< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›

The Jar (This is Not a Normal Thread)

nv

nv
Total Posts:  7998
Joined  29-04-2005

21 August 2015 12:56

TheBrotherMario - 21 August 2015 08:05 AM

envy, I don’t get in moods. Well, of course I get in moods, but they don’t last very long, nor do I sit at the computer and write in one.

Mario, I didn’t mean anything with my comment about your mood, and I didn’t realize you might be sensitive about it.

As for Gregory, I used to see him as being sort of nuts too, but I no longer do. If you still truly see him as being a mental basket case, how is it you’d take offense at his word choices? If he’s nuts, he doesn’t know what he’s doing, right? How can he be expected to understand what’s offensive and what’s normal?

Also, do any of your customers worry about termite infestation?

TheBrotherMario

TheBrotherMario
Total Posts:  4488
Joined  02-04-2011

21 August 2015 13:14

envy, I’m not “sensitive” either. Well, of course I’m sensitive, but not over some word written on the Internet.

And, there are crazy people who are assholes, with the asshole part being more of a choice than not.

And, “word choices”? Now you are now goading. Stop it or you get the hammer.

And, spray your foundation early Spring to keep out all bugs. A termite infestion needs professional attention. If you have one, get a pro, fast.

And, finally, did I mention the “not in Kansas” thing to you? If you’re gonna act like a simple farmer in the dust bowl, you’re in the wrong place.

nv

nv
Joined  29-04-2005

21 August 2015 14:01

TheBrotherMario - 21 August 2015 11:14 AM

. . . spray your foundation early Spring to keep out all bugs. A termite infestion needs professional attention. If you have one, get a pro, fast.

I don’t have one, but I know someone who lives nearby who needed to have lots of work done to an area of his house. I’m concerned because the concrete foundation of my place only pops up an inch or less in some places. I never heard about spraying each Spring. What chemical do you recommend I spray?

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Total Posts:  2008
Joined  31-08-2014

21 August 2015 15:38

TheBrotherMario - 21 August 2015 08:05 AM

Project Reason is a place where people with mental problems, people destitue [sic] of meaning, people filled with intellectual pride, etc., etc. are welcomed because vocal skeptics are out of place in their own skin and where reality hits the road.

Um, yeah, why do you think we repented and let you back in?

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

21 August 2015 15:53

EN - 21 August 2015 09:41 AM
TheBrotherMario - 20 August 2015 06:21 PM

Nhoj, I know you have a single criteria—secular—for seeing value in a person, but you must, in all your wisdom, see what the mental patient Greg is doing above.

If you allow this mentally ill motherfucker to come here and purposefully goad me with his disrespect for the Jesus we all owe, whether you know it or not (he can’t because he’s insane), nothing but respect, then you must allow me to return the favor, as I just did here…for a start.

I’m gonna ream this fool if you don’t put a stop to him first.

Morleyfuck…do something so I can play this game on equal footing with the rest of you.

The “jesusfuck” comment is purposefully goading.  Serves no purpose and prevents rational discourse.  Mario is acting better than Gregory here.

Goad is “provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate some action or reaction.” That happens all the time here. And i would hope to not “unpurposefully” goad anyone.

We are all old enough to have our favorite expletives, some like to use “mentally ill motherfucker,”  or “the mental patient Greg”, or “he’s insane” or ‘Greg is nuts” or “this fool” -as in “I’m gonna ream this fool if you don’t put a stop to him first” -  let’s not bitch and moan about expletives, or goading - jesusfuck!

[ Edited: 21 August 2015 16:54 by Gregoryhhh]

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21490
Joined  11-03-2007

21 August 2015 16:08

I move that Gregory be barred from this thread.  He’s here to cause problems and no other reason.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

21 August 2015 16:31

TheBrotherMario - 21 August 2015 08:46 AM

To the point:

Yesterday, one of your own wrote that ” the mystery of human existence” is an “unanswerable question”.

Oh, really.

So our human existence is nothing but a guessing game played out in ignorance in the dark by us fumbling fools subject to a meaningless fate?

*! Mario, declaring that “the mystery of human existence is an unanswerable question” Is not the same as saying “human existence is nothing but a guessing game played out in ignorance in the dark by us fumbling fools subject to a meaningless fate”

I wonder what the latin word is for that particular fallacy? Though not in latin, is it the strawman fallacy??

[ Edited: 21 December 2015 15:05 by Nhoj Morley]

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

21 August 2015 16:34

envy me - 21 August 2015 10:56 AM

As for Gregory. . .  If you still truly see him as being a mental basket case, how is it you’d take offense at his word choices? If he’s nuts, he doesn’t know what he’s doing, right? How can he be expected to understand what’s offensive and what’s normal?

Funny (not ha ha) that it’s Dave here who treats me like Jesus would (um, Jesus said “father forgive them for they know not what they do”).

nv

nv
Joined  29-04-2005

21 August 2015 16:48

Gregoryhhh - 21 August 2015 02:34 PM

As for Gregory. . .  If you still truly see him as being a mental basket case, how is it you’d take offense at his word choices? If he’s nuts, he doesn’t know what he’s doing, right? How can he be expected to understand what’s offensive and what’s normal?

Funny (not ha ha) that it’s Dave here who treats me like Jesus would (um, Jesus said “father forgive them for they know not what they do”).

Except that you haven’t insulted me at all with your word choices. Bruce and Mario do find them to be offensive, perhaps for good reason. Just sayin’.

This time around, Mario is impressing me with his sensitivity. In the past, he’s seemed somewhat callous but now he’s sensitive even to being referred to as being sensitive—most impressive. My guess is that he’ll now be sensitive to being referred to as being sensitive to being called sensitive. We’ll see.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

21 August 2015 17:16

envy me - 21 August 2015 02:48 PM
Gregoryhhh - 21 August 2015 02:34 PM

Except that you haven’t insulted me at all with your word choices. Bruce and Mario do find them to be offensive, perhaps for good reason. Just sayin’.

Taking offense is a choice - it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else.

Let them choose otherwise. Here’s what their bible tells them to do in Rom 12:14 - Bless those who persecute you [who are cruel in their attitude toward you]; bless and do not curse them.

i am not the least insulted or offended by the following ignorant wailings:

the mental patient Greg
this mentally ill motherfucker
he’s insane
I’m gonna ream this fool if you don’t put a stop to him first.
Greg is nuts

[ Edited: 21 December 2015 15:06 by Nhoj Morley]

nv

nv
Joined  29-04-2005

21 August 2015 17:21

That’s fine, Gregory. But you still risk being told not to post insulting word choices in this thread at least.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Joined  31-08-2014

21 August 2015 17:34

envy me - 21 August 2015 03:21 PM

That’s fine, Gregory. But you still risk being told not to post insulting word choices in this thread at least.

I’d be happy and interested to read the list of “insulting words” to not post in this thread.

[ Edited: 21 August 2015 17:37 by Gregoryhhh]

bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol
Total Posts:  5614
Joined  05-04-2006

21 August 2015 17:55

Gregoryhhh - 21 August 2015 03:34 PM
envy me - 21 August 2015 03:21 PM

I’d be happy and interested to read the list of “insulting words” to not post in this thread.

It’s not the word, it’s the crass, stupid, and abrupt way you use it. As well as the tiresome frequency and regularity.

Give it a fucking rest.

bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol
Total Posts:  5614
Joined  05-04-2006

21 August 2015 17:58

envy me - 21 August 2015 12:01 PM
TheBrotherMario - 21 August 2015 11:14 AM

. . . spray your foundation early Spring to keep out all bugs. A termite infestion needs professional attention. If you have one, get a pro, fast.

I don’t have one, but I know someone who lives nearby who needed to have lots of work done to an area of his house. I’m concerned because the concrete foundation of my place only pops up an inch or less in some places. I never heard about spraying each Spring. What chemical do you recommend I spray?

Mario certainly knows more than me, but perhaps let a professional do it? You could do it as part of a deal where you also get a professional inspection, and also for no other reason than who wants to store any leftover chemicals in their house year-round.

I do know not to store firewood right by the foundation. Also avoid that stupid mulch around trees—that’s just asking termites to move into your yard.

nv

nv
Joined  29-04-2005

21 August 2015 17:58

Gregoryhhh - 21 August 2015 03:34 PM

Apparently, I was mistaken in my assessment of you.

< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›