Creation of a Blueprint for Future Representation of Athiests on Capital Hill, Parliments, and Beyond.

Phatthew

Phatthew
Total Posts:  4
Joined  05-01-2013

06 January 2013 00:21

Regardless of the Percentile of Atheists in the general populace, we have little to no representation in the annuls of power.  The consequences of this gross under representation has direct and measurable consequences on the “well being of conscious entities”, the mortality rate of all entities, and the continued development of the scientific method, and its bared life saving fruits. 
We do not place death, or inflict crimes against humanity on those who choose to disagree with us, however the same can not be said about the Pious.
  It can be said with certainty, this under representation of Atheists needs to be addressed in all global political structures, however It is not yet realistic to make attempts at representation within Muslim, or under developed states.  It seems reasonable to arguable that third world countries need to focus there monies on providing sustainable well being for there inhabitants, as opposed to large atheist educational investment.  Muslim States, simply put, murder those with opposition.  Regardless of weather we are “prepared to give our lives for the cause” it is unreasonable to ask educated supporters to kill themselves.  I also call attention to The irony of that stance. That position, more likely than not, will hurt our chances at sowing educational seeds.  The fine line to be danced upon, is making substantial efforts not to allow the under education, and desperately under developed nations, from leading the peoples of those lands into a need for Deities. 
I do not have the answer, but I am positive the solutions lay in collaboration.

Estherjo

Estherjo
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07-01-2013

08 January 2013 12:38

I believe the first step will be to establish a name by which we may be called that does not bring fear or hatred into the minds of others. Sam Harris does not label himself an atheist, nor should we. An appropriate name? I don’t know. But moving Project Reason beyond the realm of cyber communications and coffee house meetings would benefit our cause. I could see Sam Harris speaking to us from the stage of a “Mega-church,” videos and all, not unlike his current presentations. But we need a venue and a name that embraces not only our beliefs but the public. I am not suggesting we establish a “religion.” But in order to gain credibility, members and power, we need to move ahead. Don’t balk at the word power. It’s critical to have it to move forward in a healthy manner. We are on a wave at this unique time in human history. We need to go beyond riding it, to shaping it.