Starting a PR Student Organization

Nathan Fell

Nathan Fell
Total Posts:  3
Joined  28-06-2013

10 July 2013 17:40

I am starting a new student organization on my campus (Metropolitan State University, St. Paul MN) with goals and intentions similar, if not identical, to Project Reason. With the budget alotted to this organization I hope to hold public discussions,host guest speakers and a film series, as well as be a presence in policy-making arenas on campus as well as the State Capitol.
From this forum, I am seeking ideas. Ideas not only for content for the events I hope to plan, but for the name of the organization itself. I don’t want to cross any intellectual property lines by just calling it the “Project Reason Student Organization”. Unless, of course, PR is okay with that. In that case, I’d be honored. Otherwise, I have to come up with the name myself, and I am just awful at that. (I have a blue Betta fish named Iron Man. Seriously.)
So, any input would be welcomed and helpful.
Thank you.

robbrownsyd

robbrownsyd
Total Posts:  6576
Joined  23-05-2008

10 July 2013 17:53

Great idea, Nathan. It’s good to see young people getting invvolved in the struggle against dogmatism, superstition, and bigotry.

I hope Sam Harris reads your post and gives you the OK to use the name.

Cheers

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Total Posts:  19830
Joined  20-07-2007

10 July 2013 19:43

Nathan Fell - 10 July 2013 03:40 PM

I am starting a new student organization on my campus (Metropolitan State University, St. Paul MN) with goals and intentions similar, if not identical, to Project Reason. With the budget alotted to this organization I hope to hold public discussions,host guest speakers and a film series, as well as be a presence in policy-making arenas on campus as well as the State Capitol.
From this forum, I am seeking ideas. Ideas not only for content for the events I hope to plan, but for the name of the organization itself. I don’t want to cross any intellectual property lines by just calling it the “Project Reason Student Organization”. Unless, of course, PR is okay with that. In that case, I’d be honored. Otherwise, I have to come up with the name myself, and I am just awful at that. (I have a blue Betta fish named Iron Man. Seriously.)
So, any input would be welcomed and helpful.
Thank you.

Doubt there would be objection, but suggest you contact Sam Harris re name.