Ad and Marketing Campaign for Reason & Science ( Possibly Including Secularism ) ( Possibly a International Campaign )

nbhanji

nbhanji
Total Posts:  13
Joined  27-09-2012

23 October 2012 19:58

A large Ad and Marketing Campaign Project for Reason & Science. (Possibly Secularism Included.)

Using various media and medium resources such as TV, Bus, Poster, Internet etc. to spread it.

However I would like stay away from the using labels such as Atheism and Agnostic.

What do you think?
Would like to be involved?
And how can you contribute your time and effort?

nv

nv
Total Posts:  7998
Joined  29-04-2005

23 October 2012 20:26

Even the most religious religionists will agree with slogans proposing reason and science unless they have a secluded and caveman-like fundamentalism. They fully realize that buses, TVs and Internet services have their basis in scientific inquiry.

nbhanji

nbhanji
Total Posts:  13
Joined  27-09-2012

24 October 2012 00:40

At risk of sounding rude, that maybe true or it maybe not, I have yet to see evidence of it but that does not mean it does not exist. If you have proof, statistics, surveys etc. I would love to examine it.

However it does not negate my suggestion in any manner. Though I see I may have not proposed my original posting with much detail, my goal is to open peoples minds to discussion, research, education & healthy scepticism about sciences, religion, theology and anything that religion trespasses on that is clearly in the domain of science and secular philosophy.

I’m on this web site because I very much agree with the concern that Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins and the late and very admirable Christopher Hitchens have. I prefer to be moderate and fairly diplomatic but unfortunately many Religious groups, organisations and people have put to much influence into the public square and have been spreading their discourse without regard to the ethical and moral consequences it may and or have already caused.   

I do not want to sit idly by and watch religious & superstitious, language, propaganda and discourse be spread around without an apposing view or open to fair discussion.  I also am tired of it trespassing on the domain of science.

Please excuse any grammar mistakes.