The Klein Bottle

EN
Total Posts:  21575
Joined  11-03-2007

21 August 2019 18:10

Jan_CAN - 21 August 2019 02:21 PM
EN - 21 August 2019 12:46 PM
Jan_CAN - 21 August 2019 12:18 PM

Well Trumplethinskin is in fine form again today.  He’s called the Danish PM “nasty” for rebuffing his buying of Greenland and has cancelled his visit to Denmark like a spoiled child, wants Russia to rejoin the G7 regardless of the reasons for which they were booted out in the first place, is blaming Obama for practically everything, and has backtracked on his previous statements regarding gun regulations.

The fact that he has any supporters at all, let alone over 100 million, is difficult to comprehend.

Why try to comprehend it?  Just don’t let it infect you.  I don’t try to understand the subjective experience of the Ebola virus, if there is one.

One may not need to know the subjective experience of an infectious virus, but there is some need to know how it’s spread in order to contain it rather than waiting for it to die out on its own.

OK. How do you stop it? I’m telling you there is no way except to hope that young people see through it enough to maintain the majority.  Then they must vote. Those who have it are rarely healed and many of them infect their children.

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3394
Joined  21-10-2016

21 August 2019 18:31

nonverbal - 21 August 2019 05:36 PM

Admittedly, it’s a foolish optimism, but you never know.

That’s right – you never know. 

The basis of optimism is sheer terror.
— Oscar Wilde

For myself I am an optimist – it does not seem to be much use to be anything else.
— Winston Churchill

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
— Helen Keller

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3394
Joined  21-10-2016

21 August 2019 18:46

EN - 21 August 2019 06:10 PM
Jan_CAN - 21 August 2019 02:21 PM
EN - 21 August 2019 12:46 PM
Jan_CAN - 21 August 2019 12:18 PM

Well Trumplethinskin is in fine form again today.  He’s called the Danish PM “nasty” for rebuffing his buying of Greenland and has cancelled his visit to Denmark like a spoiled child, wants Russia to rejoin the G7 regardless of the reasons for which they were booted out in the first place, is blaming Obama for practically everything, and has backtracked on his previous statements regarding gun regulations.

The fact that he has any supporters at all, let alone over 100 million, is difficult to comprehend.

Why try to comprehend it?  Just don’t let it infect you.  I don’t try to understand the subjective experience of the Ebola virus, if there is one.

One may not need to know the subjective experience of an infectious virus, but there is some need to know how it’s spread in order to contain it rather than waiting for it to die out on its own.

OK. How do you stop it? I’m telling you there is no way except to hope that young people see through it enough to maintain the majority.  Then they must vote. Those who have it are rarely healed and many of them infect their children.

Yes, a lot of hope is with young people, but also if the moderate majority become less complacent and more politically active.  And with everyone voting.  And like you have done in the last election by supporting a worthy candidate.  (I’ve been trying to better educate myself on specific issues and have become more of a letter-writer to my MP/MPP, supporting specific organizations, etc.) 

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1309
Joined  01-11-2014

30 August 2019 14:05

Former Canadian prime minister roots for Dorian to hit Trump’s Mar-a-Lago

Former Canadian Prime Minister Kim Campbell said she is hoping for a bull’s-eye hit by Hurricane Dorian on Mar-a-Lago, President Trump’s prized Florida resort and so-called Winter White House.

“I’m rooting for a direct hit on Mar a Lago!” Campbell, who served as the 19th Canadian prime minister for less than five months in 1993, tweeted on Thursday.

Trump once claimed the resort sustained $17 million in damage during the 2005 hurricane season, but an Associated Press probe found little evidence the private club took a hit.

https://tinyurl.com/y5wwmjj4

Mmmmm…

Me too.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3322
Joined  26-03-2013

10 September 2019 16:23

Maybe it was the Taliban that refused to meet with Trump…on account’a the recent travel warnings about gun violence in the United States.

‹ First  < 117 118 119