< 1 2

Curious..

SkepticX

SkepticX
Total Posts:  14817
Joined  24-12-2004

21 July 2010 21:16

can zen - 21 July 2010 03:15 PM

But the actions of this minority government just shows how out of touch with reality these fearful christians can be - they focus their attention on creating fear in the populace and then they act accordingly to show that they are doing something about the fear that they have created (the fear that crime is out of control and on the rise in Canada).

And if so ordered by their leadership, you can count on the large majority of them to get out and vote.

[ Edited: 22 July 2010 12:20 by SkepticX]

CalmWind

CalmWind
Total Posts:  870
Joined  01-08-2006

22 July 2010 05:02

stardust91977 - 21 July 2010 07:07 PM

I was wondering if the moderators are censoring the fundies.  Many of the sites I’ve been to in the past seem over-run with them, and for whatever reason this one doesn’t.

Apart from our crazy Canadian boob-spammer, bots and the like, I know of only two instances where moderators have taken action against members. First was a rather aggressive muslim man, who answered any critique of his posts with name-calling. The other was a Christian(don’t now for sure, but he claimed to have literally fought the Devil, as in hand-to-hand battle, at more than one occasion) man with, my personal opinion, some serious emotional problems. He also failed to address critique and resorted to insults as often as he could.
They where both put on a forum vacation for a month, but I’ve not seen them since.

We’re not much for censoring here. After all, this isn’t a religious forum.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6510
Joined  22-02-2005

22 July 2010 05:33

I was wondering if the moderators are censoring the fundies.

I would never delete a fundie for being a fundie unless they had a link to lasercircumcision or something. Besides, no one has the power to ban or un-ban anymore. Just endless deletions of our 30,000+ strong bot population.

I was stabbed and gutted a lot more before I was a moderator. I miss it.

santhosh

santhosh
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  01-06-2011

22 July 2010 06:00

[ Edited: 22 January 2013 06:29 by santhosh]

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6510
Joined  22-02-2005

22 July 2010 08:07

stardust91977 - 22 July 2010 04:00 AM

Nhoj, what does “I was stabbed and gutted a lot more before I was a moderator.” mean?

It means I’m whiny and overdue for my nap. I was using GAD’s phrase to express how my posts were once sliced-up, mangled and spat out like half chewed woo-maggots. I gained from every wound. Now I’m a mod and nobody wants to pick on me. Maybe I’m too old hat. I wish I had the time to post more. Whine, whine.

what exactly do the moderators do and how do they come to do it? Are you volunteers? Employees? Demi-gods who sit on high, keeping a watchful eye on the activities of the puny heathens below?

We are just some of the puny heathens who volunteered to protect the forums from spam attacks. Andrew and I are here or observing all through the day and night. We decided to make a more visible presence as hosts or lunch nannies in order to create the illusion of an active and managed forum. This has been my little backwater tavern for 5 years and as long as I’m nailed to my desk here, I will continue to volunteer and fly the flag until they pry the mouse from my cold, dead fingers. Boobquake indeed:.

Andrew

Andrew
Total Posts:  9231
Joined  15-06-2006

22 July 2010 10:17

Nhoj Morley - 22 July 2010 06:07 AM
stardust91977 - 22 July 2010 04:00 AM

Nhoj, what does “I was stabbed and gutted a lot more before I was a moderator.” mean?

It means I’m whiny and overdue for my nap. I was using GAD’s phrase to express how my posts were once sliced-up, mangled and spat out like half chewed woo-maggots. I gained from every wound. Now I’m a mod and nobody wants to pick on me. Maybe I’m too old hat. I wish I had the time to post more. Whine, whine.

what exactly do the moderators do and how do they come to do it? Are you volunteers? Employees? Demi-gods who sit on high, keeping a watchful eye on the activities of the puny heathens below?

We are just some of the puny heathens who volunteered to protect the forums from spam attacks. Andrew and I are here or observing all through the day and night. We decided to make a more visible presence as hosts or lunch nannies in order to create the illusion of an active and managed forum. This has been my little backwater tavern for 5 years and as long as I’m nailed to my desk here, I will continue to volunteer and fly the flag until they pry the mouse from my cold, dead fingers. Boobquake indeed:.

(Andrew):  And we’re responsible for the fresh pot of coffee every morning in the lounge.

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Total Posts:  19830
Joined  20-07-2007

22 July 2010 13:49

goodgraydrab - 21 July 2010 04:37 PM

I’m still trying to figure out what the underlying basis of the OP is.  confused

Sorry, goodgraydrab.

I was wondering if the moderators are censoring the fundies.  Many of the sites I’ve been to in the past seem over-run with them, and for whatever reason this one doesn’t.

We usually treat the “Save the world,” and “god will smack you” fundies in an unkind manner, so they go away or are ignored.  A few have been so stupid as to challenge any secular authority,  such as a moderator, and they’ve gone to wherever such people go, but not here.

goodgraydrab

goodgraydrab
Total Posts:  7845
Joined  19-12-2007

22 July 2010 14:31

Dennis Campbell - 22 July 2010 11:49 AM
goodgraydrab - 21 July 2010 04:37 PM

I’m still trying to figure out what the underlying basis of the OP is.  confused

Sorry, goodgraydrab.

We usually treat the “Save the world,” and “god will smack you” fundies in an unkind manner, so they go away or are ignored.  A few have been so stupid as to challenge any secular authority,  such as a moderator, and they’ve gone to wherever such people go, but not here.

Got it. We’re like an army of white blood cells and that’s the way we like it.

santhosh

santhosh
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  01-06-2011

22 July 2010 19:28

[ Edited: 22 January 2013 06:30 by santhosh]

< 1 2