03-2006

21 July 2009 23:54

Go to The Daily Show’s website and watch Lewis Black’s “Back in Black.” He rips Noonan a good one on her snide remarks about American’s obsession with healthcare.

W. Collins

W. Collins
Total Posts:  2451
Joined  13-07-2009

22 July 2009 00:19

rab - 21 July 2009 09:54 PM

Go to The Daily Show’s website and watch Lewis Black’s “Back in Black.” He rips Noonan a good one on her snide remarks about American’s obsession with healthcare.

Just watched it. You gotta love how The Daily Show is once again the best source for pointing out stupidity and hypocrisy in media and politics.

5 out of 5 people are gonna die anyways.

LOL

I like how Lewis Black stuck it to Noonan, funny stuff.

I watched the Brian Williams interview that I guess was on the same episode. I never realized he was such a funny bastard. I guess that’s because the only time I’ve really seen him was on To Catch a Predator, and, not surprisingly, the atmosphere doesn’t really leave much room for humor. I gotta start watching The Daily Show more often. Time to set the TiVo.