‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 > 

Forgive me, but what exactly does Project Reason DO?

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Total Posts:  4488
Joined  02-04-2011

01 May 2012 15:31

You hope!

robbrownsyd

robbrownsyd
Total Posts:  6576
Joined  23-05-2008

01 May 2012 15:43

No, we do not hope for Mario. We know he is lost. He is an object of pity.

robbrownsyd

robbrownsyd
Joined  23-05-2008

01 May 2012 16:03

Mario, Mario, Mario. You are so afraid and vulnerable. You are a terrified little boy. The idol Mary cannot help you. She does not exist except in plaster and marble.  She has no power. She was invented only recently. You’ve wasted your whole life. You are alone. All alone. And you come in here and blame non-believers for that. You are alone. As alone as the day you were born. Alone you will die.  And you know it. And you are afraid. You are terrified! And nothing that you can do in here can bring you comfort. Your pride is a barrier between you and life’s feast.  You are a stranger to life’s feast.  And your strangeness is you own doing. You want power.  When will you understand that you have no power?  The more you try to do spooky power over others the less power you have. And yet you keep trying it. And the more you try it the less people like you. They can smell the stink of evil on you.  The more you parade your spookines the more your imagimed power drains away like that of vampires at the break of dawn.

There is no god to love you, Mario.  No Mary. Nothing spooky. You have no power over anyone. You are nothing. You have wasted your life. With what there is left of you life, I sincerely hope you will try to do good. Remember, it is not what we say we believe in but what we do that counts. After death our histories are complete. No revision is possible. It’s that with which you must wrestle. There is no magic; there is only what you, Mario, have done. What will you have done, Mario?  It is not looking well for you, Mario.

Mario, you are not looking well at all.

[ Edited: 01 May 2012 17:33 by robbrownsyd]

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Joined  02-04-2011

01 May 2012 16:55

Okay…I guess that makes my experiences of God only an illusion.

Who’s next up—a drug dealer, adolescent, scholar, professor?

Who is qualified to deny the experiences of another?

I believe you, Rob, when you say that you have no experiences of God (well, you did as a child, but have now denied them), believe you are alone in the world, and have reasons to hate religion.

It is you who refuses to believe me.

And, by the way, your post above displays your ideas of what it is like to believe in God, not the reality of belief in God.

My knowledge of God has brought me supernatural powers, not human weaknesses.

How do you not understand this?

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  8585
Joined  20-02-2006

01 May 2012 17:03

TheBrotherMario - 01 May 2012 10:03 AM

I guess that means I was given a great faith from the beginning, and maybe I am “special” in this way, for Jesus did say: “You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you”.

Mario, are you sure you don’t want to delete the word ‘maybe’ from the above statement?  Are you leaving open the possibility that you are not special?  Are you leaving open the possibility that Jesus did not chose you?

robbrownsyd

robbrownsyd
Joined  23-05-2008

01 May 2012 18:00

MARIO: My knowledge of God has brought me supernatural powers

Ok, Mario. How about a demo? Take a look a the periodic table and tell us what is wrong with it. Here’s your big chance to convertus all. This is a big question in science. We want you to do well. Then we might believe you and we might get ‘saved’ into the bargain. So:

We have the lightweight Hydrogen (H1 1.008) to begin with,. the simplest, lightest element, and the heavyweight 118 Uuo (294) at the end of the table. There is something mysterious about this - something that is not right. There is something left to be discovered. Can you tell us whether more elements are possibe after or before 118 Uuo (294) ? Why?  Or why not? Surely your god knows all about this. This is the sort of stuff you will need to predict to make yourself believable. I say you have no hope.  What do you say?

Remember, Mario, you have supernatural powers. You do not need to do science. So, tell us… Any messages from… well, whom?

We await your supernatural answers.

[ Edited: 01 May 2012 18:16 by robbrownsyd]

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

01 May 2012 18:01

TheBrotherMario - 01 May 2012 02:55 PM

Okay…I guess that makes my experiences of God only an illusion.

My knowledge of God has brought me supernatural powers . . . How do you not understand this?

“Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.”  -  Proverbs 16:18

(‘Pride precedes a disaster, and an arrogant attitude precedes a fall.’)

Mario, there are some things in the Bible that even atheists will agree with.

Image Attachments

128_2872.jpg

robbrownsyd

robbrownsyd
Joined  23-05-2008

01 May 2012 18:51

Mario, you are not looking well. Not well at all.

robbrownsyd

robbrownsyd
Joined  23-05-2008

01 May 2012 19:03

Supernatural powers?  Mario, I suggest you go back to the hospital ASAP and get back on the program. You are not sounding well at all. Are you still taking your medication? We’ve been through all this before with you. Remember last time how sick you were?  You medicine can help, Mario, but in the end you it’s up to you to take it. You have to want to get better. It’s no good coming in here when you’re off your program and off your medication. You’ll just get madder. And the madder you get the harder it will be for you to claw your way back to sanity.

Listen to your doctors. They do science. Stay away from priests and churches. Children get abused there. In your condition you need to be as far away from all that as possible. We’d hate to see you get mixed up in that evil, Mario.

Please, go back to your primary doctor to set your treatment plan in motion again. We want to see you get back on track. Protective custody is no fun for anyone.

When they interview you, stay calm. Don’t do spooky supernatural shit and you shoud be ok. Ok?

And if you can’t do that then obviously you need to be restrained. If you start telling them you ‘ve been getting messagesd from Jesus, the way you tell it here, tehn you in big trouble.  Officers in secure units get this stuff from loonies all the time. Believe me, Mario, you don’t want to go there.

Remember, boy - TRUST and OBEY.  Ain’t no other way.

[ Edited: 02 May 2012 02:09 by robbrownsyd]

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21490
Joined  11-03-2007

01 May 2012 20:06

Mario, a little humility is in order, please.  Blessed are the poor in spirit, remember.

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Joined  02-04-2011

01 May 2012 21:09

A bunch of atheists and an ex-protestant do not a wise forum make.

You read the words, “supernatural powers”, and piss yourselves over them. Why? Because you only see yourselves as in existence and in power.

This is why you excuse your weaknesses, and even label them as strengths.

However…

Supernatural powers are EXACTLY what obedience to God and the power of the Holy Spirit give to us.

We are naturally lazy, forgetful, fearful, selfish, ignorant, lustful, proud, and on and on.

The only way we can overcome what we naturally fall into is to become supernaturally empowered.

I have told you all before that I enjoy hard work, am fearless at my job, put God before myself, know the truth, put sex in its proper place, and on and on.

And, I do all this through the gifts of the Holy Spirit, not through some intellectual concepts of good and bad that I have decided upon myself.

I know all too well how to live a selfish, natural life. To be lazy. To take drugs. To seek out sex. To have fear. To seek praise from others. And on and on.

You people call this “life’s feast”, or “being human”.

But it is nothing but weakness of will and powerlessness of spirit.

You have reaped what you have sowed, as I have.

Look at your own lives for the truth behind what I say, as I look to mine.

Mike78

Mike78
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  05-06-2012

02 May 2012 14:30

TheBrotherMario - 01 May 2012 07:09 PM

A bunch of atheists and an ex-protestant do not a wise forum make.

You read the words, “supernatural powers”, and piss yourselves over them. Why? Because you only see yourselves as in existence and in power.

This is why you excuse your weaknesses, and even label them as strengths.

However…

Supernatural powers are EXACTLY what obedience to God and the power of the Holy Spirit give to us.

We are naturally lazy, forgetful, fearful, selfish, ignorant, lustful, proud, and on and on.

The only way we can overcome what we naturally fall into is to become supernaturally empowered.

I have told you all before that I enjoy hard work, am fearless at my job, put God before myself, know the truth, put sex in its proper place, and on and on.

And, I do all this through the gifts of the Holy Spirit, not through some intellectual concepts of good and bad that I have decided upon myself.

I know all too well how to live a selfish, natural life. To be lazy. To take drugs. To seek out sex. To have fear. To seek praise from others. And on and on.

You people call this “life’s feast”, or “being human”.

But it is nothing but weakness of will and powerlessness of spirit.

You have reaped what you have sowed, as I have.

Look at your own lives for the truth behind what I say, as I look to mine.

You require “supernatural powers” to “enjoy hard work” and “put sex in its proper place”?  Ha,ha,ah.  That’s pathetic.  I guess I have those “supernatural powers” too, but I also have others.  I can pay my bills, drive on the correct side of the road, dress myself, cook, go potty, and tie my own shoes.  May wonders never cease…

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

02 May 2012 17:40

TheBrotherMario - 01 May 2012 07:09 PM

I thought I’d seen you someplace before!  It’s on that Discovery Channel show called WORLD’S MOST DANGEROUS CATCH.  (crab fishing on the Bering Sea).  You’re that crewman on the Wizard who smokes cigars while out on deck in 20 foot swells and gale-force winds, catching a loaded half-ton crab pot as it swings on board with the boat tilting 45 degrees and a freezing deluge bursting over the bow.

Last night, while the rest of the crew huddled inside, trying to thump frostbite out of their fingers, I saw you on deck wielding a sledge-hammer against the 6” layer of ice that was building up on the rails and deck.  This buildup was threatening to sink the boat.  The captain had sent out a MAYDAY, but the Coast Guard couldn’t lift off the Pribilofs in such a storm, let alone stand a chance of finding you in the snow.  It was all up to you and God.  A huge freezing wave suddenly burst over the Wizard, washing you against the opposite rail.  “Mario!  Get your ass in here!” the captain yelled over the intercom.  “I don’t want you feeding the fogging crabs!”  You picked yourself up, retrieved the sledge, and went back to breaking the ice.  “That SOB put my cigar out!” you yelled as the bow was lifted clear out of the water, coming down with a crash like a breaching whale. 

After that storm the others started calling you ‘Ahab’, but you would squint out of your yellow slickers with a fierce glint in your eye, chew your cigar and say, “Call me Ishmael.”

NeverStopGrowing

NeverStopGrowing
Total Posts:  1
Joined  11-05-2012

11 May 2012 02:02

I am new here (clearly) but find the current thread, along with the long list of previous posts including BrotherMario to be at least nominally useful.  I apologize for being a ‘vulture’ here (I have been reading and not contributing) but there are some decent lessons especially for younger students (16-25) to be had simply by observing these exchanges. I have actually printed and presented some of the back and forth to several of my critical thinking classes at different times to illustrate the examples of both good and bad communication skills, habits and styles, given the existing differences of opinion as context of course. Yes, there are many wonderful formal teaching methods to be drawn from in this discipline, but observing a real-world informal “debate” (I can be generous..) can give some insight to those wanting to understand critical thinking as it applies practically as an interface for interacting with our fellow humans. The ability to defend a position verbally is a valuable skill, but the skill can be wielded like any other tool or skill, inappropriately. If anyone has dealt first-hand with schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder, or any psychosis, you can see that you could easily spend 10-12 hours of debate with an individual who feels the need and motive to defend their position, but it would be pointless simply because the exchange will not alter the condition of the person’s state of mind. When someone shows you (through experience) that they are entirely unwilling to change their mindset, it can be quite fascinating to watch how fact alone can alter every facet of their communication forward.  BrotherMario’s arguments are nearly identical to those of other faiths and faithful, and in some cases of those atheists that either consciously or subconsciously decide that their mindset will NEVER change regardless of information in or out (barring dissociative amnesia, which is an interesting case). Just my opinions, of course.

Anyway, thank you BrotherMario (and others) for the little value I get out of what may seem to some to be largely a waste of time and effort wink

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Total Posts:  19830
Joined  20-07-2007

11 May 2012 22:24

Ecurb Noselrub - 01 May 2012 06:06 PM

Mario, a little humility is in order, please.  Blessed are the poor in spirit, remember.

Cannot rule out schizophrenia, paranoid type.  Some Dx fairly immune from rational discourse or discussion.

‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 >