1 2 3 > 

N O B O D Y D I E S (+bm)

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Total Posts:  2008
Joined  31-08-2014

07 October 2014 15:39

In college i had a professor clue me in on how to write a paper advocating a view that i found repugnant- he told me to pretend i was someone else who did have the repugnant view and write the paper. So pretend that you are what you seem to be , human, and that there is more to you than meets the eye. We live in time, and we live in space, and we live in seven other dimensions- we’re just saying pretend if you have to, but there is such a thing as eleven dimensions- seven of them are without the four of time and space. Actually time and the three space emerge from the other seven- the seven are there before the four of spacetime. - Before Spacetime, that’s commonly referred to as the big bang - we came from before Spacetime Of course we don’t know yet about many things, but we know the earth is not flat nor is it that the sun revolves around it, now we can know we already exist in other “places”- eleven altogether. Leaving this four we are still in the other seven. Nobody dies.
gregory

Post Scriptum: when in the eleven (or it could be the seven, though as far as i know it could be number nine all by itself, but, in of those seven, is complete completeness. Complete Completeness.  I don’t know about you, but that shit can be felt herenow- this spacetime.

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Total Posts:  4488
Joined  02-04-2011

07 October 2014 23:25

Greg, let me tell you a true story:

One day about 35 years ago, I was painting a water tower high above the ground at the naval base in Groton, CT. It was about 3:00 pm, and close to when the horn would sound to quit work.

Suddenly I found myself not painting and “waking up”, of sorts. I looked around for an explanation as to what happened. But, all I could sense was an extreme feeling of loss. It was so extreme a feeling that I felt like the world was going to end.

Then the horn sounded and I got down off the tower.

When I met up with the other workers to clean out my equipment, they all noticed that I was not my usual happy self, and some of them asked me what was wrong. All I could them was that something happened to me on the water tower that left me with a really bad feeling, like I had lost everything I loved.

I got into the passenger seat of my buddy’s car to drive the 75 miles back to New Bedford. We would buy some beer and smoke weed on the way home, but I had given all that up because I was intent on living with a clear head after having some experiences of God that changed my life a few weeks before this particular day. My buddy stopped and got beer, but, even though I was feeling awful, I chose not to get any.

So, off we went down the highway.

At some point, my buddy asked me to get him his matches in the glove box so he could smoke a joint. I opened the glove box and grabbed a book I was reading called My Other Self, by Clarence Enzler, to get to the matches below it. When my hand touched the book, my mind was immediately transported to the water tower and to the experience I had there. The deep feeling of loss left me immediately and I became filled with an incredible joy.

I opened the book at the bookmark. There my eyes saw the title to the next chapter I was to read. The chapter was called, “A Foretaste Of Heaven”. In this chapter Enzler writes about how God sometimes gives to a person a foretaste of heaven, and he describes it in detail as he remembered his own experience.

With each detail of his experience I read, the experience I had on the water tower came more and more into focus. I was not so much reading his experience of heaven as I was reliving mine.

So, you see, Greg, God does not share our limitation of “time”, for he knew that I was going to read about a foretaste of heaven an hour before I did.

But there is something more profound taking place here that you will find attested to in this “Bible”, the 8th chapter of Proverbs to be exact, you ask so many questions about.

It is that God “delights” in playing among us, and will do so when we are obedient to him as a Father.

“Now therefore, O sons, listen to me, For blessed are they who keep my ways.”

This is the excellence of wisdom.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

07 October 2014 23:54

TheBrotherMario - 07 October 2014 09:25 PM

One day about 35 years ago, I was painting a water tower high above the ground at the naval base in Groton, CT. It was about 3:00 pm, and close to when the horn would sound to quit work.

Suddenly I found myself not painting and “waking up”, of sorts. I looked around for an explanation as to what happened. But, all I could sense was an extreme feeling of loss. It was so extreme a feeling that I felt like the world was going to end.

When I met up with the other workers to clean out my equipment, they all noticed that I was not my usual happy self, and some of them asked me what was wrong. All I could them was that something happened to me on the water tower that left me with a really bad feeling, like I had lost everything I loved.

I got into the passenger seat of my buddy’s car to drive the 75 miles back to New Bedford. We would buy some beer and smoke weed on the way home, but I had given all that up because I was intent on living with a clear head after having some experiences of God that changed my life a few weeks before this particular day. My buddy stopped and got beer, but, even though I was feeling awful, I chose not to get any.

At some point, my buddy asked me to get him his matches in the glove box so he could smoke a joint. I opened the glove box and grabbed a book I was reading called My Other Self, by Clarence Enzler, to get to the matches below it. When my hand touched the book, my mind was immediately transported to the water tower and to the experience I had there. The deep feeling of loss left me immediately and I became filled with an incredible joy.

I opened the book at the bookmark. There my eyes saw the title to the next chapter I was to read. The chapter was called, “A Foretaste Of Heaven”. In this chapter Enzler writes about how God sometimes gives to a person a foretaste of heaven, and he describes it in detail as he remembered his own experience.

With each detail of his experience I read, the experience I had on the water tower came more and more into focus. I was not so much reading his experience of heaven as I was reliving mine.

So, you see, Greg, God does not share our limitation of “time”, for he knew that I was going to read about a foretaste of heaven an hour before I did.

But there is something more profound taking place here that you will find attested to in this “Bible”, the 8th chapter of Proverbs to be exact, you ask so many questions about.

It is that God “delights” in playing among us, and will do so when we are obedient to him as a Father.

Certainly Mario that is a way of explaining the explainable - i had a similar experience in 1985 when in the middle of a blizzard - a 100 year storm, one million baby chickens were to be dead by morning cuz the roof of a big hatchery blew off.

Be that as it may, Mario, what you experience as a “foretaste of heaven” is really just you touching yourself in other parts of your ownself in one or several of the dimensions. - You are just touching yourself in the other seven, and it is a foretaste of heaven, so to speak, for lack of a better way of saying it.
gregory

Post Scriptum: Before you even begin to be allowed to touch the outer fringes of god you just got to go through the process of touching yourself and being yourself in all eleven. (and just touching the outer fringes of yourself in the other than our four herenow, is alike unto “a foretaste of heaven”- so to speak.)

[ Edited: 08 October 2014 00:01 by Gregoryhhh]

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Joined  02-04-2011

08 October 2014 01:00

Greg, take your medication.

And, take me off this thread.

And, take your mental illness to a professional.

And, take this post as my last to you, for you’re a fucking idiot.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

08 October 2014 01:04

TheBrotherMario - 07 October 2014 11:00 PM

that was the funniest thing i ever heard - seriously, i was laughing out loud, i almost hurt myself Mario - thanks

[ Edited: 08 October 2014 16:33 by Gregoryhhh]

Mr Wayne

Mr Wayne
Total Posts:  754
Joined  01-10-2014

08 October 2014 02:09

Gregoryhhh - 07 October 2014 11:04 PM
TheBrotherMario - 07 October 2014 11:00 PM

that was the funniest thing i ever heard - seriously, i was laughing out loud, i almost hurt myself Mario - thanks (seeya - wouldnt wanta be ya smile

Shame on you BM.
Would you call Jesus a fucking idiot or refer him to a shrink???

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15216
Joined  17-12-2006

08 October 2014 03:27

Gregoryhhh - 07 October 2014 09:54 PM

Certainly Mario that is a way of explaining the explainable - i had a similar experience in 1985 when in the middle of a blizzard - a 100 year storm, one million baby chickens were to be dead by morning cuz the roof of a big hatchery blew off.

Be that as it may, Mario, what you experience as a “foretaste of heaven” is really just you touching yourself in other parts of your ownself in one or several of the dimensions. - You are just touching yourself in the other seven, and it is a foretaste of heaven, so to speak, for lack of a better way of saying it.
gregory

Post Scriptum: Before you even begin to be allowed to touch the outer fringes of god you just got to go through the process of touching yourself and being yourself in all eleven. (and just touching the outer fringes of yourself in the other than our four herenow, is alike unto “a foretaste of heaven”- so to speak.)

Gregory, I’ve really got to say that Mario has it all over you in this particular exchange. How he has interpreted his experiences is him, but the experience he describes here is real—you can find harmonic descriptions in all of the worlds mystical literature, once your read through the particular framework used to try and communicate the uncommunicable. Your comments, on the other hand, are merely intellectual speculations, not experience based.

ChaosRules

ChaosRules
Total Posts:  539
Joined  25-11-2008

08 October 2014 11:52

Gregoryhhh - 07 October 2014 01:39 PM

In college i had a professor clue me in on how to write a paper advocating a view that i found repugnant- he told me to pretend i was someone else who did have the repugnant view and write the paper. So pretend that you are what you seem to be , human, and that there is more to you than meets the eye. We live in time, and we live in space, and we live in seven other dimensions- we’re just saying pretend if you have to, but there is such a thing as eleven dimensions- seven of them are without the four of time and space. Actually time and the three space emerge from the other seven- the seven are there before the four of spacetime. - Before Spacetime, that’s commonly referred to as the big bang - we came from before Spacetime Of course we don’t know yet about many things, but we know the earth is not flat nor is it that the sun revolves around it, now we can know we already exist in other “places”- eleven altogether. Leaving this four we are still in the other seven. Nobody dies.
gregory

Post Scriptum: when in the eleven (or it could be the seven, though as far as i know it could be number nine all by itself, but, in of those seven, is complete completeness. Complete Completeness.  I don’t know about you, but that shit can be felt herenow- this spacetime.

This is quite the rambling post and I have no idea what it is you are trying to ask. When you say “there is such a thing as 11 dimensions”, I am assuming that you are basing that statement of fact on some sort of mathematical or physics theory? And what does this have to do with the title of your post?

I rarely agree to anything Mario posts, even if I enjoy his writing style, but in this case he was being sincere and you acted like a dick. So I agree with burt in his assessment, even if I do not believe that Mario’s revelation had anything to do with a god.

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Joined  02-04-2011

08 October 2014 12:49

Wayne, don’t equate goofy Greg with Jesus. I gave to him what he needed, for he’s in real trouble and shouldn’t be placated but sent packing.

And…

The next time you get into your car and drive down the road, count the church steeples with crosses on top of them that you pass by. These were not erected because people were confused and needy, like the skeptic claims, but because people were certain and in love.

How can you call yourself a logical and intelligent person, which I’m quite certain you do, and not include all the evidence that Jesus was far more than a mere human being in your thinking about and consideration of Jesus?

Only certain people go through life with their eyes open, their hearts yearning, and their spirits willing. The remaining people, and they are myriad, find a corner somewhere to sit and look out from.

The voices of these corner-sitters are just sound pushed out through the air looking for another corner to vibrate against.

Jesus gave us more than sound, for his voice, his existence, pushes through the air finding certain people and vibrating their deepest being.

I gave you this analogy because I am also quite certain that you value the realm of science over all else. I, too, value science and think on things scientifically all the time.

But, I am more than this. I try to experience things “spiritually” as well. And, I have found this experience to be the most valuable.

Here’s an experiment that illustrates my point:

Look at someone you love. Think about who he or she is to you. Then, stop thinking about him or her and try to experience what he or she is to you at a deeper level. If you are successful, you will become immersed in a deeper meaning of this person that some intellectual consideration of this person.

So is it with Jesus, God, spirituality, religion, etc. For skeptics “think” about such things and never attempt to “experience” such things, and predictably they come up empty.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

08 October 2014 15:58

burt - 08 October 2014 01:27 AM

gregory

Gregory, I’ve really got to say that Mario has it all over you in this particular exchange. How he has interpreted his experiences is him, but the experience he describes here is real—you can find harmonic descriptions in all of the worlds mystical literature, once your read through the particular framework used to try and communicate the uncommunicable. Your comments, on the other hand, are merely intellectual speculations, not experience based.

Um, actually i am referring to string theory - a lack of understanding it, does tend to negate it for the ignorant. (ignorance is not a measure of cognitive ability, it’s just being unaware of the “thing”)

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

08 October 2014 16:25

ChaosRules - 08 October 2014 09:52 AM
Gregoryhhh - 07 October 2014 01:39 PM

This is quite the rambling post and I have no idea what it is you are trying to ask. When you say “there is such a thing as 11 dimensions”, I am assuming that you are basing that statement of fact on some sort of mathematical or physics theory? And what does this have to do with the title of your post?

I rarely agree to anything Mario posts, even if I enjoy his writing style, but in this case he was being sincere and you acted like a dick. So I agree with burt in his assessment, even if I do not believe that Mario’s revelation had anything to do with a god.

Re the eleven dimensions ChaosRules, it’s all the rave in physics for the last 30 years -  String Theory, aka Superstring Theory, aka M Theory.

I agree with you about the sincerity and dick part.

On the other hand, Mario’s revelation had everything to do with God - it was about the “foretaste of heaven” - that’s in the God department in Mario’s book.I was saying that just as god isn’t bowling when we hear thunder, so to it is not God we feel when we experience feeling god or experiencing “a foretaste of heaven”- it’s just a part of our own self we haven’t tasted of recently. (feeling ourselves as we are even right now, outside of time and space- outside of this four dimensions we seem to be limited to while we are here) We are no longer are required to create god in our own image, at least until we at least know who we are outside of time and space- outside the 4 of the 11 dimensions.

[ Edited: 08 October 2014 16:28 by Gregoryhhh]

ChaosRules

ChaosRules
Joined  25-11-2008

08 October 2014 16:27

So you’re referring to string theory on your OP? Fair enough. I admit that I have never studied it. Regardless, the title of your thread does not match the content of your post, in my opinion, and you are very unclear as to what you are asking or positing. Can you perhaps rephrase? Let’s set aside the Mario sidetrack for the moment.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

08 October 2014 16:32

ChaosRules - 08 October 2014 02:27 PM

So you’re referring to string theory on your OP? Fair enough. I admit that I have never studied it. Regardless, the title of your thread does not match the content of your post, in my opinion, and you are very unclear as to what you are asking or positing. Can you perhaps rephrase? Let’s set aside the Mario sidetrack for the moment.

OK - I’ll let this thread peter out and do another draft at another time. Thanks ChaosRules, i do see the dis-clarity, i admit laziness and other personality and character defects also contributed to this premature post.

ChaosRules

ChaosRules
Joined  25-11-2008

08 October 2014 16:36

Sorry, I replied while you were crafting your most recent reply. When I say that Mario’s revelation had nothing to with God, I am agreeing with you….that in the most likely scenario IMO, no god provided the revelation despite how much Mario would like it to be true.

To know who we are outside of the 4 dimensions we can sense seems to me to be nothing more than an intellectual exercise, and is as possible in reality as finding a god. Again, I am not familiar with string theory but it seems very theoretical and not based on anything we would ever be able to sense/touch/feel. So speculation and fantasy are all well and good but not really something I’m about to spend my time doing.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

08 October 2014 16:48

ChaosRules - 08 October 2014 02:36 PM

Sorry, I replied while you were crafting your most recent reply. When I say that Mario’s revelation had nothing to with God, I am agreeing with you….that in the most likely scenario IMO, no god provided the revelation despite how much Mario would like it to be true.

To know who we are outside of the 4 dimensions we can sense seems to me to be nothing more than an intellectual exercise, and is as possible in reality as finding a god. Again, I am not familiar with string theory but it seems very theoretical and not based on anything we would ever be able to sense/touch/feel. So speculation and fantasy are all well and good but not really something I’m about to spend my time doing.

Yes but   smile  Scientific facts are preceded by scientific speculation. String theory is one of the leading branches of physics, and yes, it’s not fact yet, but so so many of today’s research and discoveries continue to bring more light to string theory - it is the most elegant way of explaining things in words, instead of equations.Equations that are meeting the test of time and following and providing “proofs"for string theory’s reality.

Here’s a 19 minute video from Brian Green (a leader in the field) about string theory.
http://www.ted.com/talks/brian_greene_on_string_theory

[ Edited: 08 October 2014 16:53 by Gregoryhhh]

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15216
Joined  17-12-2006

08 October 2014 17:30

Gregoryhhh - 08 October 2014 01:58 PM
burt - 08 October 2014 01:27 AM

gregory

Um, actually i am referring to string theory - a lack of understanding it, does tend to negate it for the ignorant. (ignorance is not a measure of cognitive ability, it’s just being unaware of the “thing”)

But I do understand that you were referring to string theory (after all, I did my graduate work in general relativity and still keep up somewhat with the field), and have a pretty good understanding of the theory (bracketing not having actually worked through the math). I also know that string theory is still pretty speculative and there are other rivals for it out there (loop quantum gravity, for example). So my comment still holds, you are talking mere intellectual speculation.

1 2 3 >