< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›

Forgive me, but what exactly does Project Reason DO?

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Total Posts:  4488
Joined  02-04-2011

24 February 2012 15:28

Go ahead, Sciguy, it’s not like you’re busy in some religious church group helping others. Wasting time is probably one of your most passionate things to do.

GAD, you, too, have at it. I mean if I need your deep thoughts to help me out of my superstitions, you have no choice but to shine the bright light of atheism . (Gee, I wonder why those last words sound strange?)

Nohj, I asked you awhile back if you were in a cult, and you banned me for it. You still sound like you are. Don’t venture outside and spew your silliness to anyone on the street.

Answerer, don’t open old wounds by trying to take me on again. Stay hidden in your silly world where you think you have “answers” to big questions. You better stay indoors, too.

My post may have had an anti-atheist agenda, but it also had factual information about atheism and some of the people who love it. Show me where I am wrong about these people.

Mike78

Mike78
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  05-06-2012

24 February 2012 16:12

TheBrotherMario - 24 February 2012 01:02 PM

But Project Reason is tipping over and crumbling into rubble because it is attracting people who have an axe of personal opinion to grind rather than a sword of enlightened thought to wield.

And, this “personal opinion” always leans heavily toward “personal freedom”.

Until secularists and, especially, atheists show the world that they are the best there is, these groups of people will mainly attract others like them—i.e., selfish people without rules.

Such people have never been a force that “does” anything worthwhile for humanity.

So why are you here lunchbox, I mean other than to set yourself up on a nice turf of grass for me to drive your silly ass back into the enchanted forest of signs and wonders nonsense?  Fore!!!

By the way, I found some video of you using the force and wielding your awesome weapon of enlightenment here:

http://youtu.be/kR3PT5E0XDo

goodgraydrab

goodgraydrab
Total Posts:  7845
Joined  19-12-2007

24 February 2012 16:46

Mike78 - 24 February 2012 03:12 PM

By the way, I found some video of you using the force and wielding your awesome weapon of enlightenment here:

http://youtu.be/kR3PT5E0XDo

Here’s the script:

Project Reason/Forum Home/TheBrotherMario/Total Posts: 730

jdrnd

jdrnd
Total Posts:  5899
Joined  25-08-2009

26 February 2012 14:59

Sciguy - 24 February 2012 12:15 AM

FIrst, I’m not asking this in doubt of Project Reason being active.  It may be, and I just don’t see it.

That being said…well, I don’t see Project Reason being active in doing much of anything.  The video contest garners a small amount of attention online, but otherwise, I don’t see much of a presence anywhere of Project Reason doing anything to reach its secular goals.

It seems to me that with the caliber of people on the advisory board, Project Reason could be a very visible force in the world (and media) helping promote secularism.  I see people like Ricky Gervais, Richard Dawkins, Bill Maher, Steven Weinberg, and Salman Rushdie on the board, yet I don’t think I’ve EVER heard any of them even mention Project Reason.

Again, I could be wrong, but if I’m not, then isn’t it about time Project Reason became active in acheiving its goals?

The presence of this forum is an objective indication that rational people exist.

I come here from time to time to remind myself of that.

Jeff

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Total Posts:  4916
Joined  19-08-2010

26 February 2012 20:57

The presence of this forum is an objective indication that rational people exist.

...and some rather fruity people too.

jdrnd

jdrnd
Total Posts:  5899
Joined  25-08-2009

26 February 2012 23:15

MARTIN UK - 26 February 2012 07:57 PM

...and some rather fruity people too.

Fruity?

Oh you’re being diplomatic.

Yea those types make their presence known at almost all venues.

Jeff

Taylor P

Taylor P
Total Posts:  8
Joined  28-02-2012

28 February 2012 12:48

Any collective human endeavor that leans heavily to one side will inevitably topple over and crumble into rubble.

It is no small thing that the leading atheists in the world “preach” freedom from everything that can control human beings in even the smallest way.

When has any leading Atheist preached against all forms of control? Are all Atheists also Anarchists? They aren’t.

They don’t preach against “everything that can control humans in even the slightest way” rather they reason against forms of control that are based on unreasonable propositions. And the majority of religions are full of unreasonable propositions, which many choose as the basis to attempt to control their fellow human beings.

To reduce Harris’ and Hitchens’ lives to that of a drug-user and a drunk is to be willingly ignorant. And to then say the reasoning for their arguments is to justify these microscopic elements of their existence is quite simply stupid.

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Total Posts:  4488
Joined  02-04-2011

28 February 2012 13:42

For Hitchens to kill himself through a selfish and stubborn preoccupation with over-indulging in “life’s feast” is a “microscopic element” of his existence?

For Hitchens to be a militant atheist who ridiculed religion for its guidance of human behaviors, and also to be a glutton and a drunk, is not significant?

Please. The willful ignorance is all on your part.

Read Penn to see the true mind of an atheist.

You can pretty it up all you want, but an atheist is basically like a child who refuses to stop playing and come in for supper when he hears his mommy calling.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17887
Joined  15-02-2008

28 February 2012 13:47

Taylor P - 28 February 2012 11:48 AM

Any collective human endeavor that leans heavily to one side will inevitably topple over and crumble into rubble.

It is no small thing that the leading atheists in the world “preach” freedom from everything that can control human beings in even the smallest way.

When has any leading Atheist preached against all forms of control? Are all Atheists also Anarchists? They aren’t.

They don’t preach against “everything that can control humans in even the slightest way” rather they reason against forms of control that are based on unreasonable propositions. And the majority of religions are full of unreasonable propositions, which many choose as the basis to attempt to control their fellow human beings.

To reduce Harris’ and Hitchens’ lives to that of a drug-user and a drunk is to be willingly ignorant. And to then say the reasoning for their arguments is to justify these microscopic elements of their existence is quite simply stupid.

Welcome. TheBrotherMario is quite simply stupid.

goodgraydrab

goodgraydrab
Total Posts:  7845
Joined  19-12-2007

28 February 2012 13:56

Taylor P - 28 February 2012 11:48 AM

Welcome Taylor. Best first post I’ve ever seen.

Taylor P

Taylor P
Joined  28-02-2012

28 February 2012 15:30

TheBrotherMario - 28 February 2012 12:42 PM

For Hitchens to kill himself through a selfish and stubborn preoccupation with over-indulging in “life’s feast” is a “microscopic element” of his existence?

For Hitchens to be a militant atheist who ridiculed religion for its guidance of human behaviors, and also to be a glutton and a drunk, is not significant?

Please. The willful ignorance is all on your part.

Read Penn to see the true mind of an atheist.

You can pretty it up all you want, but an atheist is basically like a child who refuses to stop playing and come in for supper when he hears his mommy calling.

Hitchens’ excesses constituted more than a microscopic element of his personal life, i will grant you that. But it is just that: Personal. Fundamentally it was his choice and one that he (and anyone) has the right to make. Why do you feel you have the right to judge how another person alters his or her own consciousness? If it leads to the direct suffering of others, which in some cases it does, then i could agree, but far from it i think Hitchens life as a whole totally eclipses that one facet of his personal life. And to say a man of his intellect was motivated in his Atheism just by a need to justify that choice, is an exceptionally weak argument.

There are many more Atheists that are abstinent or lead lives of moderation, where do these fit into your argument? We have a wealth of scientific information to know what constitutes a healthy lifestyle, people do not need to deny religion in order to go against that, just as people don’t need to be religious in order to follow it.

There is much more wrong with what you are saying I’m sure; it is just very hard to make sense of your chaotic logic so as argue against it, I’m probably not the most capable person at breaking it down simply.

[ Edited: 28 February 2012 15:43 by Taylor P]

Taylor P

Taylor P
Joined  28-02-2012

28 February 2012 15:32

GAD, Answerer,

Thank you both, glad to be here.

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  7135
Joined  15-02-2007

28 February 2012 16:01

Taylor P - 28 February 2012 02:32 PM

... glad to be here.

Glad to have you here.  Welcome aboard.  Pull up a chair and relax.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17887
Joined  15-02-2008

28 February 2012 16:07

Taylor P - 28 February 2012 02:32 PM

GAD, Answerer,

Thank you both, glad to be here.

You have jump right into the deep end with BM, I hope you can tread water for a long time wink

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  22-02-2005

28 February 2012 16:15

Just think of BM like he’s Yul Brynner in Westworld. Whoops, I used a pronoun.

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›