The Forum Guidelines

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  22-02-2005

28 October 2010 15:22

The Forum Guidelines

Who Can Post- 

We welcome Theists and Atheists alike to our robust discussions. If you’ve come to lay the truth on us or share your revealed wisdom, be prepared to answer to a incisive examination or be cast aside in favor of those who will.
Because of our spam problem, we request that you do not include any links of any kind in your posts, signature or profile until you have established yourself as a real person to forum members. If we mistake you a spam-bot, please try again.

What You Can Post-

We welcome your POV and your thoughtful comments on other posters POV’s. Our discussions can be rough and laced with anger, sarcasm and vitriol. We recognize that, for most atheists, theism has given them a lot to feel angry, sarcastic and vitriolic about. At this forum, such steam can be vented among understanding friends. If you want to pound something into oblivion and can do it with intelligence, flair, wit and a detectable humility, we don’t care what words you use. We inform each other of news items and amusements- picture attachments and links to blogs, youtube and articles are allowed once we know you’re a person. All posts must be work-place safe or they will edited or deleted. Insults and attacks without supporting discussion points, or insults pertaining to non-discussion related items, or any invasion or violation of a member’s privacy may be deleted by a Moderator and may lead to suspension or banning.

What You Can Do-

You can join a current discussion, re-awaken an old one or start a new thread in any sub-forum that is appropriately titled for your particular subject. A thread titled “Hey, What About That Morality Thing” may find traction, but at the cost of other unfolding threads on the same subject. Please start something specific, like “The Morality of Euthanizing Inconvenient Cats”. If you’re unfamiliar with how to edit a quote box, read the sticky. Try to avoid repeating long post in a quote box unless you need it all or break it up into sections.
If you have a problem with a fellow poster, you can PM a moderator. If you have a problem with a moderator, you can PM the other moderators first, and then if necessary, the site Administrators.

[ Edited: 04 June 2016 22:15 by Nhoj Morley]

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

05 December 2010 11:01

Moderators’ Rules of Engagement

The most pressing question- Can Moderators moderate a thread in which they are a combatant? Absolutely. Is this ideal? Of course not.

Until God knows when, this site has three acknowledged Moderators/Hostesses; myself, Andrew, and the winsome CalmWind who sports the ferocious tiger avatar. Others still carry the badge, but are not active moderators. That can’t help but leave us with a very personality based decorum and less than entirely predictable sensibilities. We’re not Church Ladies.
We’re three guys with guns in a rowdy saloon. Does that bias the whole forum towards seeing things our way? I suppose it does. Consider the alternative. Someone should have a gun around here.

So, score one for the moderators.

In order to mitigate the God-like power of eternal obliteration that is truly an unfair advantage in any contest, moderators may not delete any posters material from a thread whether or not they are a discussion participant. The exceptions being the truly disgusting or work-place unfriendly. You know: cartoon BJ’s and stuff. As always, no threats of beheading.

Any moderator can excise and move contestable text intact to a holding thread to be found in the Bug Reports Sub-Forum. This is to separate the contest from the original thread pages and allow for all involved to hash it out. If hash is found, or cooler heads prevail, the text goes back where it came from either intact or edited by the original author. If two guys with guns say no, off it goes. This will not be a quick or hot-headed process.

Score one for everybody, I hope.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

06 February 2012 07:22

Bump.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

26 September 2012 10:50

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR THE FOES OF PROJECT REASON:

MARTIN UK HAS ANDREW’S ADMIN POWER AND IS NOW AS DANGEROUS AS I AM.

DEATH TO SPAM!

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

27 September 2012 05:41

Martin has pummeled some spam at last.

I remember my first time…

Andrew

Andrew
Total Posts:  9231
Joined  15-06-2006

30 September 2012 21:44

Nhoj Morley - 26 September 2012 08:50 AM

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR THE FOES OF PROJECT REASON:

MARTIN UK HAS ANDREW’S ADMIN POWER AND IS NOW AS DANGEROUS AS I AM.

DEATH TO SPAM!

(Andrew):  I approve this message.

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Total Posts:  4916
Joined  19-08-2010

09 January 2013 19:24

Have you noticed anything different???

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

09 January 2013 20:22

At last! Mart gets the long pants!

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

06 August 2013 15:25

We encourage a heightened decorum in the Introduction threads. Welcoming Newbies should not include stabbing comments abouts established patrons.

Some long-time posters have brought so much to the forum over the years that they have earned a certain liberty of style. Until newer posters develop their own heft, if they ever do, we suggest they refrain from stabbing, biting, kicking, scratching and all of that kind of thing.

I don’t speak for Dr. Harris here but it should be clarified that this is not an Atheists Only forum. Likewise, should anyone think that anyone who might have notions about a creator of the universe has no business posting here is mistaken.

We want to hear from the spiritually inclined: the religiously disenfranchised: the Redifined Christian: the Muslim Rationalizer: and those with some imaginitive ideas about how all this works. Let’s get everybody out where they can see each other. Does that seem reasonable?

Atheists do not have a single view about what is reasonable. Let’s face it: we’re a disorganized mess. The so-called Postive Atheist position is but one of many and does not own the floor here. They are welcome to dance on it with the rest of us.

Dogmatic bullying will not be tolerated. Except, of course, from our paid professional clown who operates under OSHA rules and EPA management and carries an insurance rider.

This may not be every poster opinion but is Forum Policy.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

02 June 2015 05:27

bimp.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

21 March 2016 20:17

bimp 2