‹ First  < 24 25 26

The Mabus Tank

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Total Posts:  5111
Joined  19-08-2010

01 February 2021 00:55

Soul?

I agree, I don’t understand half the things you’re talking about Denny.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6817
Joined  22-02-2005

01 February 2021 01:14

cyberredarmy - 31 January 2021 05:02 PM

Talking with you guys is like this…

https://youtu.be/-DMaTMSm0RE

I am sorry that I do not speak in utoob. I haven’t the embouchure for it.

Why not, just as a last resort, have a go at normal conversation? I remember long ago having a normal conversation with your answering machine. I never felt more in touch with you.

cyberredarmy

cyberredarmy
Total Posts:  130
Joined  07-01-2017

01 February 2021 18:33

ALRIGHTY. IF YOU CAN’T EVEN DEFEND YOUR POSITION, I WILL…

THE ARGUMENT FROM THE ETERNAL SIZE OF THE UNIVERSE:

Consider this argument from an atheist standpoint:

https://theconversation.com/does-the-size-of-the-universe-prove-god-doesnt-exist-86645

“Scientists now know that the universe contains at least two trillion galaxies. It’s a mind-scrunchingly big place, very different to the conception of the universe we had when the world’s major religions were founded. So do the astronomical discoveries of the last few centuries have implications for religion?

Over the last few decades, a new way of arguing for atheism has emerged. Philosophers of religion such as Michael Martin and Nicholas Everitt have asked us to consider the kind of universe we would expect the Christian God to have created, and compare it with the universe we actually live in. They argue there is a mismatch. Everitt focuses on how big the universe is, and argues this gives us reason to believe the God of classical Christianity doesn’t exist.

To explain why, we need a little theology. Traditionally, the Christian God is held to be deeply concerned with human beings. Genesis (1:27) states: “God created mankind in his own image.” Psalms (8:1-5) says: “O Lord … What is man that You take thought of him … Yet You have made him a little lower than God, And You crown him with glory and majesty!” And, of course, John (3:16) explains God gave humans his son out of love for us.

These texts show that God is human-oriented: human beings are like God, and he values us highly. Although we’re focusing on Christianity, these claims can be found in other monotheistic religions, too.”

IF ANYTHING, MODERN SCIENCE REAVEALS THE ETERNAL SIZE OF THE UNIVERSE AND THE NECESSITY OF THERE BEING A GOD.

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Joined  19-08-2010

02 February 2021 00:50

Thanks for defending my position Denny, I knew you’d have my back.

cyberredarmy

cyberredarmy
Joined  07-01-2017

02 February 2021 11:40
cyberredarmy

cyberredarmy
Joined  07-01-2017

04 February 2021 16:26

In case you don’t know what you are talking about..

https://capital.com/the-black-swan-theory-definition

cyberredarmy

cyberredarmy
Joined  07-01-2017

04 February 2021 21:10

To clarify since you are clueless…

“In this case, the observation of a single black swan would be the undoing of the logic of any system of thought, as well as any reasoning that followed from that underlying logic.”

You are finished whether you are aware of it or not…

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Joined  19-08-2010

05 February 2021 00:27

Thanks Denny.

‹ First  < 24 25 26