< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›

The Jar (This is Not a Normal Thread)

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Total Posts:  2008
Joined  31-08-2014

20 August 2015 20:20

envy me - 19 August 2015 11:38 PM

Welcome back, Mario. If you ever feel up to it, I’d like to discuss house paint with you, especially interior paint and technique. The people at the local stores seem only interested in selling me their stuff and of course these whippersnappers lack the kind of experience you have. It’s a con game, I tell you.

Um, you may not have heard Dave , but i get a residual on ‘whippersnapper’ usage. (just pay through my paypal account #000000042) Besides which, i do also have an interior paint situation - i have 25 year old glossy lead paint in my San Francisco flat, and though i have painted three rooms, i didnt actually remove the old glossy lead paint - um Mario ?- what do i do with rooms already painted, and even more pertinently,  what do i do with the other rooms in order to do it right? Please bill at your normal rate for assholes in the amount of $275 an hour - bill my paypal account #000000042. thanks!

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Total Posts:  4488
Joined  02-04-2011

20 August 2015 20:21

Nhoj, I know you have a single criteria—secular—for seeing value in a person, but you must, in all your wisdom, see what the mental patient Greg is doing above.

If you allow this mentally ill motherfucker to come here and purposefully goad me with his disrespect for the Jesus we all owe, whether you know it or not (he can’t because he’s insane), nothing but respect, then you must allow me to return the favor, as I just did here…for a start.

I’m gonna ream this fool if you don’t put a stop to him first.

Morleyfuck…do something so I can play this game on equal footing with the rest of you.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

20 August 2015 20:24

TheBrotherMario - 19 August 2015 11:01 PM

Before we begin, I have to address the most pressing issue at Project Reason (saralynn’s autobiography is the least):

*! Mario - saralynn is our own very own famous, lovely, talented, and funny, not overconfident friend here - be obnoxious, but be nice to sara.  (as she is in no way a “whippersnapper”)
gregory (not greg)

[ Edited: 21 December 2015 15:04 by Nhoj Morley]

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

20 August 2015 20:33

TheBrotherMario - 20 August 2015 06:21 PM

Nhoj, I know you have a single criteria—secular—for seeing value in a person, but you must, in all your wisdom, see what the mental patient Greg is doing above.

If you allow this mentally ill motherfucker to come here and purposefully goad me with his disrespect for the Jesus we all owe, whether you know it or not (he can’t because he’s insane), nothing but respect, then you must allow me to return the favor, as I just did here…for a start.

Morleyfuck…do something so I can play this game on equal footing with the rest of you.

*! Mario, Jesus is, according to you, about the same thing as the “HolyFucking Ghost”  (should the “f” in Holyfuckinghost be capitalized?) Jesus is the holy ghost and god the fucking father- um, right? You are one of the ones who fall for “In the beginning man created God in his own image” - right?

[ Edited: 21 December 2015 15:04 by Nhoj Morley]

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

20 August 2015 20:47

Um, i’m not sure i got your grammar right, but i am sure i dont understand - perhaps you can rephrase- i’m sure there are others in the class who are too shy to ask you.-  so lemme understand what you are saying (eliminating your parenthetical stuff)  ““If you allow this mentally ill motherfucker to come here and purposefully goad me with his disrespect for the Jesus we all owe, whether you know it or not, nothing but respect, then you must allow me to return the favor, as I just did here…for a start.

*!!

[ Edited: 21 December 2015 15:05 by Nhoj Morley]

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Total Posts:  19830
Joined  20-07-2007

20 August 2015 20:50

Though I dislike BM and/or his theism a great deal, and excluded him from a forum on which I’m a moderator, I see no point in peeing on him nor engaging in repeated insults.  As long as he remains confined here, which I assume is the case, I’ll leave him to foul his own nest.

Ghhh, you’re on your own here.  Doubt you’ll have any great support from the regulars.

[ Edited: 20 August 2015 20:52 by Dennis Campbell]

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

20 August 2015 20:54

Dennis Campbell - 20 August 2015 06:50 PM

Though I dislike BM and/or his theism a great deal, and excluded him from a forum on which I’m a moderator, I see no point in peeing on him nor engaging in repeated insults.  As long as he remains confined here, which I assume is the case, I’ll leave him to foul his own nest.

Is j“jesusfuck” a personal insult to Mario? (I’m just asking, cuz i’m not following)

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

20 August 2015 21:01

Dennis Campbell - 20 August 2015 06:50 PM

Ghhh, you’re on your own here.  Doubt you’ll have any great support from the regulars.

Perhaps i shoulda PM’d this to you, but what did you see as peeing on him or repeated insults - i do value your say.  It cant be jesufuck is it Dr W? I reread the stuff and didnt see any “repeated insults”

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Joined  02-04-2011

21 August 2015 01:34

envy

You won’t match old paint. Period. Get close to the color and square up on certain wall if you don’t wish to paint the complete room.

All makers have a good wall paint. Get the best so you don’t have to paint twice. Roll up and down only with a light overlap of a half roller.

Paint ceiling first (flat), trim second (satin), and walls third (eggshell), taping off baseboards for a clean and sharp finish.

There are exceptions to all this, of course, but this is the professional way to paint a room.

Although I use Sherwin Williams and BenMoore, Home Depot has great paint at a great cost, and the best exterior stain on the market—Behr Waterproofing solid stain.

...Things are going great. It’s my painting season and I’ll never do all the work I have. Thanks for asking.

Good luck with your painting. Get a good 2” angle brush and keep it new. Perdy Clearcut is the best.

nv

nv
Total Posts:  7998
Joined  29-04-2005

21 August 2015 02:45

Thanks much, Mario. I’ve got other questions as well, and I’m happy to get advice from someone I trust. I used to have the most amazing handyman—basically a brilliant engineer/machinist/carpenter/tile guy/roofer/electrician/landscaper—till he died two years ago. He could do everything except HVAC extremely well and dirt cheap, too. But as brilliant a property mechanic as he was, I never felt I could trust him with paint questions.

For now, let’s see where this thread goes. If you’re still in a good mood after a while, I’ll ask you some more questions. Thanks again.

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Joined  02-04-2011

21 August 2015 10:05

envy, I don’t get in moods. Well, of course I get in moods, but they don’t last very long, nor do I sit at the computer and write in one.

Spirituality, true spirituality, is a power beyond the emotional. Very few people have it. And, being a “nice” person at all costs ain’t it. A true spiritual person treats other people with the proper response based upon the truth of the moment, not with a phony facade based upon some fabricated intellectual ideas about “getting along”, “being nice”, or some other third thing.

Project Reason is a place where people with mental problems, people destitue of meaning, people filled with intellectual pride, etc., etc. are welcomed because vocal skeptics are out of place in their own skin and where reality hits the road.

In a word, skepticism breeds lies because it is based upon lies.

I’ll help you with the painting. But don’t think that I’m gonna help you lie to yourself about what is important and true.

Come to “The Jar” knowing what is actually here, not what you want to be here.

Here’s another painting tip: Dunk your brush, slap it on the sides of the pail to get the paint in the bristles, then wipe off (on the wall not the pail to keep the amount of paint moving) the side of the brush that will meet the areas (ceiling, trim) you want to keep paint off of, take long straight strokes to make a straight cut line, and then spread out the paint with light strokes for coverage.

Practice this and after about five years, if you’re talented, you’ll become a good brush man…person. I have only one on my crew, and I still have to go over his work for the final result that makes my work what it is. I learned from the best, and because I loved to paint, I surpassed my teachers. This is the same thing that happened in my spiritual life, for how good we are at something correlates to how much we “love” that something. And, the lack of love is the source of all our failings.

So, everything I will write to you will have this commitment to love attached to it, not a “mood”.

You’re not in Kansas anymore.

[ Edited: 21 August 2015 12:56 by TheBrotherMario]

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Joined  02-04-2011

21 August 2015 10:46

To the point:

Yesterday, one of your own wrote that ” the mystery of human existence” is an “unanswerable question”.

Oh, really.

So our human existence is nothing but a guessing game played out in ignorance in the dark by us fumbling fools subject to a meaningless fate?

Yeah, let’s go with that, ‘cause religious people are killing other people, and philosophy is dead, and theology is just weird, and we’re really smart readers, and spirituality is about pet rocks or something, and stuff like that.

Yeah, let’s write long paragraphs after some google searches. Taking notes is very important, too.

And, above all, let’s not really look into any old traditional answers to “the mystery of human existence”. No. The newfangled is only to be trusted. Why? Because killing philosophy and avoiding theology helped us to focus on mathematics, analytics, and stuff like that.

We’re truly great. We have one “unaswerable question” after the next when it comes to what’s really important, but so what? That’s the way “human existence” is supposed to be. Take our word for it, you meaningless fumbling fools, you.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21692
Joined  11-03-2007

21 August 2015 11:41

The “jesusfuck” comment is purposefully goading.  Serves no purpose and prevents rational discourse.  Mario is acting better than Gregory here.

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Total Posts:  19830
Joined  20-07-2007

21 August 2015 12:03

The “jesusfuck” comment is purposefully goading.  Serves no purpose and prevents rational discourse.  Mario is acting better than Gregory here.

Agree.

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Joined  02-04-2011

21 August 2015 12:09

Thanks for the support, EN. I know it will be hard to support me most of time, but I appreciate this one.

The bigger issue, however, is whether or not a “Christian” has an actual love and relationship with Jesus. For, if a Christian does, then Greg’s “goading” is more than that. It’s a ridicule of a person someone else loves and knows.

For myself, I cannot watch a movie or read a Gospel portraying what Jesus said or did without having many moments of authentic emotions—sometimes I literally keel over in anguish or weep happily at the great reality I understand is being portrayed.

So, it’s more than goading for me, and I imagine for many others.

And, Greg is nuts. His posts riddle the forum and are seldom addressed, but often asked to explain. And, for the life of me, I can’t understand why it goes unnoticed.

Anyway…

Thanks for the support. Now go have fun vacationing, lawyer dude.

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›