Joined  24-09-2009

25 September 2009 06:01

im not so sure if it’s right to leave a question about video contest here,
but im wondering,

im a girl from Korea, im a university student,
and i’ve seen this information about Reason Project Video Contest,
and i wonder if i can participate.
because im not a citizen of U.S, and
there’s nothing saying that’s an international contest.
please give me an answer.

thank you.

MoRawk

MoRawk
Total Posts:  6
Joined  23-09-2009

25 September 2009 06:32

Well there is nothing that says it is not an international contest either =) I’d say go for it !!

zike

zike
Total Posts:  76
Joined  18-09-2009

25 September 2009 07:56

I didn’t even pay attention to that. I am from Croatia and I am thinking to apply.

obscured by clouds

obscured by clouds
Total Posts:  224
Joined  20-10-2007

26 September 2009 13:56

While I can not say for fact, only cause I don’t know, but I am SURE this is open to all!!

trucrocks

trucrocks
Total Posts:  1
Joined  14-10-2009

14 October 2009 21:30

Does anyone know when the deadline is?
And also how long the video is supposed to be?
Is there a limit to how long the video is?

xorhteb

xorhteb
Joined  07-11-2009

07 November 2009 23:54

I too Am thinkin to apply to this contest but the contest seems very vague ....
@jimmi , @ morawk @zike @trucrocks
we could discuss about improvising our idea by mutual sharing that way we could have more effective piece of work.

1) i really dont know what reason project wants us to make in terms of video (What is the messege of foundation ????)

2) there are so many topics is it a add about the site or we should take some topics or things as such

3) the time is said between 2-5 minutes as per i had noticed in one site but when is the deadline ..
(saw 31st dec 2009 pls correct me if am wrong)

cheers !!!

[ Edited: 08 November 2009 00:01 by xorhteb]

Gavin Orland

Gavin Orland
Joined  19-12-2009

19 December 2009 08:26

I suppose there can never be enough rational videos, but it seems to me this has already been won 40 times over by Pat Condell:

http://www.patcondell.net/

His videos are both funny and very serious, extremely articulate and to the point.

If not Pat, then WWGHA!

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/all-videos.htm

Anyway, look forward to seeing the new ones..

Sadun Kal

Sadun Kal
Total Posts:  3
Joined  12-05-2009

19 December 2009 09:08

It seems that “The contest is open to residents of the US, UK, and Canada.” and it’s not that international.

http://www.reasonproject.org/contests/video_contest/

I was thinking about applying with this video:
http://vimeo.com/6802967

But I may not be able to do that since I’m not exactly from any of those countries listed. My video probably goes beyond the scope of the Reason Project anyway, so it wouldn’t have a chance in the contest. Nevertheless I’d like as many people as possible to see my video because I consider the message pretty important.

Actually I’d like to know why the organizers decided to keep it limited to the 3 countries.

And I would like to be allowed to apply even if there is no way for me to win anything, just to get people to watch the video and think about its content. Possible?

isocratic infidel

isocratic infidel
Total Posts:  1054
Joined  08-10-2007

19 December 2009 14:53

Hey Sadun, Bravo! That was pretty damn good.
I liked your quickie claymation “Anna Nirvana” and “Homo” was silky… strangely lovely and life-affirming.
Are you finished with film school yet?
I look forward to seeing more of your work.

With your permission, I’d like to put your “Humancipate ” on my social networking site,otherwise known as facebook.
With two Hands Clapping,
ii

Sadun Kal

Sadun Kal
Total Posts:  3
Joined  12-05-2009

19 December 2009 18:05

Thanks. I’m glad you liked it enough to want to share it. “Humancipate” was my graduation film. So yes, I’m through with school. But I don’t know what I’ll do in the future. No promises about any future work.

The video is already public. You can link to it in whatever way you want. If you’re talking about uploading it to Facebook yourself; I already did that and would prefer you to link to my upload instead: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=233341039852

Maybe it’s better to talk about such relatively personal stuff through PMs though. I don’t want to be responsible causing distraction from the topic, and I’d still appreciate some answers from the staff to the questions I asked, if possible.

realogist

realogist
Total Posts:  4
Joined  20-11-2009

24 December 2009 13:40

Really liked your work, and I think it would definitely qualify for the contest.

I’m in the states, and found out about The Reason Project via this contest and will definitely be submitting a video, but coming up with a good idea is the hard part, as it’s so open and many ways to approach this subject matter.

I like your idea very much and it has given me inspiration.  I would very much like to collaborate with others, even if they are outside of the US, since I can submit a video, not sure how or if this could conflict with the rules.

I am also a filmmaker, mostly live action shorts, but thinking of picking up flash and doing animation for this project.  I am in the washington, DC area if anyone around wants to collaborate locally, or overseas via email.

Spintendo

Spintendo
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-10-2009

15 March 2010 15:17

Why aren’t any of these videos captioned? Are there no secular Deaf & H.O.H. subscribers? This seems too quiescent a move for the “activist” Proj.Reason that I know and love. who dropped the ball?

W. Collins

W. Collins
Total Posts:  2451
Joined  13-07-2009

15 March 2010 16:53

They’re amateur movies from what I understand.

Spintendo

Spintendo
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-10-2009

15 March 2010 17:13

Captions are difficult to create?  this shouldnt be difficult for our auteurs. Like a plant wants of sunshine, a good video wants accessibility to its audience!