‹ First  < 82 83 84

The Forum Diary

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3468
Joined  21-10-2016

06 July 2019 06:43

It looks like Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green will be signing with the L.A. Clippers and L.A. Lakers respectively.  Oh well.  Sports commentators seem to be ruling out another NBA championship for the Raptors in the next year or two.  But heh, you never know; the Raptors weren’t favoured to win this year either.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

29 August 2019 07:18

Well, it’s hurricane season again and Dorian is headed towards Florida.  Take care bbearren (& anyone else in its path) and I hope that all goes well with everyone.

EN
Total Posts:  21811
Joined  11-03-2007

29 August 2019 09:04

Jan_CAN - 29 August 2019 07:18 AM

Well, it’s hurricane season again and Dorian is headed towards Florida.  Take care bbearren (& anyone else in its path) and I hope that all goes well with everyone.

Yeah, all the spaghetti strands (forecasts) seem to hit in about the same area.

bbearren

bbearren
Total Posts:  3855
Joined  20-11-2013

29 August 2019 11:30

Yes, I peek in on the weather channel from time to time.  Most of the spaghetti models have it on a track north of me, which would put me on the weaker side of it.
It’s also projected to increase to a Cat 4, but I’m in the middle of the state, so it will be weaker by the time any effects get started in my area.  I’ll keep y’all posted.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

29 August 2019 11:55

bbearren - 29 August 2019 11:30 AM

Yes, I peek in on the weather channel from time to time.  Most of the spaghetti models have it on a track north of me, which would put me on the weaker side of it.
It’s also projected to increase to a Cat 4, but I’m in the middle of the state, so it will be weaker by the time any effects get started in my area.  I’ll keep y’all posted.

Yes, please keep us posted.
I know you’re experienced and careful and hope are also preparing for the worst-case scenario.

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

31 August 2019 10:32

Looks like every single model was wrong.  Still can’t predict the future.  It’s following the coast north - no landfall in Florida.  Maybe Trump ordered it away.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  6828
Joined  08-12-2006

31 August 2019 11:49

EN - 31 August 2019 10:32 AM

Looks like every single model was wrong.  Still can’t predict the future.  It’s following the coast north - no landfall in Florida.  Maybe Trump ordered it away.

He threatened to nuke it.

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

31 August 2019 15:39

Antisocialdarwinist - 31 August 2019 11:49 AM
EN - 31 August 2019 10:32 AM

He threatened to nuke it.

Ha!  Anything to save a golf course.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6419
Joined  22-02-2005

25 October 2019 23:27

In my neighborhood, this year’s Halloween falls on trash night. Instead of having parents and children out celebrating both and tripping over each other, we combine the festivities.
The usual activities like riding the recycling separator and the Scissor Out the Greasy Parts of the Pizza Box Contest are cut short so we can send everybody out on a once-in-a-childhood adventure that we call Trick or Waste Treatment.

The children set out at dusk with a big sack of their own trash. They go door to door in search of the Trash Fairy. They ring the doorbell and shout, “Call the fairy! Take my trash!” All the neighbors answer their door and say, “No fairies! Go away!” Then it is up to the youngsters to make a plea for the neighbor to take just one piece of trash from their sack. Often, it is a promise to rake the leaves or get better grades. Some neighbors make their own demands like a promise to read a book. The neighbor then cheerfully takes one piece of trash and slams the door.

Big smiles and social approval await the child who brings home an empty sack. They fall asleep to dream of the Trash Fairy coming in its big iron sleigh and taking their unwanted things to the Forgettable Oblivion. Parents lie awake wondering if their children’s stuff will ever reach the Promised Landfill. If we were sold a bill of goods, we’ll never find it now.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6419
Joined  22-02-2005

30 October 2019 23:32

The forum is slow and gummy again. Notice the guest count in the thousands. Wuz up?

We apologize for any inconvenience.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17780
Joined  15-02-2008

31 October 2019 00:13

Nhoj Morley - 30 October 2019 11:32 PM

The forum is slow and gummy again. Notice the guest count in the thousands. Wuz up?

We apologize for any inconvenience.

A spammers from god denial-of-reason attack.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3367
Joined  26-03-2013

07 November 2019 13:47

Like taking a breather while inbetween shows
Or spiking a fever when nobody knows
Waiting for rain through the mists of the dawn
Masking the pain coz the play must go on

It’s hard to keep still when our patience is thin
And cheapens the thrill as we take it all in
Tempers might soften while grasping a dream
Things are most often not quite what they seem

Like losing the trace of the prints that you find
A slap in the face when you’re losing yer mind
Watching the masses so desperate for change
Then changing the classes until it feels strange

It’s hard to explain when the fields are so far
And catch every train or forget where you are
The chalk of the humble will write on the wall
And with the reign crumble when empires fall

Like wars that we wage and stakes that we peg
Study lines on the page til we’re breaking a leg
Whether poverty struck or live high on the hog
We won’t give a fuck when we’re lost in the fog

It’s hard to keep sight of those planting the seed
And it’s opening night for those playing the lead
The jitters will end and the curtains will climb
In a world of pretend with one act at a time.

‹ First  < 82 83 84