‹ First  < 222 223 224

Question for Atheists (+BM)

Shaikh Raisuddin

Shaikh Raisuddin
Total Posts:  85
Joined  20-03-2015

19 September 2017 11:01

Atheism is a state religion in disguise. Where government is more powerful than God. Education is religion.

The most dangerous book on earth is DICTIONARY !!! Yes Dictionary.

Do not believe? Read below:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dictionary-misery-mankind-shaikh-raisuddin

A baby is not a theist
And
An atheist is not a baby.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6333
Joined  22-02-2005

19 September 2017 11:10

Posting this in another sub-forum will likely not inspire a second perception. We have the same EYEBALLS over here.

I recommend that you stand and deliver in the thread where you have traction before the forum’s examining committee rolls over and goes back to sleep.

Kalessin

Kalessin
Total Posts:  128
Joined  02-07-2017

19 September 2017 16:07

Shaikh - we are (or were) engaging on this on another thread and making some kind of minimal tortured progress .I’m not biting on multiple threads, so please get back there and answer my points smile

no_memory

no_memory
Total Posts:  5
Joined  08-10-2017

09 October 2017 01:10

Nick_A - 05 April 2012 02:16 PM

Very few, if any, appreciated the natural beneficial relationship relationship between the atheist and believer. Probably just this suggestion gives the impression of my being deranged. However Simone Weil, in her usal laconic fashion, allows one to experience the potential for this relationship.

Simone Weil was a celebrated French Marxist and social activist who died a Christian mystic. Leon Trotsky admired her intelligence and she became an intellectual influence on Pope Paul V1.

Albert Camus wrotein 1951:

Simone Weil, I still know this now, is the only great mind of our times and I hope that those who realize this have enough modesty to not try to appropriate her overwhelming witnessing.

For my part, I would be satisfied if one could say that in my place, with the humble means at my disposal, I served to make known and disseminate her work whose full impact we have yet to measure.

She wrote:

Religion in so far as it is a source of consolation is a hindrance to true faith; and in this sense atheism is a purification. I have to be an atheist with that part of myself which is not made for God. Among those in whom the supernatural part of themselves has not been awakened, the atheists are right and the believers wrong.
- Simone Weil, Faiths of Meditation; Contemplation of the divine
the Simone Weil Reader, edited by George A. Panichas (David McKay Co. NY 1977) p 417

Do you have the humility to admit the possibility that you have a supernatural part that has not yet opened? This part if it exists is unnecessary for our daily lives described as within Plato’s cave but yet is what makes human conscious evolution into the “New Man” as described in the Gospels, a human potential?

This is just playing around with words and I think you know that. You would be better off spending your time reading about the latest scientific findings in the fields of psychology, neuroscience, and evolutionary biology.

Turpis

Turpis
Total Posts:  1
Joined  26-11-2017

26 November 2017 12:46

Do you have the humility to admit the possibility that you have a supernatural part that has not yet opened?

Do you have the humility to admit the possibility that Santa Clause might be real? Someone might have come up with the idea of his existence, just by chance, without ever seeing him. And he might be real, living somewhere, hiding from us. You certainly can’t prove that this is not the case, and that he really doesen’t exist. But to believe something like that would be completely absurd.

[ Edited: 26 November 2017 12:55 by Turpis]

SkepticX

SkepticX
Total Posts:  14817
Joined  24-12-2004

26 November 2017 13:18

Turpis - 26 November 2017 12:46 PM

Do you have the humility to admit the possibility that you have a supernatural part that has not yet opened?

Do you have the humility to admit the possibility that Santa Clause might be real? Someone might have come up with the idea of his existence, just by chance, without ever seeing him. And he might be real, living somewhere, hiding from us. You certainly can’t prove that this is not the case, and that he really doesen’t exist. But to believe something like that would be completely absurd.

I’d just say someone arguing about the alleged supernatural needs to first come up with an argument by which the term can at least be made coherent before expecting anyone to even consider taking any claims about it seriously at all.

But also note the post you replied to was written in 2012 ...

‹ First  < 222 223 224