Sam On Immigration

BigRed91

BigRed91
Total Posts:  13
Joined  11-04-2012

20 June 2016 13:34

Now, Sam, You Have Crossed the Line (RE:  Your Podcast #38 — The End of Faith Sessions 2)
    I’m in deep agreement with most of your arguments about Donald Trump.  I am one of those Trump supporters.  Yes, I see Trump as a champion against political correctness And, yes, his behavior and persona seem like an act.  But, your analogy about a diamond in the urn is very intuitive.
    Then you start talking about immigration.  I’m sorry but, you’ve got it wrong.  I’m from South Texas and have some considerable experience with the subject.  As a young man I worked in sweatshops with illegal aliens.  I never considered them anything but hardworking and deserving.  But, it does not matter if they are willing to do the jobs ordinary (if you are afraid to say it, white) Americans are not willing to do.  Nor does it matter that their children are considered citizens and we’d be breaking up families.  The nice thing to do is not the right thing to do.
    They broke the law and entered this country illegally.
    The root cause of all illegal immigration into our country is not our laws.  It’s our successes.  The country of Mexico has always been economically near the brink of failure.  With the current drug problems its very nearly a failed state.  It’s position a few minutes’ walk from proven prosperity is too tempting for people living in abject poverty.  Mexican’s who’ve made the journey all wrote and called their relatives back home and urged them to come.  They have learned how much better it is in the US, especially its safety and security.  Thus, poor people should never be blamed for wanting to be richer and safer.
    At the heart of the cause is greed – the average American business man.  They have always like the masses of workers willing to work manual labor jobs for less than minimum wages and without any chance of benefits.  Who else would pick the harvest and work in un-air conditioned factories.  It’s all a much better deal for the workers than they would get in Mexico.  I know this because the managers of the places I worked screwed the “wet backs” where I worked in the 60’s.  And, I know they are still doing it today. 
    By the way, “mojados” or “wet backs” is what they call themselves.  They know they crossed the Rio Grande illegally.  The US-based radio stations that target them laugh at the irony of it, calling themselves “La Invasora” or the invasion.  I personally know that just a few years ago over 100 million were crossing into the United States legally every year.  I also know for a fact that US Customs and Border Patrol did not count the number returning to Mexico.  Imagine how many crossed back and forth illegally.  The official number of 12.5 million illegal immigrants in the country is for sure less than half the actual number.
    And, if they can get jobs for places like the City of Los Angeles they are guaranteed $25 an hour.  It is not hard to imagine that every poor person in Mexico and Central America knows this.  If they can only cross the border. 
    So, I don’t want to hear the bleeding heart story about people just wanting to get by.  I’m NOT going to feel guilty because some valedictorians of Texas high schools admit to being illegal aliens.
    Here’s the solution:  Offer to let every illegal alien stay if they will register with the US Government within one year of the cut-off date.  Promise that those who don’t will be hunted down and deported and mean it.  But, offer those who do register the ability to come and go.  Only a concrete plan like this has a chance of being fair and of actually being implemented.  Of course, those who register would be required to give finger prints, retinal scans, DNA samples and corroborated complete family histories.  Lying would NOT be tolerated.  Lying is how one legal driver’s license can get twenty relatives into the country.  Do NOT allow children to be separated from their parents.  If the parents are deported, then the children must go, too.
    I don’t think that the US Marines who died on Iwo Jima died so that crappie businessmen could give their country away for modest profits.  They would want us to keep out all foreigners and enforce existing laws.  That’s what they fought and died for.  I also don’t think the DoD should be able to offer citizenship to illegals for fighting for this country.  But, that’s a whole other can of worms.

Hypersoup

Hypersoup
Total Posts:  688
Joined  24-01-2013

20 June 2016 23:57

Mexican people are beautiful.

Poldano

Poldano
Total Posts:  3236
Joined  26-01-2010

21 June 2016 00:08

Hypersoup - 20 June 2016 11:57 PM

Mexican people are beautiful.

Especially in the context of Mexican food and drink.

wink