Project to Help Secular Activists in Danger

freethinker26

freethinker26
Total Posts:  1
Joined  31-05-2015

31 May 2015 03:30

I am currently working on a project partnered with the Global Secular Humanist Movement designed to help secular activists who are facing death, jail, or danger from their surrounding communities. The detailed outline for the project of the file is too large to be attached here, so please contact me if you wish to read it.

The project will be centered around a website. Once a request is received and authenticated, a page with the story and needs of the individual activist. Individuals can view the page and message or donate to the activist. There will be an undisclosed list of volunteers and their skills, and skill aid (lawyers, translators, etc.) will be given on a case by case basis. The project will connect activists in danger to those that have the skills to help them.

Since we do not have the means to create and run an organization, we are looking for an organization such as Project Reason to attach this project to. Please feel free to comment or send a private message to me with any comments or questions.

jdrnd

jdrnd
Total Posts:  5899
Joined  25-08-2009

31 May 2015 17:21

freethinker26 - 31 May 2015 01:30 AM

I am currently working on a project partnered with the Global Secular Humanist Movement designed to help secular activists who are facing death, jail, or danger from their surrounding communities. The detailed outline for the project of the file is too large to be attached here, so please contact me if you wish to read it.

The project will be centered around a website. Once a request is received and authenticated, a page with the story and needs of the individual activist. Individuals can view the page and message or donate to the activist. There will be an undisclosed list of volunteers and their skills, and skill aid (lawyers, translators, etc.) will be given on a case by case basis. The project will connect activists in danger to those that have the skills to help them.

Since we do not have the means to create and run an organization, we are looking for an organization such as Project Reason to attach this project to. Please feel free to comment or send a private message to me with any comments or questions.

The trouble is that there is always 2 sides to a story.  How would we know the truth?

freethinker26

freethinker26
Total Posts:  1
Joined  31-05-2015

31 May 2015 17:28

jdrnd - 31 May 2015 03:21 PM
freethinker26 - 31 May 2015 01:30 AM

The trouble is that there is always 2 sides to a story.  How would we know the truth?

jdrnd, I am not quite sure what you mean, could you elaborate? The truth about what?

Twissel

Twissel
Total Posts:  2874
Joined  19-01-2015

01 June 2015 07:04

A worthy project, I’m, sure, freethinker.

Problem is - we here at the forum are in no position to decide what PR does - you might have to write directly to Sam Harris or one of the other trustees to get any degree of official endorsement.