Want to help save the future? Share this…

willygchino

willygchino
Total Posts:  8
Joined  22-03-2012

26 March 2012 05:50

http://prezi.com/gbimsndk_squ/experience-the-change/

Please share the link I provided. Its amazing stuff. Haven’t found an argument to over it yet. Only opinions.

Majority of One

Majority of One
Total Posts:  59
Joined  26-06-2009

06 August 2012 04:02

Interesting presentation.

How do we get to a society based on science instead of money? How, in a capitalist economy are we going to ever get collaboration instead of competition?

Matt Polofka

Matt Polofka
Total Posts:  48
Joined  31-07-2012

06 August 2012 17:18

As long as their are property rights there will be money. Money isn’t a problem, it is a tool. The problem is the concentration of power. So long as their are governments and nations this will be a problem. Even a one world government would not fix this problem; I certainly wouldn’t respect this group and there are a number of other people who would agree with me.

Scarcity will always exist. Houses on Islands, vintage guitars, antiques, etc. And therefore we will always have a need for trade. We are extremely far off from solving even food and shelter issues in the way that the venus project proposes. There’s a massive amount of construction that would be needed to even get this off the ground for one small city. Construction isn’t free and I doubt that these projects are economically viable(not just in terms of money, but in terms of energy). It all sounds nice but it’s not practical.

Read the book Player Piano by Kurt Vonnegut and tell me if you still think automating everything is a good idea.

[ Edited: 06 August 2012 17:26 by Matt Polofka]