THE JOY OF ATHEISM

Rigamortus

Rigamortus
Total Posts:  162
Joined  15-01-2010

05 March 2010 01:28

chowbok - 05 March 2010 12:05 AM

Daniel,

And the last time I looked comedy/humor had an enormous amount of ridicule and cruelty in it.

:that, unfortunately, is what passes for humor these days.  Look at it this way, what if I was to submit an article to the Reason Project titled: “Atheism, the opiate of Imbecile,” how would you feel about that?  It would be damn funny too – because humor is what I write best!  Daniel, as a former Catholic you know quite well that we Catholics love a to have a good laugh at ourselves.  But now, as a dirt-dull atheist, do you think you could “take-it?”

Lastly, the tiger arrives tomorrow.  So, if any of you have any good names I’d like to hear them.  Also, because of the arrival of the tiger I will not be able to respond to your pain for a few days (but I will).  So, in the meantime, sharpen your wits, friends – I will return!

Contrary to popular belief, not all people enjoy the same kind of humor.  If you don’t like this kind, I would recommend you not read it.  I wouldn’t read it either, based on the snippet he posted.

As an aside… Catholics pretty much HAVE to laugh at themselves these days don’t they?

[ Edited: 05 March 2010 01:30 by Rigamortus]

goodgraydrab

goodgraydrab
Total Posts:  7845
Joined  19-12-2007

05 March 2010 16:19

chowbok - 05 March 2010 12:05 AM

Daniel,

And the last time I looked comedy/humor had an enormous amount of ridicule and cruelty in it.

:that, unfortunately, is what passes for humor these days.  Look at it this way, what if I was to submit an article to the Reason Project titled: “Atheism, the opiate of Imbecile,” how would you feel about that?  It would be damn funny too – because humor is what I write best!  Daniel, as a former Catholic you know quite well that we Catholics love a to have a good laugh at ourselves.  But now, as a dirt-dull atheist, do you think you could “take-it?”

Your posts are your article ... and damn funny too.

‹ First  < 6 7 8