Forum Miranda Warning

bardoXV

bardoXV
Total Posts:  1058
Joined  10-03-2013

28 April 2013 02:54

Die fröhliche Wissenschaft (Rob) - 26 April 2013 02:11 PM
bardoXV - 26 April 2013 02:07 PM

I’m not so single tracked, as to always want the same thing.

Who is? I suppose what’s important is to know whether what you want is worth wanting.

It’s also important to know just how what you say will be intrepreted by those who read it, and by how many.  On a forum like this one there are only a very few and no-one of any particular note.  it’s like a casual gathering of a few people in a small cafe that will amount to nothing on the world stage.  I did participate in a forum that was supposed to be started off by a group of writers, artists, celebrities, activists, and other luminaries from around the globe but no-one of those in any kind of power of influence.  The most telling point was that none of the 112 participants of the round table took part in the dialogue that followed.  It seemed that for them it was just a photo op, a day to get on camera and present their canned liberal knee-jerk answers to 100 questions.  Nothing really came of it, but it was an interesting experience, and I got to post and refine a lot of my own ideas.  .

robbrownsyd

robbrownsyd
Total Posts:  6576
Joined  23-05-2008

28 April 2013 07:59

Bardo: It’s also important to know just how what you say will be intrepreted by those who read it, and by how many

Ah, yes, well, that’s the hard part isn’t it? Who can say how others will interpret what we write? Long married couples can’t even communicate much of the time.

Bardo: On a forum like this one there are only a very few and no-one of any particular note.

Mmmm… Well, there probably aren’t that many I can be sure will catch exactly what I mean. And I, too, can sometimes get them wrong. That’s partly because of the nature of this form of communication. But there are a few here that I feel I can communicate with most of the time. I hope so, anyway. I have found it hard, though, to follow you at times, Bardo. But that’s probably just me.

bardoXV

bardoXV
Total Posts:  1058
Joined  10-03-2013

28 April 2013 12:44

Die fröhliche Wissenschaft (Rob) - 28 April 2013 05:59 AM

I have found it hard, though, to follow you at times, Bardo. But that’s probably just me.

Possibly, but sometimes my ideas are different and perhaps not well explained.  And then there are the times I attempt humor or satire, and both are very difficult to convey on the screen.  The only thing I have a problem with in others, are extreme views, I prefer to be somewhere in the middle, except when I play ‘devils advocate’ and express an extreme view just to see what the response will be.

nv

nv
Total Posts:  7998
Joined  29-04-2005

28 April 2013 13:11

bardoXV - 28 April 2013 12:54 AM

. . . On a forum like this one there are only a very few and no-one of any particular note. . . .

This forum and its precursor forum have been enriched by notable contributors and they’ve been impoverished for periods of time due to worse than defective contributors who tend to stay longer than the notables, unfortunately.

< 1 2