Ashley Madison hacked data released

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  7481
Joined  15-02-2007

26 August 2015 13:28

Skipshot - 25 August 2015 11:50 PM
Jefe - 24 August 2015 08:17 PM

Well, some places in the Arab Block are using leaked account info to lock up gays.

What about the adulterers?  Jeez, that’s a violation of the 10 Commandments.

It’s a good bet that some of that is being punished too.

Noteworthy are so many evangelical ‘victims’ of the outing begging for forgiveness, and claiming the same from on high.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  18127
Joined  15-02-2008

27 August 2015 14:53

Jefe

Jefe
Total Posts:  7481
Joined  15-02-2007

27 August 2015 17:04

GAD - 27 August 2015 12:53 PM

Very interesting analysis of the stolen data. 

Ashley Madison Data Reveals That Majority of Women on the Site Were Fake

The more detailed report.

Almost None of the Women in the Ashley Madison Database Ever Used the Site

Interesting.
On the second point, I wonder if these users were ‘researching’ out of more than just passing curiosity?

On the first point, I’m not entirely surprised.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

27 August 2015 17:10

Jefe - 27 August 2015 03:04 PM
GAD - 27 August 2015 12:53 PM

Very interesting analysis of the stolen data. 

Ashley Madison Data Reveals That Majority of Women on the Site Were Fake

The more detailed report.

Almost None of the Women in the Ashley Madison Database Ever Used the Site

Interesting.
On the second point, I wonder if these users were ‘researching’ out of more than just passing curiosity?

On the first point, I’m not entirely surprised.

That is what this article is suggesting.

https://www.yahoo.com/health/why-women-didnt-actually-use-ashley-madison-127717676167.html

Gregoryhhh

Gregoryhhh
Total Posts:  2008
Joined  31-08-2014

28 August 2015 17:11

From the gal who crunched the numbers - Annalee Newitz’s article in Gizmoda :

Almost None of the Women in the Ashley Madison Database Ever Used the Site.

When hacker group Impact Team released the Ashley Madison data, they asserted that “thousands” of the women’s profiles were fake. Later, this number got blown up in news stories that asserted “90-95%” of them were fake, though nobody put forth any evidence for such an enormous number. So I downloaded the data and analyzed it to find out how many actual women were using Ashley Madison, and who they were.

What I discovered was that the world of Ashley Madison was a far more dystopian place than anyone had realized. This isn’t a debauched wonderland of men cheating on their wives. It isn’t even a sadscape of 31 million men competing to attract those 5.5 million women in the database. Instead, it’s like a science fictional future where every woman on Earth is dead, and some Dilbert-like engineer has replaced them with badly-designed robots.

Overall, the picture is grim indeed. Out of 5.5 million female accounts, roughly zero percent had ever shown any kind of activity at all, after the day they were created. Fewer than 1,500 ever checked their inbox. (That’s an incredibly small number of active users when compared with the 31 million accounts belonging to men.)

The men’s accounts tell a story of lively engagement with the site, with over 20 million men hopefully looking at their inboxes, and over 10 million of them initiating chats. The women’s accounts show so little activity that they might as well not be there.

http://gizmodo.com/almost-none-of-the-women-in-the-ashley-madison-database-1725558944

[ Edited: 28 August 2015 17:16 by Gregoryhhh]

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10273
Joined  20-10-2006

30 August 2015 13:40

The last two posts seem to confirm the hackers’ note from the OP:

“Avid Life Media has failed to take down Ashley Madison and Established Men,” Impact Team wrote in a statement Tuesday. “We have explained the fraud, deceit, and stupidity of ALM and their members. Now everyone gets to see their data. ... Keep in mind the site is a scam with thousands of fake female profiles. See ashley madison [sic] fake profile lawsuit; 90-95% of actual users are male. Chances are your man signed up on the world’s biggest affair site, but never had one. He just tried to. If that distinction matters.”

The statement continued, “Find yourself in here? It was ALM that failed you and lied to you. Prosecute them and claim damages. Then move on with your life. Learn your lesson and make amends. Embarrassing now, but you’ll get over it.”

So the hackers illegally exposed a fraud.  I’ll give the hackers points for not extorting money from Avid Life Media, but I still won’t let them off the hook.  But this brings up a question, did Avid Life Media do anything illegal?

EN

EN
Total Posts:  22030
Joined  11-03-2007

30 August 2015 13:44

If they wanted to expose a fraud, they should have given the info to the authorities or to the men who were deceived.  By making it public they committed greater wrongs than AM. I would sue them for invasion of privacy.

As far as actual affairs go, Josh Duggar apparently scored on AM.  What’s he got that the others don’t?  Oh yeah, fame and money.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

30 August 2015 16:42

EN - 30 August 2015 11:44 AM

If they wanted to expose a fraud, they should have given the info to the authorities or to the men who were deceived.  By making it public they committed greater wrongs than AM. I would sue them for invasion of privacy.

As far as actual affairs go, Josh Duggar apparently scored on AM.  What’s he got that the others don’t?  Oh yeah, fame and money.

Yeah, what a bunch of moralistic bullshit. They released the names (freeing consenting adults)  publicly as an act of terror to get what they wanted.  I would guess they got rejected on the site and wanted revenge.

If I were AM I would offer 1 million dollar in bit coins for the verified name, address, pic and personal info on each terrorist that someone posts on the internet. And I would set up a 10 million dollar defense and family fund to support anyone who felt compelled to to revenge on them.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

08 September 2015 01:41

Getting closer. They are going after the hosting sites that the douchebag media and bloggers got the data from but not the douchebag media and bloggers yet, nor anything on the terrorists, looks like money is all they care about. 

Amazon and GoDaddy are being sued over the Ashley Madison data leak

bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol
Total Posts:  5616
Joined  05-04-2006

09 September 2015 13:58

I hope the hackers are happy.

Pastor Outed In Ashley Madison Hack Commits Suicide

His wife was willing to forgive him, but the shame of having this made public—and the very real possibility of losing his job—was more than he could bear.

Fucking sanctimonious assholes. I hope they got caught, and I hope they go to prison.

‹ First  < 3 4 5