1 2 3 >  Last ›

Fuck Islam and fuck Mohammed

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9598
Joined  20-10-2006

07 January 2015 16:44

The title is inspired by today’s cowardly terrorist attack by Muslims who were insulted by France’s freedom of the press. 

Islam was founded by an illiterate gangster-turned-warlord who made up rules as they suited his immediate needs.  The people who believe that shit because they live in a place where they will be killed if they don’t have my pity.  The people who believe that shit and threaten others who don’t while living in a place that allows freedom of religion have my scorn.

No more being nice to Islam because Muslims will kill me if I’m not.

[ Edited: 07 June 2017 12:43 by Skipshot]

sojourner

sojourner
Total Posts:  5970
Joined  09-11-2012

07 January 2015 17:21

The propensity for gang culture is an aspect of humanity that I certainly have a hard time with. Because honestly, I think this is what things like this boil down to - it’s similar in form to gangs who will shoot someone for disrespect at wearing the wrong colors or clothing into their neighborhood.

I am relatively hopeful, however, that this is not an inevitable process that goes on endlessly, but something that is naturally discarded once a certain degree of stability has been established over a few generations, for large groups of people.

MARTIN_UK

MARTIN_UK
Total Posts:  4910
Joined  19-08-2010

07 January 2015 18:12

Freedom to mock, to disagree and ridicule even, without threat of violence.

God Does not exist.

Cabu.

Image Attachments

CABU.jpg

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21573
Joined  11-03-2007

07 January 2015 18:40

Fundamentalist Islam is a mind virus that exceeds all others in danger to the human race.  Maybe eventually people will wake up, but I’m not hopeful.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Total Posts:  2008
Joined  31-08-2014

07 January 2015 19:13

It’s the Abramic religions - one god, three religions - all killing each other. That “God” - What a sociopath!
gregory

sojourner

sojourner
Total Posts:  5970
Joined  09-11-2012

07 January 2015 19:19

EN - 07 January 2015 05:40 PM

Fundamentalist Islam is a mind virus that exceeds all others in danger to the human race.  Maybe eventually people will wake up, but I’m not hopeful.

I realize the wake of a tragedy is a poor time to nitpick, but while I am usually far more “live and let live” than many here, I cannot help but find this statement extremely ironic coming from a Christian. Historical track record not so good. (Not to mention, if you want to frame ideologies as mind viruses, it’s hard to say that Islam is worse than, say, Nazism.)

In general I attribute problems like this to rigid ideologies in general (i.e, any kind of fundamentalism), but note that most ideologies begin to loosen and become more inclusive as conditions become more stable and less tribal.

Sorry EN, that’s said in a conversational, not accusatory, way - not trying to pick a fight.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

07 January 2015 19:19

Gregoryhhh - 07 January 2015 06:13 PM

It’s the Abramic religions - one god, three religions - all killing each other. That “God” - What a sociopath!
gregory

Fundamentalist Islam is by far the worst.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

07 January 2015 20:47

EN - 07 January 2015 06:19 PM
Gregoryhhh - 07 January 2015 06:13 PM

gregory

Fundamentalist Islam is by far the worst.

yes, true now En - but go back 5000 years and the Jews were world famous for killing each other and “the others” , and the Christians did the same for hundreds of years - each other and “the others”. I do believe we are together however in rooting that the Muslims do not take as long as the other two of the Abramic ones. I am encouraged though because there are those in those lands who are just not falling for it - The Abramic God is falling by the wayside.(Praise the Lord!)
gregory

Post Scriptum: Just kidding about the Praise the Lord! part.

Smote

Smote
Total Posts:  362
Joined  12-11-2014

07 January 2015 20:51

Praise the Sun! (anybody?)

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

07 January 2015 20:57

Smote - 07 January 2015 07:51 PM

How ‘bout?  - Praise that which is not seen that is - that which we cannot say is, nor know is -  (yet).  But may be - or not.

gregory

Post Scriptum: OK, forget that part.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

07 January 2015 21:09

Gregoryhhh - 07 January 2015 07:57 PM
Smote - 07 January 2015 07:51 PM

How ‘bout?  - Praise that which is not seen that is - that which we cannot say is, nor know is -  (yet).  But may be - or not.

gregory

Post Scriptum: OK, forget that part.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

07 January 2015 21:13

Um, that’s just me ill-engaging the cut and past thing again.
gregory

Celal

Celal
Total Posts:  3142
Joined  07-08-2011

07 January 2015 23:12

NicLynn - 07 January 2015 06:19 PM

I realize the wake of a tragedy is a poor time to nitpick, but while I am usually far more “live and let live” than many here, I cannot help but find this statement extremely ironic coming from a Christian. Historical track record not so good. (Not to mention, if you want to frame ideologies as mind viruses, it’s hard to say that Islam is worse than, say, Nazism.)

In general I attribute problems like this to rigid ideologies in general (i.e, any kind of fundamentalism), but note that most ideologies begin to loosen and become more inclusive as conditions become more stable and less tribal.

Sorry EN, that’s said in a conversational, not accusatory, way - not trying to pick a fight.

In the same spirit of being conversational, I agree with EN.  Don’t know his reasons for coming to that conclusion, but I know my reasons.

Muslims are psychologically damaged in their respective Muslim cultures they are raised.  In many areas such as anger, weakness, honor, security, victim mentality, personal responsibility, Muslims vs non-Muslims;  they are very different than those raised in the western culture.

Anger - in a meeting you may have with your friends or business colleagues, if you show anger, that is considered a sign of weakness. You are seen as not in control. Whereas, in Muslim cultures, talking things out instead of showing anger is a sign of weakness. Resorting to physical fights are often are expected and obliged.

Honorable attitude - In western cultures, showing restraint when confronted with criticism, and responding calmly is a sign of maturity or being able to ignore irrelevant criticism is seen as a sign of confidence; In fact, meeting criticism with hostility and threats, perceived as a lack of self-confidence. However, in Muslim cultures, strange code of honor is coupled with fragile and glass-like personalities that are susceptible to breakage lead to easily being insulted, attack on one’s honor, etc.

Muslim Identity - No matter where they live in the World, they will first identify as Muslim, then perhaps the country they came from, and finally the country they reside in. There is a strong sense of “us” vs “them”. Muslims vs non-Muslims. This makes it very difficult to integrate.

Sexuality - Men vs Women. Need I say more? 

Finally, there is an organization called The Organization of Islamic Cooperation, or OIC, is 57 member organization. Their common bond is Islam. This is only surpassed by UN.  Is there any such organization with other religions? This should tell you Islam is different.  It is a mistake to compare it to the other Abrahamic religions.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

07 January 2015 23:41

Celal - 07 January 2015 10:12 PM

[.  It is a mistake to compare it to the other Abrahamic religions.

yes, perhaps comparing it to the other Abramic ones now at this point in spacetime, but not compared to the time since they were invented - Islam is about 600 years behind -i hope to all the God’s they don’t need all of the 600 years to stop killing each other so then they can stop killing “the others”.
gregory

Celal

Celal
Total Posts:  3142
Joined  07-08-2011

08 January 2015 00:48

Gregoryhhh - 07 January 2015 10:41 PM
Celal - 07 January 2015 10:12 PM

[.  It is a mistake to compare it to the other Abrahamic religions.

yes, perhaps comparing it to the other Abramic ones now at this point in spacetime, but not compared to the time since they were invented - Islam is about 600 years behind -i hope to all the God’s they don’t need all of the 600 years to stop killing each other so then they can stop killing “the others”.
gregory

Agreed with the bold. But what is the value of comparing to something 600 years ago? We are here now. People have far more sophisticated weapons than 600 years ago. The urgency is here. People are getting killed in the Muslims Countries and elsewhere like Paris, London and Madrid Train bombings, etc… Really what is the point of comparison to 600 years ago?  Who on earth has 600 years to wait?  Never understood that.

In Muslim countries, people often use an expression that translates “God knows best”.  When I question them about the value of that expression, they are always stumped. People use that expression when they are stuck for answers. They don’t know what to do, what to say… So, they commonly resort to “God knows best”.  What is the value ? Nothing.

So, you may be a Muslim. smile  Without the perks like virgins in Paradise.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

08 January 2015 01:02

NicLynn - 07 January 2015 06:19 PM

The Nazis were a brief but exceptionally intense manifestation of evil.  Do you realize that their evil reign lasted basically 12 years, from 1933 to 1945?  Most of their real evil was done from 1939-1945, in less than 6 years.  Then they were swept from history.  Islam has been around for 1400 years and is more entrenched and powerful than Nazism ever hoped to be.  It is spreading.  Hitler would only wish that he had the loyal base that Islam has - approaching 2 billion strong.  If given full power to express their desires, there would be no Jews, Christians, or Atheists.  There would be no Hindus, Buddhists, or Satanists.  All would be put to the sword.  Fundamentalist Islam has been building a base for centuries for a final assault on free humanity.  Christianity and Judaism were essentially rid of their violent nature (except for a few nuts) years ago.  Islam is in full bloom.  You need to wake up.

By the way, how did we get rid of German Nazis and their Axis allies??  We blew the shit out of them.

[ Edited: 08 January 2015 01:12 by EN]

1 2 3 >  Last ›