Louis CK’s Horace and Pete series

nonverbal

nonverbal
Total Posts:  1900
Joined  31-10-2015

14 April 2016 12:36

Has anyone here watched any of these shows? This morning, I purchased all 10 hour-long episodes for a pittance in comparison to what I paid for Larry David’s “. . . Enthusiasm” DVDs years ago. Only half-way through the first episode, I’m loving the dark yet reliably frank and unforgivably honest interactions played out by truly gifted actors. The lack of any artificial laughter whatsoever by an audience or laugh-track sets Louis apart from pretty much everyone else. The music is corny, but so what? I feel honored to have provided Louis with the cost of a small portion of his next boat payment.

shyning

shyning
Total Posts:  37
Joined  26-01-2012

14 April 2016 16:15

The chronology protection conjecture is a conjecture by physicist Stephen Hawking that the laws of physics are such as to prevent time travel on all but submicroscopic scales. The permissibility of time travel is represented mathematically by the existence of closed time-like curves. The chronology protection conjecture should be distinguished from chronological censorship under which every closed time-like curve passes through an event horizon, which might prevent an observer from detecting the causal violation - hope this helps

shyning

shyning
Total Posts:  37
Joined  26-01-2012

14 April 2016 16:18

i am certain that this will answer your question for sure or for certain but i am not sure which or certain that is - ->>

The Alcubierre drive or Alcubierre warp drive (or Alcubierre metric, referring to metric tensor) is a speculative idea based on a solution of Einstein’s field equations in general relativity as proposed by theoretical physicist Miguel Alcubierre, by which a spacecraft could achieve apparent faster-than-light travel if a configurable energy-density field lower than that of vacuum (that is, negative mass) could be created.

Rather than exceeding the speed of light within a local reference frame, a spacecraft would traverse distances by contracting space in front of it and expanding space behind it, resulting in effective faster-than-light travel. Objects cannot accelerate to the speed of light within normal spacetime; instead, the Alcubierre drive shifts space around an object so that the object would arrive at its destination faster than light would in normal space.[1]

nonverbal

nonverbal
Joined  31-10-2015

14 April 2016 16:44

I’ll try to guide you to the thread you’re after, shyning, but it may take me several lifetimes of study before I manage to figure it out! Thanks.

nonverbal

nonverbal
Joined  31-10-2015

20 April 2016 20:32

Horace and Pete is a study in human harshness, examining interactions that fictionally take place between 1916 and 2016. The acting is strong, including virtuoso performances by Alan Alda, Steve Buscemi, Edie Falco, Jessica Lange, Steven Wright, and strong performances by many others. Each episode runs its own time, with the first episode at an hour and seven minutes, the third episode running thirty minutes, and each of the other eight episodes somewhere between those two.

I found that the overall tone comes across as light, though not exactly chipper. But an underlying darkness is in the air from the beginning, and the darkness gradually builds all the way through.

I had some difficulty interpreting the characters Louis C.K. plays, since I’m familiar with his comedy writing and stand-up performance. Since I feel somewhat familiar with him as a personality, and since his FX TV series seems to play heavily into his actual personality, I’ve gotten used to seeing Louis’ acting as not acting very far, but more of a playing out of who he really is as a person. But rather than trying to isolate and describe the various personality aspects I noticed in him, I’d rather just recommend Horace and Pete to anyone who appreciates C.K.‘s humor, truly superb acting, and compelling story telling.