‹ First  < 442 443 444

The Dump (+BM) please read Health & Safety warnings

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Total Posts:  4488
Joined  02-04-2011

03 June 2015 01:43

To all you other “brilliant” posters:

To ban me from Project Reason will be the modus operandi of skepticism, not some vigilante justice against an obnoxious poster.

For skepticism is populated by people who first and foremost bury their heads in the sand by being completely ignorant of philosophy and theology, the two sciences that give to us a rational foundation for God.

So ban me. I’ve done my job. I’ve told you fools who you are, and who God is.

Bury your heads even deeper in the sand.

Get to the end of your lives like Dennis, or Hitchens, or some other third skeptic, confused and alone.

Face a personal tragedy by “thinking” on it.

Keep asking the same stupid questions about Jesus and God and spirituality, without any chance of learning the answers to these questions, answers that were profoundly given long ago.

Keep telling yourselves that the one person who came to this bigoted forum with the proper education and profound experience to speak about God was a bad person, and that’s why you banned him.

Keep on being delusional skeptics thinking you are “brilliant” for propping up your mere opinions with Google searches.

But you will never forget the truth that I force fed you, for it is implanted deep within you. And, that has always been my aim, not your worthless approval.

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Joined  02-04-2011

03 June 2015 01:50

Wayne, you do know that the science you love would not exist unless there was an intelligence behind it, don’t you?

Where did the principles and laws of the physical universe come from?

Where are these principles and laws if reality is only the physical universe?

Until you come to understand that science exists because it comes from the mind of God, you will only be a superstitious believer in science as something that just is. And, you will never love it as much as someone with this understanding does.

Mr Wayne

Mr Wayne
Total Posts:  757
Joined  01-10-2014

03 June 2015 02:26

I have the humility that comes from hard work as a scientist.  The individual researcher can struggle for decades with his search for truth and know how little he advances the whole of science. 
The greatest joy comes from integration the results of all scientists of all times and knowing that as a human culture we are advancing.  We scientists dedicate ourselves to a high level of honesty and demand critical thinking.
The good we give the world is not just the blade (sword and kitchen knife).  It is an understanding of the working of the world.

Some men in science who are religious believe that as nature reveals herself they may get a glimpse of something divine.  Some majestic order.  Proof where faith fails.
I think like Darwin that it is now possible to see life (and the animal who names himself human) as evolved without the need of an intelligent maker.

Your dog is different.  He was designed by intelligent breeders.  So he is no doubt better than the rest of us.

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Joined  02-04-2011

03 June 2015 02:55

So, your answer is “no”, you do not understand where science comes from.

And, that you “think like Darwin that it is now possible to see life (and the animal who names himself human) as evolved without the need of an intelligent maker” is not “humility”, but “pride”. For you take your education is one subject, a subject not focused upon the existence of an intelligent maker, and make claims denying the claims made by others educated in the subjects focused upon the existence of an intelligent maker.

When you read Aristotle and Aquinas, did what you learned from these thinkers give you pause when you read Dawkins and his “blind watchmaker” theory? (It’s only a theory, you know.)

Oh, I forgot to ask—you did read Aristotle’s Metaphysics and Aquinas’ Summa Contra Gentiles, correct?

I mean, you wouldn’t be going on the Internet and debating with someone like me—someone who has read Darwin and Dawkins, and also Aristotle and Aquinas—as an equal, when you know that you have only read one side of argument, would you?

That would be really dubious and stupid.

Anyway…

From what I’ve read, the theories of evolution have never provided even a smidgen of evidence that “intelligence” evolved from the physical elements.

In fact, the theories of evolution begin their work after everything is up and running.

And, do you really believe that the non-thinking of the first ancient bacteria evolved into the thinking of Darwin? Do you?

You know what I believe. I believe that intelligence came from the top down, not from the bottom up. How this happened, I have the “humility” to say I do not know. But I do know that it is logical that it did happen this way, and it is scientifically viable, too.

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Joined  02-04-2011

03 June 2015 03:03

And, Wayne, I see you copied and pasted your post above to its own thread.

How “humble” of you.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15474
Joined  17-12-2006

03 June 2015 05:21

TheBrotherMario - 03 June 2015 12:55 AM

Oh, I forgot to ask—you did read Aquinas’ Summa Contra Gentiles, correct?

That would be part of the work that he floccinaucinihilipilificated shortly before death?

Magda

Magda
Total Posts:  633
Joined  01-12-2014

03 June 2015 05:53

Burt

cough

I don’t suppose you fancy quitting this party and moving on to somewhere else?

smile

Magda

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Joined  02-04-2011

03 June 2015 10:35

I’m feeling like the Kraken today.

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Joined  02-04-2011

03 June 2015 10:56

burt, all traditional thought is useless to you because all you care about is your own opinion, foundationless and relativistic opinion.

I abridged every chapter in Summa Contra Gentiles for half my grade in a philosophy course. The professor, who was a scholar of the highest caliber, having studied in Rome, thanked me and told me he was going to use my abridged version in the future.

You didn’t read Aquinas beyond a paragraph or two, did you?

Yet you still think you have something to teach me about Aquinas.

It seems becoming a professor has enhanced your pride to such a degree that you have become worthless as a professor.

Maybe that’s why you travel a lot.

‹ First  < 442 443 444