‹ First  < 8 9 10

Life Without a Narrator

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Total Posts:  6688
Joined  22-02-2005

02 February 2014 15:02

jb8989 - 02 February 2014 12:24 PM

A problem with trioon is that if a person cannot properly regulate their own anxiety and anxiety provoking thoughts, how can they be expected to cognitively penetrate their perception enough to realign their developmentally reinforced, however maladaptive, narrative process.

I don’t. I did.

The cognitive penetration involved is surprising shallow but, as you have indicated, you hear that all the time.

Jb8989

Jb8989
Total Posts:  6645
Joined  31-01-2012

02 February 2014 15:03

Nhoj Morley - 02 February 2014 01:55 PM
Hannah2 - 02 February 2014 11:45 AM

:I kept dismissing the idea that I needed to think about the roads at 5:30 a.m.  I could think about it later.  Then my narrator would wander to unrelated topics.  But I kept getting physical signals of anxiety—little heart jumps—that would prompt me to turn my attention back to my worry.  So it wasn’t the chatter in my head that was responsible; I think it was Hippo signalling “Immanent danger.”  On the other hand, my veneer of chatter was trying to calm me down and distract me.

As used in this thread, the term narrator could apply to either Mr. Now or Mr. Flashlight depending on the type of inner chatter. If it streams at a flowing pace and never exceeds four cognizant components at a time, that’s Mr. Now talking. If your attention can command the flow and pace and the sense of streaming stops, that’s Mr. Flashlight talking.

What’s a generalized example under Hanna’s circumstances that would constitute streams at flowing pace not exceeding four cognizant components?

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

02 February 2014 15:20

Nhoj Morley - 02 February 2014 02:02 PM
jb8989 - 02 February 2014 12:24 PM

A problem with trioon is that if a person cannot properly regulate their own anxiety and anxiety provoking thoughts, how can they be expected to cognitively penetrate their perception enough to realign their developmentally reinforced, however maladaptive, narrative process.

I don’t. I did.

The cognitive penetration involved is surprising shallow but, as you have indicated, you hear that all the time.

I do. That’s why I see trioon as an early to mid developmental teaching tool, because practically speaking perception being coined as cognitively impenetrable simply refers to relational and attachment issues with the self, which is perceived (even though technically it isn’t) as much much “deeper” than the idea of regulating maladaptive or irrational emotions using social/psych techniques. Both help with anxiety. But the latter involves an approach that simply seems more relatable than trioon. But imagine if trioon reached people at a time in their lives when they we’re developing awareness and learning and emotional capacities etc, I think perception wouldn’t be as cognitively impenetrable as we see now. However, at age 40 when most people are experiencing negative emotions and are acting them out in their social circles, they can barely perceive the connection between their triggers, emotions, and reckless Bx with much therapy, let alone be willing to hear, comprehend and implement a more naturally organized narrative ability. Shit, people just want a quick fix; that’s why drugs suck and therapy fails a lot. Maybe trioon should be the new modality for intensive therapy. Holy shit dude, that’s good stuff. You should totally pitch trioon as intensive therapy. On weekend, 8 “sessions,” 25K per couple. You’re welcome.  wink

[ Edited: 02 February 2014 15:23 by Jb8989]

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

02 February 2014 17:44

jb8989 - 02 February 2014 02:20 PM

You should totally pitch trioon as intensive therapy. On weekend, 8 “sessions,” 25K per couple. You’re welcome.

No, you should. I’d be laughed at far more than you would.

I agree, trioon in schooling would install info-based narration and make for a very different adult. Possibly useful in psychology. Beyond that, there may be some visual and perceptual tricks that could undermine a religious perspective far more effectively than any rational argument. Trioon attacks the flank and undermines the ability to have a religious perspective of any type.

I appreciate the lobs you are tossing my way but before I swing at any more, I am going to finally finish my science/authority post.

Trioonity should be to no one’s monetary profit.

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

02 February 2014 18:09

Nhoj Morley - 02 February 2014 04:44 PM

Trioonity should be to no one’s monetary profit.

I humbly disagree because I think it should be yours. I look forward to your authority post.

Nhoj Morley

Nhoj Morley
Joined  22-02-2005

04 February 2014 16:44

jb8989 - 02 February 2014 05:09 PM

I think it should be yours.

Don’t misunderstand, Doc. If someone wanted to pay enough to drag me out to talk trioonity, I can forward my contract rider.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10193
Joined  20-10-2006

21 September 2020 12:30

Jb8989 - 28 January 2014 03:38 PM

Well just to be clear you’re not brainless and you don’t have no thoughts. you obviously think and have thoughts. You simply don’t have rapid cycling feedback, which, like you said can be very comforting, good for task oriented people, and so on. As for the lack of creativity? I say so the fuck what! We do what we do best.

Ok, so I had a thought about not having thoughts, and dug up this old thread.  I went to the web site of the guy from the OP and found his explanation for what is going on in this video (12 mins.) - https://youtu.be/WnWxCgiZfrc

‹ First  < 8 9 10