why does the reason project forum look like the sam harris forum?

jdrnd

jdrnd
Total Posts:  5899
Joined  25-08-2009

28 March 2010 14:05

why did the background art of the forum get changed to look like the Sam Harris forum?  or has it been this way all along and I didn’t notice.

Jeff

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  18127
Joined  15-02-2008

28 March 2010 16:00

jdrnd - 28 March 2010 12:05 PM

why did the background art of the forum get changed to look like the Sam Harris forum?  or has it been this way all along and I didn’t notice.

Jeff

At the bottom of you screen is a dropdown box, change it from “Samh” to “reasonproject”.

jdrnd

jdrnd
Joined  25-08-2009

28 March 2010 16:11

GAD - 28 March 2010 02:00 PM

Jeff

At the bottom of you screen is a dropdown box, change it from “Samh” to “reasonproject”.

Ahhh, thats better.  I’m discovering all these new things I should have known about.

HEY GAD are you stalking me!

Jeff

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

28 March 2010 16:25

jdrnd - 28 March 2010 02:11 PM

Jeff

Ahhh, thats better.  I’m discovering all these new things I should have known about.

Jeff

I use the “samh” template, it has a button at the top that shows the last 10 new topics, the “reasonproject” template doesn’t have that. Each time I sit down at my computer I check the the new topics and reply to the ones I am interested in.

jdrnd

jdrnd
Joined  25-08-2009

28 March 2010 16:33

GAD - 28 March 2010 02:25 PM
jdrnd - 28 March 2010 02:11 PM

Jeff

Jeff

I use the “samh” template, it has a button at the top that shows the last 10 new topics, the “reasonproject” template doesn’t have that. Each time I sit down at my computer I check the the new topics and reply to the ones I am interested in.

So I’ve been a member of this forum since the summer.  Yet, In the last 24 hours I learned that I could subscribe to a thread without having to first post on it, I could change the format of the forum so that I could track the last 10 posts, Sam Harris doesn’t own the world, and that bruce burelson moved on in some way… who is bruce burelson?.  I never really saw an advantage to writing ones name in reverse.  to quote BM ...“its silly”.

Jeff

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

28 March 2010 16:47

jdrnd - 28 March 2010 02:33 PM

So I’ve been a member of this forum since the summer.  Yet, In the last 24 hours I learned that I could subscribe to a thread without having to first post on it

Only on the “reasonproject” template.

I could change the format of the forum so that I could track the last 10 posts,

Only on the “samh” template.

and that bruce burelson moved on in some way… who is bruce burelson?.  I never really saw an advantage to writing ones name in reverse.  to quote BM ...“its silly”.

Bruce is/was the second highest poster on the site and probably 25% of the total post count on the entire site were in response to stuff Bruce said. He was a theist, but his version of the bible only had like 10 pages in it, but he was very committed to them.

jdrnd

jdrnd
Joined  25-08-2009

29 March 2010 00:13

GAD - 28 March 2010 02:47 PM
jdrnd - 28 March 2010 02:33 PM

So I’ve been a member of this forum since the summer.  Yet, In the last 24 hours I learned that I could subscribe to a thread without having to first post on it

Only on the “reasonproject” template.

I could change the format of the forum so that I could track the last 10 posts,

Only on the “samh” template.

and that bruce burelson moved on in some way… who is bruce burelson?.  I never really saw an advantage to writing ones name in reverse.  to quote BM ...“its silly”.

Bruce is/was the second highest poster on the site and probably 25% of the total post count on the entire site were in response to stuff Bruce said. He was a theist, but his version of the bible only had like 10 pages in it, but he was very committed to them.

I guess I never got involved in the “Bruce” threads. 

Now that I found that button on the bottom of the window, I find that I like the “developers” view of the forum better than the other views.

I have been visiting the Ann coulter forum… its very interesting.  Its populated by people with a completely different mindset. Its a different universe.  Alot of it is pure nonsense, but hours of entertainment, I just don’t take it that seriously.  Despite what everyone here might think there are some very erudite indivuduals who post at that forum and do a very good job in defending evolution, separation of church and state, etc (and I’m not talking about me).

Jeff

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

29 March 2010 01:01

jdrnd - 28 March 2010 10:13 PM

I guess I never got involved in the “Bruce” threads.

He was a really nice guy, I am sorry to see him go.

Now that I found that button on the bottom of the window, I find that I like the “developers” view of the forum better than the other views.

Yeah I kind of think I do too, I’m going to try it for while.

I have been visiting the Ann coulter forum: its very interesting.  Its populated by people with a completely different mindset. Its a different universe.  Alot of it is pure nonsense, but hours of entertainment, I just don’t take it that seriously.  Despite what everyone here might think there are some very erudite indivuduals who post at that forum and do a very good job in defending evolution, separation of church and state, etc (and I’m not talking about me).

Sounds interesting, but I spend to much time here as it is so haven’t been motivated to make much time elsewhere. Also, I can say whatever I want here (and do) and get mad even at the thought of being censored.