‹ First  < 9 10 11

A new forum.  What would you propose as operational parameters?

bbearren

bbearren
Total Posts:  3807
Joined  20-11-2013

22 July 2015 22:01

EN - 22 July 2015 06:36 PM

Mario has reappeared as Zora on Forums for Reason.  So if you want more BM, come to Forums, featuring Mario Unchained!.

There are consequences for BM-type forum behavior.

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Total Posts:  19830
Joined  20-07-2007

22 July 2015 22:34

Mario has reappeared as Zora on Forums for Reason.  So if you want more BM, come to Forums, featuring Mario Unchained!.

His chain is about to be pulled. F4R (Forums for Reason) does not tolerate that.  If this “Zora” conducts himself within the guidelines, I don’t care if this is Mario or not.  But never met a convict who didn’t continue the same behavior that got them in prison in the first place.

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  7107
Joined  15-02-2007

23 July 2015 13:35

Agree.  Many of the turns of phrase used by Zora there seem very similar to those of Mario here.

Not interested in another round of mario-esque projection and logical fallacies.

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Joined  20-07-2007

23 July 2015 15:32

Jefe - 23 July 2015 11:35 AM

Agree.  Many of the turns of phrase used by Zora there seem very similar to those of Mario here.

Not interested in another round of mario-esque projection and logical fallacies.

Let me put it this way, I don’t recommend selling him forum “life insurance.”  There’ll be no debate.

bbearren

bbearren
Joined  20-11-2013

09 October 2015 00:15

If perchance someone tries to visit Forums for Reason and gets a “403” error code, it’s the spammers again.  It got hit hard today with a DDoS and the host blocked all access (which they will do routinely in such circumstances).  I got online with support and got the site back online, and have brought out the big(ger) guns for the spammers.

F4R is back online, and a lot of “new users” are going to be seeing the “403” error code by virtue of their IP address range being associated with the DDoS logs.

bbearren

bbearren
Joined  20-11-2013

20 July 2016 06:28

bbearren - 07 July 2015 01:11 AM

I’ve made some format/layout changes to Forums for Reason, looking for a bit more compact structure, but still easy to navigate.
. . .
So, collectively, what do you want?  As I’ve stated earlier in this thread, I’m not doing this for me; I’m doing this for you.  If it works, fine, if it fails, fine, I’ll be satisfied with the effort in either case, and I’m giving it at least a year, so I’m not trying to rush anyone.  Just posting an update.

It has been a little over a year.  SHF has taken the place of PR, and I’ve fulfilled my year of service.

I eliminated the spammers quite some time ago by turning off automatic membership and making it by approval only.  I’m still getting ~20 new requests per day, but a quick check on the IP address and/or email address allows me to reject them easily.

Oh, I’ve also taken away Dennis’ big stick for the time being; he’s just a regular member.  Since I’ve fulfilled my pledge of one year, I have rescinded my pledge to refrain from making any personal posts.

The forum is still up and running, and I’m considering making some changes rather than just taking it offline.  I might turn it into a mirror image of Project Reason.  I haven’t made any decisions yet.

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Joined  20-07-2007

20 July 2016 06:52

bbearren - 20 July 2016 06:28 AM
bbearren - 07 July 2015 01:11 AM

I’ve made some format/layout changes to Forums for Reason, looking for a bit more compact structure, but still easy to navigate.
. . .
So, collectively, what do you want?  As I’ve stated earlier in this thread, I’m not doing this for me; I’m doing this for you.  If it works, fine, if it fails, fine, I’ll be satisfied with the effort in either case, and I’m giving it at least a year, so I’m not trying to rush anyone.  Just posting an update.

It has been a little over a year.  SHF has taken the place of PR, and I’ve fulfilled my year of service.

I eliminated the spammers quite some time ago by turning off automatic membership and making it by approval only.  I’m still getting ~20 new requests per day, but a quick check on the IP address and/or email address allows me to reject them easily.

Oh, I’ve also taken away Dennis’ big stick for the time being; he’s just a regular member.  Since I’ve fulfilled my pledge of one year, I have rescinded my pledge to refrain from making any personal posts.

The forum is still up and running, and I’m considering making some changes rather than just taking it offline.  I might turn it into a mirror image of Project Reason.  I haven’t made any decisions yet.

Hope it works out.

bbearren

bbearren
Joined  20-11-2013

27 July 2016 11:03

I’ve made some minor changes in Forums for Reason, and I’ve purged the non-participant membership.  I inadvertently purged EN (by his F4R ID), and might have gotten one or two others, as well.  Re-register if you so desire.

Membership is by approval only, keeps the spammers out.  I get an email with each registration request and approval is quick and simple.  I have registered as bbearren, and will henceforth participate in posting/replying.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21577
Joined  11-03-2007

27 July 2016 16:30

bbearren - 27 July 2016 11:03 AM

I inadvertently purged EN

Funny, I feel just as constipated as before.

bbearren

bbearren
Joined  20-11-2013

27 July 2016 16:51

EN - 27 July 2016 04:30 PM
bbearren - 27 July 2016 11:03 AM

I inadvertently purged EN

Funny, I feel just as constipated as before.

We all have our limitations.

‹ First  < 9 10 11