1 2 3 >  Last ›

Ashley Madison hacked data released

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9712
Joined  20-10-2006

19 August 2015 16:36

I give the hackers credit for keeping their promise to release the names of the people who signed up at the adultery web site Ashley Madison if the web site wasn’t taken down. 

“Avid Life Media has failed to take down Ashley Madison and Established Men,” Impact Team wrote in a statement Tuesday. “We have explained the fraud, deceit, and stupidity of ALM and their members. Now everyone gets to see their data. ... Keep in mind the site is a scam with thousands of fake female profiles. See ashley madison [sic] fake profile lawsuit; 90-95% of actual users are male. Chances are your man signed up on the world’s biggest affair site, but never had one. He just tried to. If that distinction matters.”

The statement continued, “Find yourself in here? It was ALM that failed you and lied to you. Prosecute them and claim damages. Then move on with your life. Learn your lesson and make amends. Embarrassing now, but you’ll get over it.”

Is anyone here worried?

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Total Posts:  19830
Joined  20-07-2007

19 August 2015 16:47

Skipshot - 19 August 2015 02:36 PM

I give the hackers credit for keeping their promise to release the names of the people who signed up at the adultery web site Ashley Madison if the web site wasn’t taken down. 

“Avid Life Media has failed to take down Ashley Madison and Established Men,” Impact Team wrote in a statement Tuesday. “We have explained the fraud, deceit, and stupidity of ALM and their members. Now everyone gets to see their data. ... Keep in mind the site is a scam with thousands of fake female profiles. See ashley madison [sic] fake profile lawsuit; 90-95% of actual users are male. Chances are your man signed up on the world’s biggest affair site, but never had one. He just tried to. If that distinction matters.”

The statement continued, “Find yourself in here? It was ALM that failed you and lied to you. Prosecute them and claim damages. Then move on with your life. Learn your lesson and make amends. Embarrassing now, but you’ll get over it.”

Is anyone here worried?

I used EN’s name, so I’m safe.

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Total Posts:  2008
Joined  31-08-2014

19 August 2015 16:52

Dennis Campbell - 19 August 2015 02:47 PM

Is anyone here worried?

That’s funny Dennis. (your sense of humor seems to be working ok during your tribulation - that is one good thing in the midst of it all)

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17780
Joined  15-02-2008

19 August 2015 17:19

I consider the hackers to be human garbage terrorists. Creating (except for unwanted babies) is hard, destruction is easy and these pieces of shit can’t do anything but destroy. But they are such whining pathetic fucking cowards to call themselves terrorists so they try and claim that they did it for god or to save the children, or morality.

SkepticX

SkepticX
Total Posts:  14817
Joined  24-12-2004

19 August 2015 17:35

Dennis Campbell - 19 August 2015 02:47 PM

Is anyone here worried?

Whew!

I’m sure glad now I was using yours!

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

19 August 2015 17:38

GAD - 19 August 2015 03:19 PM

I consider the hackers to be human garbage terrorists. Creating (except for unwanted babies) is hard, destruction is easy and these pieces of shit can’t do anything but destroy. But they are such whining pathetic fucking cowards to call themselves terrorists so they try and claim that they did it for god or to save the children, or morality.

Does this mean your name is on the list?

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Joined  20-07-2007

19 August 2015 17:40

Whew!

Somehow I knew someone would do that, likely EN.  Once again, stabbed in the back!

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

19 August 2015 17:45

Skipshot - 19 August 2015 03:38 PM

Nope. It just means I am tired of terrorist hackers fucking up peoples lives and pretending that they are anything other then the lowly pieces of human garbage that they are.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Joined  20-10-2006

19 August 2015 17:51

I am certainly not on the hackers’ side in this case.  They are criminals and deserve whatever lawful punishment they get.  On the other hand, this episode is a good lesson to be careful about vulnerabilities in one’s sneaking around.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

19 August 2015 17:54

Skipshot - 19 August 2015 03:51 PM

I am certainly not on the hackers’ side in this case.  They are criminals and deserve whatever lawful punishment they get.  On the other hand, this episode is a good lesson to be careful about vulnerabilities in one’s sneaking around.

Agreed.

SkepticX

SkepticX
Total Posts:  14817
Joined  24-12-2004

19 August 2015 18:07

Dennis Campbell - 19 August 2015 03:40 PM

Whew!

Somehow I knew someone would do that, likely EN.  Once again, stabbed in the back!

Nah ... you’re safe.

Nothing ever happened ... I used your picture too.

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  7135
Joined  15-02-2007

19 August 2015 18:07

I wonder how many Don Draper’s are registered….  wink

(but not enough to go look or anything….)

nv

nv
Total Posts:  7998
Joined  29-04-2005

19 August 2015 18:10

Yet another case where some level of paranoia is shown to be wise. I provide my name to almost no one online. I give a pass to Amazon because I figure they know how to treat their employees well. None of them will ever have any reason to . . . wait—I just noticed a news article. I’ll return to this issue later. Sorry.

Dennis Campbell

Dennis Campbell
Joined  20-07-2007

19 August 2015 18:16

Nah ... you’re safe.

So glad I’ve been using EN’s photo for years

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Total Posts:  2008
Joined  31-08-2014

19 August 2015 19:11

SkepticX - 19 August 2015 04:07 PM
Dennis Campbell - 19 August 2015 03:40 PM

Whew!

Nah ... you’re safe.

you probably shouldn’t of used his picture. (sorry, but i did see a pic, it actually scary)

[ Edited: 19 August 2015 19:14 by Gregoryhhh]

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  6828
Joined  08-12-2006

19 August 2015 21:06

Skipshot - 19 August 2015 03:38 PM

Ha ha, that was my first thought too.

1 2 3 >  Last ›