sojourner
Total Posts:  5970
Joined  09-11-2012

05 October 2014 16:03

jdrnd - 05 October 2014 01:18 PM
NicLynn - 05 October 2014 11:18 AM

Who is “us”, atheists?

Me?

People will declare war against you personally? Good god, what did you do?

Sorry, what I meant was, where do you see this sort of “Accept my God or die!” coming war scenario playing out, who are the groups you’re worried about? Christian / Muslim majority countries against atheists, or religions against other religions, or what?

Hmmm… my advice is, keep an eye on those Zoroastrianists. It’s always the one you least suspect….

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Total Posts:  2008
Joined  31-08-2014

05 October 2014 16:04

Danna - 05 October 2014 01:44 PM
jdrnd - 05 October 2014 01:20 PM
Gregoryhhh - 05 October 2014 12:53 PM

what a world it would be without the jews…

I would miss latkes.

It would be a very sad world without the Jewish people.  During my Christian years, we held in my denomination an admiration for the Jews,  that I refuse to give up and that means ever.  Latkes were the first Jewish religious food I attempted to prepare, as a post Christian.  A little too much oil,  but still good.  It was more symbolic, the feeling of being connected to a larger picture.

um, dana, i am one of the participants in a (at the time ) a two person conversation and i am fairly certain that posting is just a joke between the two of us - by the way do you know the difference between a Polack (of which i am 100%) and an ape? The ape peels, his banana.When i was in texas i turned all my Polish jokes into texan jokes - that didnt go over well, But you could turn them into jew jokes too.

jdrnd

jdrnd
Total Posts:  5899
Joined  25-08-2009

05 October 2014 16:05

Gregoryhhh - 05 October 2014 01:58 PM

Post Scriptum: I have the honor of passing along to a grandchild my Grandmother’s 134 year old recipe for Polish Catholic Potato Pankakes - scrumptious.And not to brag (too much) but i have people who fly me into town for a weekend visit but i have to do my Gramma’s recipe for them smile

Post Post Script.

They taste better when they’re cooked in Lard, but then they are not kosher.

Bugs Bunny

Bugs Bunny
Total Posts:  1264
Joined  01-07-2012

05 October 2014 16:10

Gregoryhhh - 05 October 2014 02:04 PM

I would miss latkes.

It would be a very sad world without the Jewish people.  During my Christian years, we held in my denomination an admiration for the Jews,  that I refuse to give up and that means ever.  Latkes were the first Jewish religious food I attempted to prepare, as a post Christian.  A little too much oil,  but still good.  It was more symbolic, the feeling of being connected to a larger picture.

um, dana, i am one of the participants in a (at the time ) a two person conversation and i am fairly certain that posting is just a joke between the two of us - by the way do you know the difference between a Polack (of which i am 100%) and an ape? The ape peels, his banana.When i was in texas i turned all my Polish jokes into texan jokes - that didnt go over well, But you could turn them into jew jokes too.

Got your point.  I had not read the entire thread, or posts before chiming in.  My apologies.

jdrnd

jdrnd
Joined  25-08-2009

05 October 2014 16:11

NicLynn - 05 October 2014 02:03 PM
jdrnd - 05 October 2014 01:18 PM
NicLynn - 05 October 2014 11:18 AM

Who is “us”, atheists?

Me?

People will declare war against you personally? Good god, what did you do?

I meant I was speaking for myself.  and “Good God” is redundant

NicLynn - 05 October 2014 02:03 PM

...who are the groups you’re worried about? Christian / Muslim majority countries against atheists, or religions against other religions, or what?

Anybody who makes decisions, runs their life, and makes choices so they can have a more comfortable afterlife.  Or said another way, considers our present life a brief way station.

jdrnd

jdrnd
Joined  25-08-2009

05 October 2014 16:18

Danna - 05 October 2014 02:10 PM
Gregoryhhh - 05 October 2014 02:04 PM

I would miss latkes.

Got your point.  I had not read the entire thread, or posts before chiming in.  My apologies.

I liked your post.

By the way, the texture of the grinding of the potato is also important.  A little bit finer than a McDonald hashbrown, but not like coarse mash potatoes.  They cook best if 3 1/2 to 4 inches in diameter, slightly oval, about 1/2 to 5/8 inch thick… cooked in chicken fat. (Lard is better but then its not Kosher).

jdrnd

jdrnd
Joined  25-08-2009

05 October 2014 16:21

Maybe I should named this post how to cook latkes.

On a different note, religiously inspired wars are particularly bloody because it is perceived that the war is concerned with saving souls.

Bugs Bunny

Bugs Bunny
Total Posts:  1264
Joined  01-07-2012

05 October 2014 16:38

jdrnd - 05 October 2014 02:21 PM

Maybe I should named this post how to cook latkes.

No, actually it is a good discussion.  Carry on, please.  However, I really could have used this recipe before. I had won a little Jewish cookbook in a biblical online Q&A.  It was fun.

On a different note, religiously inspired wars are particularly bloody because it is perceived that the war is concerned with saving souls.

Indeed, and as I have commented before that saving souls or conversion tactics are not part of the Jewish faith.  Pretty unique and nice.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  20538
Joined  11-03-2007

05 October 2014 19:39

jdrnd, you are paradoid.  Very.  Religions have been with us forever, and the world population has increased to 7 billion.  We’ve always had wars, some religious and some not, and the world population has increased to 7 billion.  Religions have always been at war with other religions, or with those who do not conform to their religion, and the world population has increased to 7 billion.  If you decide to stay a Jew,  then Muslims will want to kill you just as they want to kill Christians.  If you decide to call yourself a Christian, then Muslims will want to kill you.  If you decide to call yourself a Muslim, then Christians will want to kill you, especially in the states.  If you want to be a Muslim in India, the Hindus will want to kill you.  In Myanmar, the Buddhists will want to kill you.  Just chill out, take your meds for your psychosis, and enjoy your remaining time on earth.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

05 October 2014 19:47

EN - 05 October 2014 05:39 PM

jdrnd, you are paradoid.  Very.  Religions have been with us forever, and the world population has increased to 7 billion.  We’ve always had wars, some religious and some not, and the world population has increased to 7 billion.  Religions have always been at war with other religions, or with those who do not conform to their religion, and the world population has increased to 7 billion.  If you decide to stay a Jew,  then Muslims will want to kill you just as they want to kill Christians.  If you decide to call yourself a Christian, then Muslims will want to kill you.  If you decide to call yourself a Muslim, then Christians will want to kill you, especially in the states.  If you want to be a Muslim in India, the Hindus will want to kill you.  In Myanmar, the Buddhists will want to kill you.  Just chill out, take your meds for your psychosis, and enjoy your remaining time on earth.

Um, EN, i’m fairly certain that this thread is about potato panckes/ latka, so in that spirit, allow me to interject that as it is dosage and frequency in drugs, it is about time and temperature in cooking - lard is a wonderful thing, but my gramma’s recipe is a secret one - i will concede time and temp to be part of it, but there are other things. (pay attention)

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

05 October 2014 19:54

jdrnd - 05 October 2014 02:02 PM
Gregoryhhh - 05 October 2014 01:58 PM

I’m curious jdrnd, did you purposefully truncate the “. . . muslims and chrisians”,  in order to make the joke funny for more readers,  or do you make it a habit?
gregory

Post Scriptum: I have the honor of passing along to a grandchild my Grandmother’s 134 year old recipe for Polish Catholic Potato Pankakes - scrumptious.And not to brag (too much) but i have people who fly me into town for a weekend visit but i have to do my Gramma’s recipe for them smile

A joke.

thanks - got it

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

05 October 2014 21:08

Gregoryhhh - 05 October 2014 05:47 PM

Um, EN, i’m fairly certain that this thread is about potato panckes/ latka, so in that spirit, allow me to interject that as it is dosage and frequency in drugs, it is about time and temperature in cooking - lard is a wonderful thing, but my gramma’s recipe is a secret one - i will concede time and temp to be part of it, but there are other things. (pay attention)

I’m sorry. Let me restate my position.  If you eat potato pancakes, the Buddhists in Myanmar will kill you.  If you eat Latkas, the Muslims will kill you. The best course of action is to eat kolaches.

jdrnd

jdrnd
Joined  25-08-2009

05 October 2014 21:36

Religions have always been at war with other religions, or with those who do not conform to their religion…  If you decide to stay a Jew,  then Muslims will want to kill you just as they want to kill Christians.  If you decide to call yourself a Christian, then Muslims will want to kill you.  If you decide to call yourself a Muslim, then Christians will want to kill you, especially in the states.  If you want to be a Muslim in India, the Hindus will want to kill you.  In Myanmar, the Buddhists will want to kill you.

...but now we have nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons.

I rest my case

jdrnd

jdrnd
Joined  25-08-2009

05 October 2014 21:38

Gregoryhhh - 05 October 2014 05:47 PM

That’s right, its about Latka’s to die for.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

05 October 2014 21:47

jdrnd - 05 October 2014 07:36 PM

Religions have always been at war with other religions, or with those who do not conform to their religion…  If you decide to stay a Jew,  then Muslims will want to kill you just as they want to kill Christians.  If you decide to call yourself a Christian, then Muslims will want to kill you.  If you decide to call yourself a Muslim, then Christians will want to kill you, especially in the states.  If you want to be a Muslim in India, the Hindus will want to kill you.  In Myanmar, the Buddhists will want to kill you.

...but now we have nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons.

I rest my case

The atheistic Chinese and the thugistic Russians are the folks you need to be worried about.  Just don’t let the Iranians have the bomb and you are OK.  Remember, the only folks who have ever dropped an A-bomb on anyone are us, and it had nothing to do with religion.

< 1 2 3 >