Ecurb’s Travels

EN

EN
Total Posts:  21959
Joined  11-03-2007

08 August 2018 08:57

Skipshot - 08 August 2018 08:52 AM
EN - 07 August 2018 11:41 AM

Just booked a reservation in Quebec City for Restaurant l’Initiale.  Then I looked at the prices.  Can someone spare a few hundred?  You don’t want me to have dinner without a glass of wine, do you?  Quelle horreur!!

Get you meal for free with the old mouse-turd-in-the-salad trick.

Excellent suggestion!  How do you say “mouse turd” in French?

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10193
Joined  20-10-2006

08 August 2018 12:14

EN - 08 August 2018 08:57 AM
Skipshot - 08 August 2018 08:52 AM
EN - 07 August 2018 11:41 AM

Just booked a reservation in Quebec City for Restaurant l’Initiale.  Then I looked at the prices.  Can someone spare a few hundred?  You don’t want me to have dinner without a glass of wine, do you?  Quelle horreur!!

Get you meal for free with the old mouse-turd-in-the-salad trick.

Excellent suggestion!  How do you say “mouse turd” in French?

Have your wife scream; the meaning is universal.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3529
Joined  21-10-2016

10 August 2018 09:29

EN, I noticed on your drinking thread that it’s tomorrow that you leave for Quebec City.  As you may know, we’ve ordered some nice weather for you (not too cool so you won’t get a chill).  Might be some rain midweek though - couldn’t be helped (sorry).

It’ll be 81F tomorrow, in the low 80’s most of the week, dropping down to the high 70’s later in the week.

Have fun!

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/quebec/quebec

[ Edited: 10 August 2018 09:35 by Jan_CAN]

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

10 August 2018 10:11

Jan_CAN - 10 August 2018 09:29 AM

EN, I noticed on your drinking thread that it’s tomorrow that you leave for Quebec City.  As you may know, we’ve ordered some nice weather for you (not too cool so you won’t get a chill).  Might be some rain midweek though - couldn’t be helped (sorry).

It’ll be 81F tomorrow, in the low 80’s most of the week, dropping down to the high 70’s later in the week.

Have fun!

Thanks, I appreciate it. I’ll try not to read anymore about the shootings.  Of course, being from Texas, we have our share of those. Nothing like Chicago, however.

We are actually hitting 5 Canadian cities: Niagra Falls, Ottawa, Quebec City, Montreal and Toronto, in that order. I’ve previously been only to Toronto for an overnight stay.  I have spent time in Winnipeg and several places in Alberta and British Columbia, including a visit with Burt in Victoria. Canada is great, from all I can see.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

10 August 2018 10:49

EN - 10 August 2018 10:11 AM
Jan_CAN - 10 August 2018 09:29 AM

Have fun!

Thanks, I appreciate it. I’ll try not to read anymore about the shootings.  Of course, being from Texas, we have our share of those. Nothing like Chicago, however.

We are actually hitting 5 Canadian cities: Niagra Falls, Ottawa, Quebec City, Montreal and Toronto, in that order. I’ve previously been only to Toronto for an overnight stay.  I have spent time in Winnipeg and several places in Alberta and British Columbia, including a visit with Burt in Victoria. Canada is great, from all I can see.

Sounds like a great and busy trip.
(I’ve yet to visit Alberta and BC as you’ve already done, but hope to soon.)

As you may realize, you can just change the location (top right corner) on the above weather link for the days you’ll be in each location.  (I put it in Fahrenheit for you; I hope it stayed toggled that way).

Maybe, if you have the time and the means, you’ll post highlights or fill us in when you get home.
At least tell us what you’re drinking, eh?

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  18127
Joined  15-02-2008

10 August 2018 11:29

Make sure to take advantage of the free healthcare while you are there smile

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

10 August 2018 12:25

GAD - 10 August 2018 11:29 AM

Make sure to take advantage of the free healthcare while you are there smile

I’ll probably need it if I get shot or too drunk.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

12 August 2018 18:20

Last night in Niagra Falls, Ontario.  Falls are phenomenal.  Rest of area is like the most crowded carnival you’ve ever been in.

Tonight we are eating in Byward Market in Ottawa, then walking over to Parliament Hill to get some night photos.  Then we are having drinks with Justin Trudeau and I’m going to patch up relations between our countries.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  18127
Joined  15-02-2008

12 August 2018 18:39

EN - 12 August 2018 06:20 PM

Last night in Niagra Falls, Ontario.  Falls are phenomenal.  Rest of area is like the most crowded carnival you’ve ever been in.

Tonight we are eating in Byward Market in Ottawa, then walking over to Parliament Hill to get some night photos.  Then we are having drinks with Justin Trudeau and I’m going to patch up relations between our countries.

Nice! Tell Justin everyone says hey.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10193
Joined  20-10-2006

12 August 2018 22:22

GAD - 12 August 2018 06:39 PM
EN - 12 August 2018 06:20 PM

Nice! Tell Justin everyone says hey.

I heard a sixer of Molson goes a long way with Canadians.

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

13 August 2018 05:45

Had a great talk with Justin last night. Of course, there is no transcript and I can’t tell you what was said. But trust me, we solved everything.  It was the greatest meeting in history. Any reports to the contrary are Fake News!  Disgusting!

Today, on to Quebec to solve more problems.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

13 August 2018 06:21

EN - 13 August 2018 05:45 AM

Had a great talk with Justin last night. Of course, there is no transcript and I can’t tell you what was said. But trust me, we solved everything.  It was the greatest meeting in history. Any reports to the contrary are Fake News!  Disgusting!

That’s great news!

Just curious ... are you travelling up here by bus/train or did you rent a car?

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

13 August 2018 08:49

Jan_CAN - 13 August 2018 06:21 AM

That’s great news!

We rented a car in Buffalo, NY.  Flew to Buffalo from Austin, TX (one plane change in Chicago).

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Joined  21-10-2016

13 August 2018 09:24

EN - 13 August 2018 08:49 AM

That’s great news!

We rented a car in Buffalo, NY.  Flew to Buffalo from Austin, TX (one plane change in Chicago).

I’m sure renting a car was the smart move – such a busy schedule might have been difficult working around bus/train schedules.  Also, if you have to stop and ask for directions in Quebec, perhaps they’ll be less likely to expect you to speak French with the New York plates.  But then again, Justin might have taught you some key French phrases, eh?

EN

EN
Joined  11-03-2007

13 August 2018 16:29

Jan_CAN - 13 August 2018 09:24 AM
EN - 13 August 2018 08:49 AM

That’s great news!

I’m sure renting a car was the smart move – such a busy schedule might have been difficult working around bus/train schedules.  Also, if you have to stop and ask for directions in Quebec, perhaps they’ll be less likely to expect you to speak French with the New York plates.  But then again, Justin might have taught you some key French phrases, eh?

Mais bien sur!

‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›