‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 > 

Buddha Mind?

muslims

muslims
Total Posts:  284
Joined  26-05-2014

19 May 2014 05:38

burt - 19 May 2014 03:06 AM

Are you familiar with the Chinese five element theory?  In particular that it describes a self-sustaining cycle of interactions that can be represented by a five pointed star inscribed in a circle?  Aristotle also introduced a fifth element (the quintessence), which might be called “space.”

Yes I’m aware and I’m not explaining the Chinese five element theory. .
This is something that relates to the knowledge of the 4, and then knowledge of the 3, 2, 1. . .
and lastly, knowledge from emptiness (light upon light), the center. . mastering the human “Kun Fa Ya Kun”

Alif . Meem . Asmaullah . South . .and so on. ..
        Lam . Ha . Afaalullah . West. .and so on. ..
        Lam . Meem . Sifatulalh . East. .and so on. ..
        Ha . Dal . Dzatullah . North . .and so on. ..

Bigger number can exist above 4 it has no significance. . .
Basically one have to master the knowledge of the four. . .
and there is division from the fire element for each of them have 7 levels. . . 7 types of fire, water, air and earth. . .
There are many practices that I have to undergo for me to know these 7 levels of the 4 elements. .
These are some few stages to master the law of nature. . practices to open and master our sense of perception. . . vs.

Deaf, dumb and blind - so they will not return (2.18)  (ie. living in dreams or nightmares)

[ Edited: 19 May 2014 05:51 by muslims]

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15996
Joined  17-12-2006

19 May 2014 16:07

muslims - 19 May 2014 03:38 AM
burt - 19 May 2014 03:06 AM

Are you familiar with the Chinese five element theory?  In particular that it describes a self-sustaining cycle of interactions that can be represented by a five pointed star inscribed in a circle?  Aristotle also introduced a fifth element (the quintessence), which might be called “space.”

Yes I’m aware and I’m not explaining the Chinese five element theory. .
This is something that relates to the knowledge of the 4, and then knowledge of the 3, 2, 1. . .
and lastly, knowledge from emptiness (light upon light), the center. . mastering the human “Kun Fa Ya Kun”

Alif . Meem . Asmaullah . South . .and so on. ..
        Lam . Ha . Afaalullah . West. .and so on. ..
        Lam . Meem . Sifatulalh . East. .and so on. ..
        Ha . Dal . Dzatullah . North . .and so on. ..

Bigger number can exist above 4 it has no significance. . .
Basically one have to master the knowledge of the four. . .
and there is division from the fire element for each of them have 7 levels. . . 7 types of fire, water, air and earth. . .
There are many practices that I have to undergo for me to know these 7 levels of the 4 elements. .
These are some few stages to master the law of nature. . practices to open and master our sense of perception. . . vs.

Deaf, dumb and blind - so they will not return (2.18)  (ie. living in dreams or nightmares)

I tend to work with 5 and 9 myself….  Clarity upon emptiness, light upon silence, love upon understanding.

As a matter of interest, how old are you?

muslims

muslims
Joined  26-05-2014

20 May 2014 04:17

burt - 19 May 2014 02:07 PM

I tend to work with 5 and 9 myself….  Clarity upon emptiness, light upon silence, love upon understanding.

Excellent. . people should always improve their sense perception so that their heart can understand many things. How do you practice these things ? I’m 42, and how old are you?

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

20 May 2014 05:06

muslims - 20 May 2014 02:17 AM
burt - 19 May 2014 02:07 PM

Excellent. . people should always improve their sense perception so that their heart can understand many things. How do you practice these things ? I’m 42, and how old are you?

I’m 71.  At present I work with five steps: focus, concentration, meditation, contemplation, theosis.  These have various visual and other concomitants for identifying the stages, which are interpreted as steps into the ground of mind.  Also, fire - vital energy, earth - body center, air - emotions, water - mind, space - consciousness.  With nine, it’s enneagrams and 3+6 or 2+7.  A variety of other practices carried out for limited periods, as well.

muslims

muslims
Joined  26-05-2014

20 May 2014 05:59

burt - 20 May 2014 03:06 AM

At present I work with five steps: focus, concentration, meditation, contemplation, theosis.  These have various visual and other concomitants for identifying the stages, which are interpreted as steps into the ground of mind.  Also, fire - vital energy, earth - body center, air - emotions, water - mind, space - consciousness.

Is it something like the Silva Mind Method?

With nine, it’s enneagrams and 3+6 or 2+7.

Nine is related to the air element. . .

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

20 May 2014 15:39

muslims - 20 May 2014 03:59 AM

At present I work with five steps: focus, concentration, meditation, contemplation, theosis.  These have various visual and other concomitants for identifying the stages, which are interpreted as steps into the ground of mind.  Also, fire - vital energy, earth - body center, air - emotions, water - mind, space - consciousness.

Is it something like the Silva Mind Method?

With nine, it’s enneagrams and 3+6 or 2+7.

Nine is related to the air element. . .

Sent a PM

muslims

muslims
Joined  26-05-2014

21 May 2014 04:33

burt - 20 May 2014 01:39 PM

Sent a PM

Understood , and. .

What is your opinion about Buddha ?
Has he reached the “technology of the heart” or “the mind” ?

[ Edited: 21 May 2014 04:37 by muslims]

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

21 May 2014 05:17

muslims - 21 May 2014 02:33 AM
burt - 20 May 2014 01:39 PM

Sent a PM

Understood , and. .

What is your opinion about Buddha ?
Has he reached the “technology of the heart” or “the mind” ?

I only have secondary information about Buddhism, but he certainly was an enlightened teacher which, in my understanding, means that he was providing what was necessary at the time and place he existed.  So I wouldn’t see it as an either/or thing on heart and mind, they go together.

muslims

muslims
Joined  26-05-2014

21 May 2014 07:18

burt - 21 May 2014 03:17 AM

So I wouldn’t see it as an either/or thing on heart and mind, they go together.

I cannot make any conclusion about Buddhism since I have not studied all their religious texts, but from general observation and their way or system of life, many are discussing about the mind. . . including those that refers to the subconscious or superconcious minds.

However, I believe the mind and heart does not go together, and this is equally true in the Bible.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart
      and with all your soul
      and with all your mind
      and with all your strength.’
      Mar 12:30

muslims - 18 May 2014 12:30 PM

Human beings have four elements, our desire (lust), mind, heart and souls.

[ Edited: 21 May 2014 07:24 by muslims]

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

21 May 2014 15:05

muslims - 21 May 2014 05:18 AM
burt - 21 May 2014 03:17 AM

So I wouldn’t see it as an either/or thing on heart and mind, they go together.

I cannot make any conclusion about Buddhism since I have not studied all their religious texts, but from general observation and their way or system of life, many are discussing about the mind. . . including those that refers to the subconscious or superconcious minds.

However, I believe the mind and heart does not go together, and this is equally true in the Bible.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart
      and with all your soul
      and with all your mind
      and with all your strength.’
      Mar 12:30

muslims - 18 May 2014 12:30 PM

Human beings have four elements, our desire (lust), mind, heart and souls.

Perhaps we are misunderstanding each other.  When I said “go together” what I meant was that it’s important to work on both, that developing one to the exclusion of the other leads to a lack of balance.  Some paths may seem to emphasize one, and it may be necessary to work on one or the other more at specific times (think of cooking, at one point it might require using one ingredient, then later adding an apparently opposite one, but both are required for the final result), but every complete path (and I do think Buddhism is a complete path) will involve development of all aspects of a human being.

muslims

muslims
Joined  26-05-2014

21 May 2014 17:27

burt - 21 May 2014 01:05 PM

Perhaps we are misunderstanding each other.  When I said “go together” what I meant was that it’s important to work on both, that developing one to the exclusion of the other leads to a lack of balance.  Some paths may seem to emphasize one, and it may be necessary to work on one or the other more at specific times (think of cooking, at one point it might require using one ingredient, then later adding an apparently opposite one, but both are required for the final result), but every complete path (and I do think Buddhism is a complete path) will involve development of all aspects of a human being.

Thank you for the clarification, and I understand what you mean. My understanding is the heart and the mind is separated. The first team is the desire and the mind. The second team is the heart and our soul. The mind is much like an employee to the desire and that’s why Buddha stops taking food and meditate so that he can weaken the desire (boss) and control the mind (employee). The mind will then control our body and produce the right vibration for making connection with the heart (example of vibration produce by the body at the initial stage; unstable, and burned his cloth). Unless and until one reach that stage, I believe it is impossible to communicate with the heart. That’s what I mean it cannot go together. . .Normally, one will know that he has communicated to the heart when he has the capability to knows everything; including complex scientific subject etc, and without any need to study the subject. This is my views.

[ Edited: 21 May 2014 17:29 by muslims]

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

22 May 2014 05:53

muslims - 21 May 2014 03:27 PM
burt - 21 May 2014 01:05 PM

Thank you for the clarification, and I understand what you mean. My understanding is the heart and the mind is separated. The first team is the desire and the mind. The second team is the heart and our soul. The mind is much like an employee to the desire and that’s why Buddha stops taking food and meditate so that he can weaken the desire (boss) and control the mind (employee). The mind will then control our body and produce the right vibration for making connection with the heart (example of vibration produce by the body at the initial stage; unstable, and burned his cloth). Unless and until one reach that stage, I believe it is impossible to communicate with the heart. That’s what I mean it cannot go together. . .Normally, one will know that he has communicated to the heart when he has the capability to knows everything; including complex scientific subject etc, and without any need to study the subject. This is my views.

Well, I have to disagree on one point: communication with the heart has certain physical and mental signs, but knowing complex scientific subjects without studying them I don’t think is one.  Opening of the heart won’t give a person an understanding of quantum mechanics or general relativity or neurophysiology, although it may make a person more able to profit from study of these topics.

muslims

muslims
Joined  26-05-2014

22 May 2014 07:28

burt - 22 May 2014 03:53 AM

Well, I have to disagree on one point: communication with the heart has certain physical and mental signs, but knowing complex scientific subjects without studying them I don’t think is one.  Opening of the heart won’t give a person an understanding of quantum mechanics or general relativity or neurophysiology, although it may make a person more able to profit from study of these topics.

How about animals and insects etc . . . Do you believe ant can build their nest without any needs to study ? or. . Do you believe a five year old african boy could memorize the whole Quran and speak five languages; English, French, Italian, Swahili and Arabic without even learning the first letter ? (refer here). Sheikh Sharifuddin Khalifa

How to explain this situation ? Is it from the mind or the heart ?

Image Attachments

Shariff.gif

burt

burt
Joined  17-12-2006

22 May 2014 15:55

muslims - 22 May 2014 05:28 AM
burt - 22 May 2014 03:53 AM

How about animals and insects etc . . . Do you believe ant can build their nest without any needs to study ? or. . Do you believe a five year old african boy could memorize the whole Quran and speak five languages; English, French, Italian, Swahili and Arabic without even learning the first letter ? (refer here). Sheikh Sharifuddin Khalifa

I’m skeptical about this boy (although who knows, after all Mozart wrote his first symphony while still a boy), and apparently many Muslims are as well http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Shariff_Idd_-_5-Year-Old_Hafiz.  As for animals and insects, they don’t need heart or head to know how to behave naturally, it comes from the body, it’s genetically programmed (this has been empirically studied for some time by behavioral geneticists).  I’d say that the knowledge that comes from the heart is of a different kind, a connection with the immediate present where the head being clear (i.e., providing an unbiased view) the heart knows what actions are required.  So, they work together.  Here’s a quote from Jacob Bronowski that captures some of it: “There are two things that make up morality.  One is the sense that other people matter: the sense of common loyalty, of charity and tenderness, the sense of human love.  The other is a clear judgement of what is at stake: a cold knowledge, without a trace of deception, of precisely what will happen to oneself and to others if one plays either the hero or the coward.”

muslims

muslims
Joined  26-05-2014

22 May 2014 17:16

burt - 22 May 2014 01:55 PM

I’m skeptical about this boy (although who knows, after all Mozart wrote his first symphony while still a boy), and apparently many Muslims are as well http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Shariff_Idd_-_5-Year-Old_Hafiz.

You can watch the video and there are thousand of witnesses and the matter went into public. . .

+ what a normal 4-5 years old boy can normally do ?

muslims - 22 May 2014 05:28 AM

However , the point I want to prove is that there are another source of knowledge, other than the mind.

This is equally true in cases of hypnosis etc.

[ Edited: 22 May 2014 17:18 by muslims]

‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >