GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  18127
Joined  15-02-2008

13 October 2017 22:39

MARTIN_UK - 13 October 2017 08:40 PM
GAD - 13 October 2017 06:28 PM
EN - 13 October 2017 06:15 PM

Going to Seattle Sunday for a Risk Managment seminar (sounds exciting, right!).  Staying at the Westin.  Planning at least one lunch at Pike Place Market, one dinner at Blueacre Seafood, and one at Purple.  I like Seattle - I’ve never been up the Space Needle but I will go this time.

I was there a couple months back and stayed at the Westin as well. We have corporate offices in the high rise a block or two from the market and I just walked everywhere, it was very nice.

I might just walk where ever I fancy tomorrow… the street path beach bitch sucking ice cream or just not… however I feel.
I might even eat cereal. So there.

You biked Scotland, so you have that to think about while you eat your cereal. Hell I think about it when I eat my cereal.

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21959
Joined  11-03-2007

14 October 2017 18:51

GAD - 13 October 2017 06:28 PM
EN - 13 October 2017 06:15 PM

Going to Seattle Sunday for a Risk Managment seminar (sounds exciting, right!).  Staying at the Westin.  Planning at least one lunch at Pike Place Market, one dinner at Blueacre Seafood, and one at Purple.  I like Seattle - I’ve never been up the Space Needle but I will go this time.

I was there a couple months back and stayed at the Westin as well. We have corporate offices in the high rise a block or two from the market and I just walked everywhere, it was very nice.

Yeah, pretty easy to get around there.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

18 November 2017 07:52

We booked the LBJ Suite at the Driskill Hotel in Austin tonight - going with the grandkids.  Check it out on their website.  We’ll pretend to be rich for 24 hours.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

24 May 2018 19:34

Tomorrow I’m leaving for a camping trip in Big Bend National Park with my son-in-law and 12 year-old grandson.  Friday is a traveling day - 8 hour drive, find a campsite in the Chisos Mountains Basin (hopefully) and sleep.  Saturday is slated for a 14 mile hike to the South Rim and back.  On Sunday the plan is to drive the 50 mile River Road through the desert.  Monday is the return drive.  The forecast for Sunday is 107 Degrees in the desert, so we will have to take it easy over the rough gravel road in my trusty F-150.  If the road is too rough we may have to change plans.  I want my grandson to see the roughest area of Texas before Trump spends billions building a wall and destroying the view in this remote environment.  It’s Federal land, so Trump has few roadblocks in his attempt to destroy my state and cede land to Mexico.  The only hope is flipping at least one house of Congress in November.

I love the Big Bend country.  I’ve been going there since I was a kid, and my grandson is starting to get the bug.  We camped there last summer, too.  The South Rim hike will give him a chance to prove himself, and that excites me.  I remember a hike there in 1982 when my brother-in law and I saw (and heard) a Peregrine falcon diving toward its prey.  It can reach air speeds of 130 mph and sounds like a jet plane when it dives.  The Chisos Mtns is home to a number of them.

The sky at night in the West Texas desert is beyond belief.  You can see stars that are never visible closer to civilization.  If you get a chance to go there before Trump cuts off our access to our own river, take it.

bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol
Total Posts:  5616
Joined  05-04-2006

12 June 2018 11:52

EN - 24 May 2018 07:34 PM

Tomorrow I’m leaving for a camping trip in Big Bend National Park with my son-in-law and 12 year-old grandson.  Friday is a traveling day - 8 hour drive, find a campsite in the Chisos Mountains Basin (hopefully) and sleep.  Saturday is slated for a 14 mile hike to the South Rim and back.  On Sunday the plan is to drive the 50 mile River Road through the desert.  Monday is the return drive.  The forecast for Sunday is 107 Degrees in the desert, so we will have to take it easy over the rough gravel road in my trusty F-150.  If the road is too rough we may have to change plans.  I want my grandson to see the roughest area of Texas before Trump spends billions building a wall and destroying the view in this remote environment.  It’s Federal land, so Trump has few roadblocks in his attempt to destroy my state and cede land to Mexico.  The only hope is flipping at least one house of Congress in November.

I love the Big Bend country.  I’ve been going there since I was a kid, and my grandson is starting to get the bug.  We camped there last summer, too.  The South Rim hike will give him a chance to prove himself, and that excites me.  I remember a hike there in 1982 when my brother-in law and I saw (and heard) a Peregrine falcon diving toward its prey.  It can reach air speeds of 130 mph and sounds like a jet plane when it dives.  The Chisos Mtns is home to a number of them.

The sky at night in the West Texas desert is beyond belief.  You can see stars that are never visible closer to civilization.  If you get a chance to go there before Trump cuts off our access to our own river, take it.

The Nebraska Sandhills have a similarly great view.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

04 July 2018 09:59

Hanging out in Hay- on -Wye, Wales, on the English border, for a week. Leaving Saturday for home.  No car - everything is walking distance - pubs, restaurants, bookstores, the Wye River, hills to hike up.  We have a little apartment on a walking street. We saw England defeat Columbia last night in a pub.  Most here are fine with the English, but there are a few Welsh contrarians.  My wife picked this place for the books.  Very relaxing.

Found a local gym - the trainer is a 56 year-old woman who had me doing boxing yesterday and ballet today.  No tutu, and my pirouette really sucks.  I had to lift some weights after that to get my man-card back.

[ Edited: 04 July 2018 10:02 by EN]

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3529
Joined  21-10-2016

04 July 2018 10:38

EN - 04 July 2018 09:59 AM

Hanging out in Hay- on -Wye, Wales, on the English border, for a week. Leaving Saturday for home.  No car - everything is walking distance - pubs, restaurants, bookstores, the Wye River, hills to hike up.  We have a little apartment on a walking street. We saw England defeat Columbia last night in a pub.  Most here are fine with the English, but there are a few Welsh contrarians.  My wife picked this place for the books.  Very relaxing.

Found a local gym - the trainer is a 56 year-old woman who had me doing boxing yesterday and ballet today.  No tutu, and my pirouette really sucks.  I had to lift some weights after that to get my man-card back.

Sounds like a great holiday.

And thanks for the mental picture of a ‘senior’ Texan lawyer en pointe; you just made my day!

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

04 July 2018 11:40

Jan_CAN - 04 July 2018 10:38 AM

And thanks for the mental picture of a ‘senior’ Texan lawyer en pointe; you just made my day!

Ballet is hard!!

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

04 July 2018 12:34

EN - 04 July 2018 11:40 AM

Ballet is hard!!

Yeah ... it’s not for sissies.  And it’s sexy - like Mikhail Baryshnikov in his prime.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

04 July 2018 23:35

Jan_CAN - 04 July 2018 12:34 PM
EN - 04 July 2018 11:40 AM

Ballet is hard!!

Yeah ... it’s not for sissies.  And it’s sexy - like Mikhail Baryshnikov in his prime.

Believe me, if I wore tights, it would NOT be sexy.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

07 August 2018 11:41

Just booked a reservation in Quebec City for Restaurant l’Initiale.  Then I looked at the prices.  Can someone spare a few hundred?  You don’t want me to have dinner without a glass of wine, do you?  Quelle horreur!!

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

07 August 2018 13:02

EN - 07 August 2018 11:41 AM

Just booked a reservation in Quebec City for Restaurant l’Initiale.  Then I looked at the prices.  Can someone spare a few hundred?  You don’t want me to have dinner without a glass of wine, do you?  Quelle horreur!!

You’re supposed to look at the prices before you make the booking ... sheesh.  (Booking first must be a rich person thing, eh?)

And don’t forget that your dollar’s worth about $1.30 up here.

Good job on the French though.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

08 August 2018 08:35

Jan_CAN - 07 August 2018 01:02 PM

You’re supposed to look at the prices before you make the booking ... sheesh.  (Booking first must be a rich person thing, eh?)

Not rich, just on vacation and wanting to try something different.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

08 August 2018 08:48

EN - 08 August 2018 08:35 AM
Jan_CAN - 07 August 2018 01:02 PM

Not rich, just on vacation and wanting to try something different.

(I hope you know I was just kidding before.)
If I’m remembering correctly, you’ve made several trips to Canada but not to Quebec.  I hope you have a wonderful time, including trying some nice wines.
Bon voyage.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10193
Joined  20-10-2006

08 August 2018 08:52

Get you meal for free with the old mouse-turd-in-the-salad trick.

< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›