‹ First  < 21 22 23

P R I N C I P I A   T R I O O N I C A

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  2002
Joined  31-10-2015

28 May 2021 19:59

EN - 28 May 2021 10:36 AM

I still remain in the trioon camp.  I’m not a “true believer”, as I have a strange aversion to dying on any altar, but I sit in the balcony seats and sing along with most of the hymns. It does have some explanatory power regarding the way my mind works. I don’t know about anyone else’s mind, nor do I want to. I have enough problems keeping track of my own. But for now, trioon is my working hypothesis.

Nhoj is on to something important. But past forum participants including a neurologist and a psychologist weren’t able to see trioon’s potential value, so maybe it’s just one of those ideas that won’t be appreciated by others until a generation or three has passed. That’s the way it goes for thinkers who are ahead of their time.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3937
Joined  26-03-2013

29 May 2021 10:21

It’s as though this thread needs a public service announcement…or a match.  It deterred a lot of people.  I know…I was one of them.

A few questions were raised prior to my arrival that piqued my curiosity enough to visit the sight for a glance.  It gave me the opportunity to read more about human perception and learn more about human perception from reading the responses to that particular schema of human perception.  It made me question if I’d been reading the same thing.  I’m still not sure. 

Throughout the early pages I kept looking for the sort of constructive criticism folks are always going on about.  (Don’t bother…it isn’t there.)  There is what there always is on any trioon thread.  A series of rewrites.  Patrons turning the idea into something they already understand.  About knowledge or intelligence or consciousness.  Yes, yes, all good things…now back to perception…

Observing trioon threads is like watching someone trying to drive a bus while fourteen uncomfortable passengers are grabbing for the wheel.  Is there a way to systematically ask questions from where we’re sitting?  I think so.  Tangents go for miles and end up off the map.  It’s amazing how narcissistic people can be and still know nothing about themselves.

The Malarkey Scale serves as its perfect example.  What does it measure?  Each of our subjective interpretations of how smart we think we are.  And how dumb those are around us.  Look at you go number 6, you clever little nugget.  Eat shit you ignorant fucking 2.  I can’t see what matters to egos it flatters when revering the zero makes hippo the hero.  And nobody is any the wiser.

It sure beats doling out forehead stars for acting stupid.  A shuddering aspect that continues to exceed the limits of my medication.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6887
Joined  22-02-2005

29 May 2021 12:08

Cheshire Cat - 28 May 2021 06:54 PM

Hey there, Nhoj.

I have a suggestion.

You are a pretty tech savvy guy, plus, you have a marvelous announcer’s voice. Have you ever thought about doing an audio track to complement your written blogs?

For instance, your new post, “Zero Sensation:  An Introduction to Bioonity,” is a pretty long read. If you attached an audio track where you read your article out loud, I think it might be easier for your visitors to digest. I also think that we might understand your ideas better since the intonations in your voice would give us a clearer notion of what you were getting at. The online version of The New Yorker magazine often has an audio track which accompanies articles which are long in length.

Just an idea.

It is a sizeable read I suppose. That is why I broke it into three bits. Between bits, readers can step out for a refreshing round of skeet shooting or perhaps some curling.

Many patrons express an interest in the self issue and will. I offer this more conspicuously because it is at least a different take on the matter. In person, I am very shy about this stuff.

The issue with audio tracks is being sure you’re done with the material, assembling the giant wave files on a tight drive and not hitting the upload limit on my site. Other than that, tis a neat idea. Eventually.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  7308
Joined  08-12-2006

29 May 2021 19:21

Trioonity is an unusual model of mind in that it supposes three different “kinds” of mind (for lack of a better description) instead of the usual two: conscious vs. subconscious. Maybe there’s an application or field of study for which the third “kind” of mind facilitates understanding. Maybe not. But I’m not convinced it adds anything to those applications for which we’ve heretofore made due with only two…

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3937
Joined  26-03-2013

30 May 2021 08:04

Antisocialdarwinist - 29 May 2021 07:21 PM

Trioonity is an unusual model of mind in that it supposes three different “kinds” of mind (for lack of a better description) instead of the usual two: conscious vs. subconscious. Maybe there’s an application or field of study for which the third “kind” of mind facilitates understanding. Maybe not. But I’m not convinced it adds anything to those applications for which we’ve heretofore made due with only two…

Two works fine until we want to describe what has evolved into triple threat sapiens.  Then two becomes insufficient.  Two literally describes bioon creatures.  And I don’t want to brag but I don’t see any dogs hitchhiking out there.  If you imagine taking things in through the senses while assembling that information into neat little piles it’s enough to account for our god fearing concestors.  Bless their hearts.  We separated ourselves from our bioon pals and started sending rockets into space.  I think that earns a third level of perception that requires further explanation.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6887
Joined  22-02-2005

30 May 2021 12:46

Antisocialdarwinist - 29 May 2021 07:21 PM

Trioonity is an unusual model of mind in that it supposes three different “kinds” of mind (for lack of a better description) instead of the usual two: conscious vs. subconscious.

That is a bit of a muddle. Trioon does not add a ‘mind’ to the usual two though the metaphor might be briefly useful. There is one brain and it uses three steps of perception that are all completely different from each other.

If you lack a better description, the zero piece is intended as a single go that best describes the bottom half of trioonity. I’ve been telling myself that if I cannot verbally flesh this out fully in one picture even if it is long and silly, then, I don’t leave my desk except for coffee until I do. I need a better chair and soon.

A better description of the top half of trioon can be found in the newly updated End of Time item. 

Maybe there’s an application or field of study for which the third “kind” of mind facilitates understanding. Maybe not.

The application is anything ‘narrative’ which includes any field of study. Even the term is give-a-away.
I would entertain a maybe not but it would have to include a sensible explanation of where our fondness for four beat rhythms comes from.

But I’m not convinced it adds anything to those applications for which we’ve heretofore made due with only two…

Trioon is a welcoming template for the usual two. There is nothing wrong with either idea in a trioon context. Many say that animals do not live with a conscious/unconscious conflict like humans. If we do the usual math, that makes animals automatons. The human dilemma comes from having two relationships with the unconscious mind describing the meeting of steps 1 and 2, and consciousness describing the meeting between steps 2 and 3. Our animals pals are bioon and have one relationship to contend with. Humans can easily be prompted to discard step 3 and join them for a spell. Later, after the riot, they recall being ‘conscious’ or sort of. Bioonity grants us all the capacity to have a terrifying state of mortal panic or an equally terrifying state of mortal insanity.

Trioon engulfs the usual two and provides a happily plausible context for them to remain marginally useful.

‹ First  < 21 22 23