Merchandise

TheWholePicture

TheWholePicture
Total Posts:  3
Joined  15-02-2012

15 February 2012 04:18

Hi,

Im wondering if the creation of project reason merchandise as already been discussed in one way or the other since
a search for it in this forum didnt lead to any results.

I think it is important to show one’s support for an idea or an organization in forms of clothing,stickers,etc.
and Im asking myself if it would be possible (until “official” merchandise from the organization itself is launched) to
get banners/images/graphics of the project reason logo to print it on a t-shirt or something on my own.
Of course in respect to the copyright but just to get a start and spread the word & show support.

Regards,

Sean

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Total Posts:  4912
Joined  19-08-2010

15 February 2012 05:54

I’m not sure how the site views copyright in general, but they do seem happy, if you look here, for us to use their logos on personal web sites and blogs.
So I expect using it on a tee shirt would be met in a similar way. Our Administrators could probably give you a firmer answer though Sean.

TheWholePicture

TheWholePicture
Joined  15-02-2012

15 February 2012 22:38

MARTIN UK - 15 February 2012 04:54 AM

I’m not sure how the site views copyright in general, but they do seem happy, if you look here, for us to use their logos on personal web sites and blogs.
So I expect using it on a tee shirt would be met in a similar way. Our Administrators could probably give you a firmer answer though Sean.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply. Ive visited the banner site but the resolution is somewhat to small to put it on a tee in my opinion.
SInce Im new here which Administrator you think I should contact about this?

Regards,

Sean

neurojon

neurojon
Joined  12-02-2012

16 February 2012 00:25

You could use http://www.project-reason.org/images/pr_logo.gif, which is a at least 60% larger than the banners.

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Joined  19-08-2010

16 February 2012 04:58

TheWholePicture - 15 February 2012 09:38 PM
MARTIN UK - 15 February 2012 04:54 AM

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply. Ive visited the banner site but the resolution is somewhat to small to put it on a tee in my opinion.
SInce Im new here which Administrator you think I should contact about this?

Regards,

Sean

Try talking to Andrew, or to Nhoj, you can send them a PM from their profile pages, they are both good eggs and will tell you better than myself where you stand Sean.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6388
Joined  22-02-2005

16 February 2012 05:51

I wrote some ad copy for atheism once. Can’t find it now.

Tired of seeking the absolute truth? Still wondering what it takes to be that social pariah you dreamed of being someday? Try Atheism! It’s the only school of thought guaranteed to alienate all religion fans of all faiths.

Try our “Atheists need love, too” t-shirts and “Sin is a Fiction” coffee mugs to show everyone around you that you don’t share their crazy beliefs. Go for a jog in our new jersey that boldly proclaims “I don’t share your crazy beliefs” and show everyone how different you are. They’ll see you coming a mile away in our “God is Not Great” baseball caps. Raise some eyebrows in our “Atheism Raises Eyebrows” shirt.

Show your friends and co-workers that you are not afraid of eternal torment and will still offer to get them a cup of coffee. Give your relatives and neighbors no reason to believe that you are capable of moral restraint. No more pesky requests for baby-sitting duty: No one will borrow your power tools: Never again be bothered by greetings and salutations: Show everyone where you stand- far away from them. It’s ATHEISM!

I have no idea what to tell you. We admins are just posters like yourself only we are armed with scary ban and delete buttons. Perhaps you could inquire with the Harris’s, as they own the site. Try “contact” on the home page.

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Joined  19-08-2010

16 February 2012 06:08

Nhoj Morley - 16 February 2012 04:51 AM

No more pesky requests for baby-sitting duty: No one will borrow your power tools: Never again be bothered by greetings and salutations: Show everyone where you stand- far away from them. It’s ATHEISM!

cheese ...“Don’t Expect Christian Charity - WE ARE ATHEISTS!!”..

TheWholePicture

TheWholePicture
Joined  15-02-2012

16 February 2012 17:25

Okay I guess Ill just contact them about it.

atheos85

atheos85
Total Posts:  8
Joined  28-12-2011

19 February 2012 21:12

I think that project reason t-shirts and other merchandise would be a big deal for the organization. Members could submit ideas and a contest of some kind might prompt more involvement. The sale of merchandise would spread a message and raise funds for the site. If the merchandise was creative it could advertise secular beliefs and science in a way that was exciting and got peoples attention instead of only the sites name. Trends and culture are powerful influences in society. Advertising on a professional level takes this into account and the spread of secular and scientific understanding could benefit from that. Link these ideas with something positive in the everyday so they catch on. I’m so tired of seeing commercials about being a “custom bike builder and a mormon”, “spreading kindness- church of the latter day saints” or whatever similar lures are being squeezed in between television shows

TheWholePicture

TheWholePicture
Joined  15-02-2012

19 February 2012 22:21

Interesting point by Atheos.

I think something like a video contest like that running right now is a great idea when it comes to raising awareness to project reason on a digital side of things but I hope this thread and that I contacted the Harris’s about this merchandise issue will raise awareness for the importance of merchandise itself.
Arguably the main goal right now is about having the biggest leverage in terms of spreading effects from a limited amount of time and/or funds invested and a video (contest) is a great digital attempt because I guess the hope is that it goes viral.

Dressing up with a Project Reason t-shirt or putting a bumper sticker of it on a vehicle can have a similiar effect at least
in one’s daily social encounters.It makes a certain statement much stronger in my opinion because someone obviously choose to personally
show support for it not just in a digital/virtual way but by personally embodying it in reality.