How many of our civil rights ca be impeded?

jackass81

jackass81
Total Posts:  1
Joined  05-03-2010

06 March 2010 02:46

How many of our civil rights can be impeded?

Cell phones while driving, the governments financial irresponsibility, cooperations now have the rights as an individual. I don’t get any of this, this is not what our fore fathers sought out to do. America has to get a life “coming from a sector of jobless partially educated human sludge”. Keep pointing out the flaws of America and it will become unjust and eventually it will become illegal. This country has to remember that only the strong survive, no matter what you do to stop these idiots from killing them selves and others they will find more, and probably more interesting ways to idiotically kill their selves and by oversight, kill so called, “innocents.” So all I am saying is let everything that can cause death be allowed and make it the right of the individual to protect them self from stupidity. and realistically, we all know what is just too fucking stupid to get away with and live…

goodgraydrab

goodgraydrab
Total Posts:  7845
Joined  19-12-2007

06 March 2010 03:01

Driving is not a right so I don’t see how cell phones while driving is a right. But could you narrow your focus a little or provide more specific elaboration and support for your topic so that I’ll know what it is you’re talking about?

eudemonia

eudemonia
Total Posts:  9031
Joined  05-04-2008

06 March 2010 12:19

Yup. There may be a very good reason why this person picked ‘jackass’ for a moniker.

I’m with ggd. Can you elaborate a little further and a little clearer for us here?

W. Collins

W. Collins
Total Posts:  2451
Joined  13-07-2009

06 March 2010 13:09

Which of the amendments deals with talking on a cell phone while driving?

eudemonia

eudemonia
Total Posts:  9031
Joined  05-04-2008

06 March 2010 13:31

Freedom of SPEECH Collins-duh!

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  7138
Joined  15-02-2007

06 March 2010 14:06

jackass81 - 06 March 2010 01:46 AM

Cell phones while driving,..... So all I am saying is let everything that can cause death be allowed and make it the right of the individual to protect them self from stupidity. and realistically, we all know what is just too fucking stupid to get away with and live…

So we can get rid of traffic signs and signals too then?
And regulations surrounding commercial aircraft safety?
And automobile safety regs and enforcement?
And code requirements and industry standards for home and commercial building construction?
And those pesky health insurance companies?

Good deal.

W. Collins

W. Collins
Total Posts:  2451
Joined  13-07-2009

06 March 2010 14:39

eudemonia - 06 March 2010 12:31 PM

Freedom of SPEECH Collins-duh!

But what if your freedom of speech may infringe of someone else’s inalienable right to life? Usually when someone almost crashes into me I look and notice they have a phone pressed against their head, sometimes they even have a doughnut or a Big Mac in the other hand.

goodgraydrab

goodgraydrab
Total Posts:  7845
Joined  19-12-2007

07 March 2010 00:13

Jefe - 06 March 2010 01:06 PM
jackass81 - 06 March 2010 01:46 AM

Cell phones while driving,..... So all I am saying is let everything that can cause death be allowed and make it the right of the individual to protect them self from stupidity. and realistically, we all know what is just too fucking stupid to get away with and live…

So we can get rid of traffic signs and signals too then?
And regulations surrounding commercial aircraft safety?
And automobile safety regs and enforcement?
And code requirements and industry standards for home and commercial building construction?
And those pesky health insurance companies?

Good deal.

Thanks for the editing job, El Jefe. Now I get what he’s talking about. I take issue with, “realistically,  we all know what is just too fucking stupid to get away with and live ...”  I used to figure that I had a reasonable chance of coming out alive in a car crash with another small sedan. Then SUVs came along and a T-boner in my driver’s side would have pretty much guaranteed death, so much so that new sedans were going to require extra steel beams on doors at an extra cost of $2000. - $3000. I wouldn’t be able to buy a new sedan without the protection, much less with it. If I could afford it, the best thing would have been to buy a bigger SUV (even if it was too stupid to get away with climate change and live). Hey, maybe that’s how it all mushroomed. Well, I trust that I know what is too fucking stupid, but “we all” doesn’t quite cut it ... I keep an eye out, but you never know when that “too stupid” person will cross your path.

What happened? Got a ticket or missed a call from a hot chick?