‹ First  < 93 94 95

The Forum Diary

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6953
Joined  22-02-2005

22 August 2021 19:42

LadyJane - 21 August 2021 05:18 AM

The only thing more therapeutic than a person wielding a chainsaw…is a one eyed person wielding a chainsaw.

My therapy is limited to a hand saw. I’m very efficient. I can see three saws cutting three branches at once. On the down side, there are three trees to clear from three driveways.

Whoops. Triple post.

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Total Posts:  5183
Joined  19-08-2010

30 August 2021 08:51

Hello folks,

We are experiencing some problems currently on the forum, please bear with us while we try to get things back in order.

Many thanks, Martin.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3866
Joined  21-10-2016

24 September 2021 20:21

nonverbal,

Did you know that your PM mailbox is full and not accepting messages?

I tried to send you a private message, an apology for my not very polite and too strong response to you the other day (post #46 on the “No sympathy for anti-vaxxers dying of COVID” thread). 

Anyway ... sorry,
Jan

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6953
Joined  22-02-2005

11 October 2021 07:12

Week #1

It is usually an adventure to move into a new place. That is when one discovers the creaky floors, doors that don’t shut right and light switches that don’t work. The new PRF page is no exception.

My thanks and appreciation to all SHF patrons who bravely signed up for the PRF reboot and figured out how to navigate the site. It is a slow start but there is plenty of time, maybe.

The site host, Bandzoogle, isn’t entirely up to speed on the needs and common amenities of a proper discussion forum. Patrons’ posts can be corrected upon request to the admins. However, we humbly ask that posters make a quick glance at their speeling before hitting submit.

A snafu was found and cured by the zoogle developers in hours instead of weeks. I will present a full wish list of normal forum functions like quote boxes and attachments in hopes that they feel motivated to install them.

Some of the problems are unique to me and have kept me from seeing new posts. Some of that has been sorted out but I am setting an unusual example.

Normally, site owners (like The Boss) do not participate in their own discussion forums. We are expected to remain distant, busy and aloof and not spoil our mystique by participating. For example, there is no means for me to have an avatar.

I intend to participate as much as I can. And not just with travel pics or personal news like my youngest daughter announcing her engagement.

Since the PRF has not collapsed or imploded, this second week will see the promo taps turn on at the other visitors to my site. New blood would ce cool.

Thanks again and, as always, we apologize for any inconvenience.

‹ First  < 93 94 95