< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›

Fuck Islam and fuck Mohammed

Poldano

Poldano
Total Posts:  3333
Joined  26-01-2010

08 January 2015 04:43

I think not.

WIth all due respect, I can imagine far more enjoyable fucks.

tongue wink

sojourner

sojourner
Total Posts:  5970
Joined  09-11-2012

08 January 2015 12:23

EN - 08 January 2015 12:02 AM

If given full power to express their desires, there would be no Jews, Christians, or Atheists.  There would be no Hindus, Buddhists, or Satanists.  All would be put to the sword.  Fundamentalist Islam has been building a base for centuries for a final assault on free humanity.  Christianity and Judaism were essentially rid of their violent nature (except for a few nuts) years ago.  Islam is in full bloom.  You need to wake up.

By the way, how did we get rid of German Nazis and their Axis allies??  We blew the shit out of them.

Oh for God’s sakes. This is why the world needs more female leaders. Although perhaps this is unfair, Y-chromosomes have been responsible for protecting communities of primates for eons and such perceptions are likely a result of males getting stuck with that job, so while I disagree, thank you for the historical evolutionary service that led to such thinking.

There are some thuggish Muslim gangs in the world at the moment. There are also many, many, thuggish groups in the world killing people right now. The majority of Muslims are nice enough people, thankfully, even though those living in third world countries have, unsurprisingly, third world perceptions.

[ Edited: 08 January 2015 12:27 by sojourner]

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Total Posts:  19830
Joined  20-07-2007

08 January 2015 12:38

Oh for God’s sakes. This is why the world needs more female leaders. Although perhaps this is unfair, Y-chromosomes have been responsible for protecting communities of primates for eons and such perceptions are likely a result of males getting stuck with that job, so while I disagree, thank you for the historical evolutionary service that led to such thinking.

Try that in a Muslim country.  They get shot.

sojourner

sojourner
Joined  09-11-2012

08 January 2015 12:49

That’s actually not true of all Muslim countries, Dennis, but I don’t get your point either way regarding my post. I wasn’t saying Muslim culture is entirely unproblematic or beyond criticism, rather that I don’t think they’re preparing to take over the world Doctor Doom style.

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Joined  20-07-2007

08 January 2015 13:05

NicLynn - 08 January 2015 11:49 AM

That’s actually not true of all Muslim countries, Dennis, but I don’t get your point either way regarding my post. I wasn’t saying Muslim culture is entirely unproblematic or beyond criticism, rather that I don’t think they’re preparing to take over the world Doctor Doom style.

Actually, that exactly what ISIS claims to want.  Do you know of any Muslim country in which women are leaders?

sojourner

sojourner
Joined  09-11-2012

08 January 2015 13:13

Dennis Campbell - 08 January 2015 12:05 PM

Actually, that exactly what ISIS claims to want.  Do you know of any Muslim country in which women are leaders?

Google it. There are Muslim women in politics and leadership roles.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3322
Joined  26-03-2013

08 January 2015 13:51

NicLynn - 08 January 2015 12:13 PM
Dennis Campbell - 08 January 2015 12:05 PM

Google it. There are Muslim women in politics and leadership roles.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benazir_Bhutto

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Joined  20-07-2007

08 January 2015 14:09

Nine years later, in 2007, she returned to Pakistan, having reached an understanding with President Pervez Musharraf, who granted her amnesty and withdrew all corruption charges against her. Bhutto was assassinated in a bombing on 27 December 2007, after leaving PPP’s last rally in Rawalpindi, two weeks before the scheduled 2008 general election in which she was a leading opposition candidate. She was the recipient of United Nations Prize in the Field of Human Rights,[3] Legion of Honour, Order of Ouissam Alaouite and has been submitted into the Academy of Achievement.[4]

sojourner

sojourner
Joined  09-11-2012

08 January 2015 14:28

Again, Dennis, point? If it’s that it’s bad to assassinate people, yes, I agree, but this does not make a case that all Muslims = Isis and Al-Qaeda. If that were the case, they wouldn’t have had female leaders to begin with.

Which brings me back to my original conclusion - one wants to monitor and check thuggish, tribal groups within any population, without equating the entire population to a thuggish, tribal group.

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Joined  20-07-2007

08 January 2015 14:43

NicLynn - 08 January 2015 01:28 PM

Again, Dennis, point? If it’s that it’s bad to assassinate people, yes, I agree, but this does not make a case that all Muslims = Isis and Al-Qaeda. If that were the case, they wouldn’t have had female leaders to begin with.

Which brings me back to my original conclusion - one wants to monitor and check thuggish, tribal groups within any population, without equating the entire population to a thuggish, tribal group.

Islam, as a cultural belief system, seems much more conducive to “thuggish” behavior being justified by that belief system.  Agree, there’s always thugs in any society, but they’re not usually applauded by religious leaders, as they are by some Muslim religious leaders.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17606
Joined  15-02-2008

08 January 2015 14:44

The point is she was killed simply for being a women in a mans position in a Muslim country, because that IS Islam. Nor does finding a few women in government in Muslim counties equate to that being the norm, it’s the exception.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3322
Joined  26-03-2013

08 January 2015 14:53

I don’t think anyone is suggesting all Muslims are terrorists.  That’s the trouble with having one allornothing argument on this issue when each incident must be carefully observed and taken for what it is.  I think it’s important to look at things the way they are, and not how we want them to be.  I also think it’s wise to educate yourself about the history you seek to debate when you’re debating with those who’ve already done so.

sojourner

sojourner
Joined  09-11-2012

08 January 2015 15:07

GAD - 08 January 2015 01:44 PM

The point is she was killed simply for being a women in a mans position in a Muslim country, because that IS Islam. Nor does finding a few women in government in Muslim counties equate to that being the norm, it’s the exception.

I don’t think anyone knows for certain why she was killed. But I’m certainly not a fan of any religion being used as an organizing principle for society in 2014. However, I think the psychology of demonization - someone did something bad so All Those People are Bad - is not helpful. You can look around and find many, many examples of groups in the world doing awful things, so it’s not like this phenomenon is limited to certain ideologies or religions.

I accept that in a world where demonization does exist, sometimes the best you can hope for is evenly distributed demonization so that all groups keep each other in check. But I think it’s important to edge towards raising that bar whenever possible.

sojourner

sojourner
Joined  09-11-2012

08 January 2015 15:10

LadyJane - 08 January 2015 01:53 PM

I don’t think anyone is suggesting all Muslims are terrorists.  That’s the trouble with having one allornothing argument on this issue when each incident must be carefully observed and taken for what it is.  I think it’s important to look at things the way they are, and not how we want them to be.  I also think it’s wise to educate yourself about the history you seek to debate when you’re debating with those who’ve already done so.

Who are you trying to convince of something, LJ?

SkepticX

SkepticX
Total Posts:  14817
Joined  24-12-2004

08 January 2015 16:21

NicLynn - 08 January 2015 02:10 PM
LadyJane - 08 January 2015 01:53 PM

Who are you trying to convince of something, LJ?

From what I can tell she’s trying to convince you to be more intellectually and rhetorically responsible.

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›