< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›

Forgive me, but what exactly does Project Reason DO?

Taylor P

Taylor P
Total Posts:  8
Joined  28-02-2012

28 February 2012 16:34

I’m a bit young to remember Westworld but reading the description of Gunslinger did make me chuckle, i see BrotherMario has been making waves around here for a while then. And yes GAD i’ve been in this situation before, all past experience tells me i’ll make little progress but you never know!

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Total Posts:  4488
Joined  02-04-2011

29 February 2012 12:22

Atheism is “progress” in giving us an excuse to sleep in on Sunday morning, in talking about helping others rather than doing something about it, in giving opinion a leg up on truth, in making us unconnected, in taking away great hopes for mundane ones, and on and on.

You’re joining hands and skipping into the darkness of personal opinion. Nothing more. Nothing profound. Nothing new. Nothing people need.

Step away from your keyboards and, for all that is good, keep your atheism to yourselves, especially if you have kids.

Mike78

Mike78
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  05-06-2012

29 February 2012 12:50

TheBrotherMario - 29 February 2012 11:22 AM

Atheism is “progress” in giving us an excuse to sleep in on Sunday morning, in talking about helping others rather than doing something about it, in giving opinion a leg up on truth, in making us unconnected, in taking away great hopes for mundane ones, and on and on.

You’re joining hands and skipping into the darkness of personal opinion. Nothing more. Nothing profound. Nothing new. Nothing people need.

Step away from your keyboards and, for all that is good, keep your atheism to yourselves, especially if you have kids.

Why don’t you take your own advice?  Step away from your keyboard.  Go join hands with your cohort and skip off to the sepulcher of free inquiry and sing nervously about the kingdom of god, where your “great hope” is to exist forever as a slave.  Seriously.  Nobody here needs you to ride in on your broken-down donkey drooling out another retread of the same signs and wonders nonsense and asserting yourself as the savior of “truth”.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17892
Joined  15-02-2008

29 February 2012 14:07

Taylor P - 28 February 2012 03:34 PM

I’m a bit young to remember Westworld but reading the description of Gunslinger did make me chuckle, i see BrotherMario has been making waves around here for a while then. And yes GAD i’ve been in this situation before, all past experience tells me i’ll make little progress but you never know!

I think it more likely that a camel would fit through the eye of a needle, but you never know.

goodgraydrab

goodgraydrab
Total Posts:  7845
Joined  19-12-2007

29 February 2012 15:53

Mike78 - 29 February 2012 11:50 AM
TheBrotherMario - 29 February 2012 11:22 AM

Why don’t you take your own advice?  Step away from your keyboard.

ROTFLMFAO.  LOL  So, his proposition is to turn this into a theist site. Right, let’s all pack up and go home and leave this place for the exclusive use of TheTwistedSister. That’s as delusional as his proposition of god(s) and him being here in the first place. Would any of us gotten this far on a Christian site using his brand of conversational tactics and troll behavior? I think we would have been banned early on. It’s a either statement of Atheists’ higher ethics or just plain gluttony for punishment and abuse (ie, ignorance). Somebody tell me, please.

Taylor P

Taylor P
Joined  28-02-2012

29 February 2012 16:08

The - 29 February 2012 11:22 AM

Forgive me, but it seems any counter-argument i put to your statements you simply ignore? If you’re so convinced that your position is the correct one then I’d expect you to be able to simply state why, rather than wonder into meaningless generalisations, as above, which although being relatively poetic add no weight to your arguments whatsoever.

And i don’t have kids, but if i did then i wouldn’t dream of forcing them into Atheism. I don’t even label myself as an Atheist. I would encourage them to seek evidence for what they believe, question what they are told, and challenge their own assumptions. Would i be right to assume now that you wouldn’t do the same with your offspring?

BrotherMario, i may regret this but could you tell me what you actually believe? As simply as possible if you can i.e. is there a God that created the universe? Is he omnipotent, benevolent etc?

Taylor P

Taylor P
Joined  28-02-2012

29 February 2012 16:10

GAD - 29 February 2012 01:07 PM
Taylor P - 28 February 2012 03:34 PM

I think it more likely that a camel would fit through the eye of a needle, but you never know.

Given the last post it is more hopeless than i first thought ha.

goodgraydrab

goodgraydrab
Joined  19-12-2007

29 February 2012 16:14

Taylor P - 29 February 2012 03:08 PM
The - 29 February 2012 11:22 AM

Forgive me, but it seems any counter-argument i put to your statements you simply ignore? If you’re so convinced that your position is the correct one then I’d expect you to be able to simply state why, rather than wonder into meaningless generalisations, as above, which although being relatively poetic add no weight to your arguments whatsoever.

And i don’t have kids, but if i did then i wouldn’t dream of forcing them into Atheism. I don’t even label myself as an Atheist. I would encourage them to seek evidence for what they believe, question what they are told, and challenge their own assumptions. Would i be right to assume now that you wouldn’t do the same with your offspring?

BrotherMario, i may regret this but could you tell me what you actually believe? As simply as possible if you can i.e. is there a God that created the universe? Is he omnipotent, benevolent etc?

I don’t know if I want to watch this unfold or not. Yes, you will regret it. Taylor, you can click on his name and view all 750 of his posts if you’d like. They’re all the same.

Taylor P

Taylor P
Joined  28-02-2012

29 February 2012 16:25

It’s already feeling pretty unfulfilling and pointless i know. I’m intrigued to see from his next response if there’s any debate worth having though. Although from his very first reply it’s degraded at a rapid rate so i’m not holding much hope. I’ll be exploring some other threads if his next response is in the same vein, which it almost inevitably will be. I’ll pass on the other 750 thanks, ha.

Mike78

Mike78
Joined  05-06-2012

29 February 2012 17:53

Taylor P - 29 February 2012 03:25 PM

It’s already feeling pretty unfulfilling and pointless i know. I’m intrigued to see from his next response if there’s any debate worth having though. Although from his very first reply it’s degraded at a rapid rate so i’m not holding much hope. I’ll be exploring some other threads if his next response is in the same vein, which it almost inevitably will be. I’ll pass on the other 750 thanks, ha.

Every response sputters the same nonsense.  There will be finger pointing, accusations about “opinions”, claims concerning the need to think with the mind of god, reference to metaphysical imagination, and ultimately BroMo’s self-aggrandizement (the punchline).  At the end you will be left unsatisfied and intellectually poorer than you were before you read it—something like paying for “a handjob” only to have the service provider render the services on himself and pocket your cash.

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Total Posts:  4488
Joined  02-04-2011

29 February 2012 19:09

I claim to have experienced the living God through actual events and years of searching, but you say I have only “opinion”, and keep saying the same things—i.e., that God exists and I know it.

You people claim that you have no experience of the living God, and this makes you have “knowledge” not opinion, and free to keep saying the same things—i.e., that God does not exist and you know it.

Sounds a bit one-sided to me. I’ll put my money on the guy with experience, not the lack of experience.

Taylor, I “believe” a lot of things about God. But for me to “believe” that he exists would be a denial of my personal experiences of God. I “know” God exists with a certitude that cannot be, in any shape or form, compared to the certitude that so-called atheists claim to have that God doesn’t exist. That you identify with these silly men rather than me is understandable, because certain knowledge of God is extremely rare. But this “identifying” with others does not make you or they any less opinionated. And, no amount of discussion with them or me will bring you knowledge of whether or not God exists (and that is what we are ultimately disagreeing on).

goodgraydrab

goodgraydrab
Joined  19-12-2007

29 February 2012 19:39

TheBrotherMario - 29 February 2012 06:09 PM

I “know” God exists with a certitude that cannot be, in any shape or form, compared to the certitude that so-called atheists claim to have that God doesn’t exist.

My experience that god does not exist surpasses yours. Not only have I had the same revelating experience, all objective data supports it. I can “not produce him”. You can’t “produce him”, you can only “not produce him” as well.

Mike78

Mike78
Joined  05-06-2012

29 February 2012 20:18

I claim to have experienced the living God through actual events and years of searching, but you say I have only “opinion”, and keep saying the same things—i.e., that God exists and I know it.

You people claim that you have no experience of the living God, and this makes you have “knowledge” not opinion, and free to keep saying the same things—i.e., that God does not exist and you know it.

Sounds a bit one-sided to me. I’ll put my money on the guy with experience, not the lack of experience.

Taylor, I “believe” a lot of things about God. But for me to “believe” that he exists would be a denial of my personal experiences of God. I “know” God exists with a certitude that cannot be, in any shape or form, compared to the certitude that so-called atheists claim to have that God doesn’t exist. That you identify with these silly men rather than me is understandable, because certain knowledge of God is extremely rare. But this “identifying” with others does not make you or they any less opinionated. And, no amount of discussion with them or me will bring you knowledge of whether or not God exists (and that is what we are ultimately disagreeing on).

See?  With an extra helping of self-aggrandizement this time.  I’d put my money on BM too, if the bet were over who’s going to claim a special class of “knowledge” or “experience” all to his lonesome, which happens to be immune from testing or proof, every time around the track.

MrRon

MrRon
Total Posts:  1944
Joined  14-08-2008

29 February 2012 21:34

Wait for the F-bombs (“Fools”), wait for it…

Ron

fosal hossain

fosal hossain
Total Posts:  419
Joined  12-05-2012

01 March 2012 15:58

Taylor, I “believe” a lot of things about God. But for me to “believe” that he exists would be a denial of my personal experiences of God. I “know” God exists with a certitude that cannot be, in any shape or form, compared to the certitude that so-called atheists claim to have that God doesn’t exist. .

1.  I’m not a “so-called” atheist. I AM an atheist.
2.  Never said I know that God doesn’t exist. I just don’t believe in a God. Big difference.
3.  You’re an incredibly rude ass for hijacking my thread. Thanks to your inane blathering, this has turned into yet another thread of pointless arguing about your beliefs.

< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›