< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›

The Black Hole

bbearren

bbearren
Total Posts:  3804
Joined  20-11-2013

29 September 2014 12:30

jb8989 - 29 September 2014 09:09 AM

Probably a pretty insecure dude who doesn’t understand that the rate, rhythm and context of your posts clearly exhibits the emotions you feel a compelling need to hide under this whole dust and ashes shtick. Either improve upon or drop the act IMO.

Sorry to disappoint, but there is no insecurity, no lack of maturity, no shtick, no “man behind the curtain”.  Take me as I am or ignore me; it would seem a simple choice.  It matters not a whit to me.

As I have said before, I’m not here to build ‘cred’, reputation, or what-have-you.  I’m here to pose the occasional question, make an occasional observation.  But the questions are mine, as are the statements.  It’s just that simple.

I may be relatively new to these forums, but I’ve been in this medium for a couple of decades.

And, once again, I’m easy to ignore.

Jb8989

Jb8989
Total Posts:  6373
Joined  31-01-2012

29 September 2014 12:52

bbearren - 29 September 2014 10:30 AM
jb8989 - 29 September 2014 09:09 AM

Probably a pretty insecure dude who doesn’t understand that the rate, rhythm and context of your posts clearly exhibits the emotions you feel a compelling need to hide under this whole dust and ashes shtick. Either improve upon or drop the act IMO.

Sorry to disappoint, but there is no insecurity, no lack of maturity, no shtick, no “man behind the curtain”.  Take me as I am or ignore me; it would seem a simple choice.  It matters not a whit to me.

As I have said before, I’m not here to build ‘cred’, reputation, or what-have-you.  I’m here to pose the occasional question, make an occasional observation.  But the questions are mine, as are the statements.  It’s just that simple.

I may be relatively new to these forums, but I’ve been in this medium for a couple of decades.

And, once again, I’m easy to ignore.

You are easy to ignore, but I’m obviously not ignoring you. I’m clearly knee deep in an immature semantic struggle with you. And I’m happy if I’m wrong about you being insecure but it would seem objectively the opposite since we’re posting in thread started by you, on the topic of you, while you provide ultimatums on how to deal with you. If it’s me reading the signs, you’re an insecure cock-gobbler.

[ Edited: 29 September 2014 12:57 by Jb8989]

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  7079
Joined  15-02-2007

29 September 2014 13:40

bbearren - 29 September 2014 06:31 AM

And it would appear that you did not visit the link.

Presumptuous projection.

Mike78

Mike78
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  05-06-2012

29 September 2014 13:58

Professing a complete absence of insecurity is like wearing a sign saying “Who am I? Please help.”

bbearren

bbearren
Joined  20-11-2013

29 September 2014 14:24

Woot!!

bbearren

bbearren
Joined  20-11-2013

29 September 2014 17:05

jb8989 - 29 September 2014 10:52 AM

You are easy to ignore, but I’m obviously not ignoring you. I’m clearly knee deep in an immature semantic struggle with you. And I’m happy if I’m wrong about you being insecure but it would seem objectively the opposite since we’re posting in thread started by you, on the topic of you, while you provide ultimatums on how to deal with you. If it’s me reading the signs, you’re an insecure cock-gobbler.

The reason this thread was started by me was to try to avoid hijacking EN’s thread a second time, which I considered the polite thing to do.  It is about me because I was being asked a number of questions in EN’s thread.

bbearren - 25 August 2014 11:48 PM
EN - 22 August 2014 07:03 PM

The black hole moves through the thread, preventing even the escape of light, sucking all dialogue into its massive, swirling vortex.

EN - 24 August 2014 10:28 PM

We are actually talking about bb.  He’s now become the subject of this thread, interestingly enough.

Not my intent.  The thread appears to be somewhat back on track, so I’m not going to answer the questions posed to me here; I don’t want to hijack the thread again. I PM’d Nhoj, and he told me to proceed as I see fit, so I’ll answer those questions in the Black Hole.

As for ultimatums, I am easy to ignore.  What sort of ultimatum is that?

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

29 September 2014 18:13

bbearren - 29 September 2014 03:05 PM
jb8989 - 29 September 2014 10:52 AM

The reason this thread was started by me was to try to avoid hijacking EN’s thread a second time, which I considered the polite thing to do.  It is about me because I was being asked a number of questions in EN’s thread.

bbearren - 25 August 2014 11:48 PM
EN - 22 August 2014 07:03 PM

The black hole moves through the thread, preventing even the escape of light, sucking all dialogue into its massive, swirling vortex.

EN - 24 August 2014 10:28 PM

We are actually talking about bb.  He’s now become the subject of this thread, interestingly enough.

Not my intent.  The thread appears to be somewhat back on track, so I’m not going to answer the questions posed to me here; I don’t want to hijack the thread again. I PM’d Nhoj, and he told me to proceed as I see fit, so I’ll answer those questions in the Black Hole.

As for ultimatums, I am easy to ignore.  What sort of ultimatum is that?

So let’s then establish that you’re “polite.” So far you’re self-proclaimed absent insecurity, immaturity, and any “persona,” and are more akin to “a pebble rolling down a hill;” yet you’re polite and empathic and interested in how stuff works by observation but often find others’ interpretation of your observations convoluted. Can we generally agree on that?

bbearren

bbearren
Joined  20-11-2013

29 September 2014 18:55

jb8989 - 29 September 2014 04:13 PM

So let’s then establish that you’re “polite.” So far you’re self-proclaimed absent insecurity, immaturity, and any “persona,” and are more akin to “a pebble rolling down a hill;” yet you’re polite and empathic and interested in how stuff works by observation but often find others’ interpretation of your observations convoluted. Can we generally agree on that?

For the most part, yes, we can generally agree on that.

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

29 September 2014 19:05

bbearren - 29 September 2014 04:55 PM

Can we also generally agree than in your 564 posts here at PR you’ve not admitted to being wrong or otherwise inaccurate with your observations? I mention this because, if correct, that would also make you in your perception astute. I’m wondering if we can also describe you as astute?

[ Edited: 29 September 2014 19:20 by Jb8989]

bbearren

bbearren
Joined  20-11-2013

29 September 2014 19:42

jb8989 - 29 September 2014 05:05 PM
bbearren - 29 September 2014 04:55 PM

Can we also generally agree than in your 564 posts here at PR you’ve not admitted to being wrong or otherwise inaccurate with your observations? I mention this because, if correct, that would also make you in your perception astute. I’m wondering if we can also describe you as astute?

I would consider that a large percentage of my posts have been involved in exchanges such as this, where the attempt to maneuver me into some corner appears to be the primary objective.  I would say that I probably have a better handle on who and what I am than you or anyone else on these forums.  I don’t, however, see where that would qualify me as being “astute”.

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

29 September 2014 20:04

Fair enough. But to clarify, you don’t perceive yourself as an astute observer?

bbearren

bbearren
Joined  20-11-2013

29 September 2014 20:46

jb8989 - 29 September 2014 06:04 PM

I wouldn’t describe myself as “an astute observer”, but at the crux of it all, observation is what I get paid to do.

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

29 September 2014 22:04

bbearren - 29 September 2014 06:46 PM

I wouldn’t describe myself as “an astute observer”, but at the crux of it all, observation is what I get paid to do.

Help me understand:

You make observations and post about them. You often find other interpretations of your observations convoluted. But you wouldn’t describe yourself as an astute observer? What am I missing?

bbearren

bbearren
Joined  20-11-2013

29 September 2014 22:57

jb8989 - 29 September 2014 08:04 PM

Help me understand:

You make observations and post about them. You often find other interpretations of your observations convoluted. But you wouldn’t describe yourself as an astute observer? What am I missing?

You’re telegraphing your punches; you’ve got your eyes fixed on your intended receiver; I think I know where you’re going with this…

bbearren - 10 December 2013 09:53 PM

That I am only dust and ashes is, for me, the most obvious and easily accessible foundation for the logical explanation for humility.  I had no input in my arrival on this planet in time, place, or circumstance.  I am simply here, experiencing this existence.

I am not without emotions, but I have no reason to entertain pride or jealousy.  I cannot be insulted, offended, or ridiculed, which makes for an uncomplicated life.

Jb8989

Jb8989
Joined  31-01-2012

29 September 2014 23:40

bbearren - 29 September 2014 08:57 PM
jb8989 - 29 September 2014 08:04 PM

Help me understand:

You’re telegraphing your punches; you’ve got your eyes fixed on your intended receiver; I think I know where you’re going with this…

bbearren - 10 December 2013 09:53 PM

That I am only dust and ashes is, for me, the most obvious and easily accessible foundation for the logical explanation for humility.  I had no input in my arrival on this planet in time, place, or circumstance.  I am simply here, experiencing this existence.

I am not without emotions, but I have no reason to entertain pride or jealousy.  I cannot be insulted, offended, or ridiculed, which makes for an uncomplicated life.

That helps; thanks. But I can assure you that I don’t want to punch you. 

So you’re logical, polite, uncomplicated and humble. You’re not without emotions, except the emotions pride and jealousy because you perceive them as irrational or unreasonable. You’re also absent insecurity, immaturity, and any persona and therefore cannot be insulted, offended or ridiculed. You’re akin to “a pebble rolling down a hill,” interested in how stuff works by observation but often find others’ interpretation of your observations convoluted. Yet you won’t describe yourself as an astute observer.

Is that a generally accurate description?

< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›