‹ First  < 124 125 126

The Klein Bottle

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3424
Joined  26-03-2013

02 December 2019 14:30

American Thanksgiving is over…but I still have all the fixins to roast a bunch of turkeys.

EN
Total Posts:  21909
Joined  11-03-2007

02 December 2019 17:26

Vociferous Fuckweasel - 02 December 2019 01:59 PM
EN - 22 November 2019 03:10 PM
Vociferous Fuckweasel - 22 November 2019 02:03 PM
Skipshot - 21 November 2019 04:34 PM
Vociferous Fuckweasel - 21 November 2019 01:03 PM
EN - 05 October 2019 04:32 PM

Once again, I have to gently point out the internal contradiction of this manner of thinking.

Objection, counselor! Please do not equate thinking with Unsmoked sitting around in his impenetrable, patchouli-stinking den of smugness, vomiting up quotations and breathing in the heady scent of his own farts.

Welcome back Vociferous.  I’ve missed your command of English and insults improving my vocabulary.  Is this a drive-by?

I don’t know, Skipshot. I have commitment issues to deal with nowadays in addition to my cantankerous disposition.Torn between nostalgia and the utterly depressing notion that nothing ever changes, I will try to “hang”.

Cheers mate.

What general part of the country are you in now, without revealing too much?

Hey Mr.B.

We be in New Orleans and the magnificent Lola and I have decided that this is where we will reside until we will once again return to Beelzebub’s toasty bosom.
If your travels ever take your here (which they really should) it would be our white privilege to show you all the best and most louche watering holes our fair city has to offer.

I feel N’awlins callin’, good sir.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15955
Joined  17-12-2006

05 December 2019 21:42

Twissel - 05 December 2019 06:57 PM
TwoSeven1 - 05 December 2019 05:57 PM
MrRon - 05 December 2019 05:26 PM
TwoSeven1 - 05 December 2019 10:28 AM

I don’t care whether he releases them or keeps them private.

Do you care whether or not a U.S. President may have engaged in unethical/criminal activities, as revealed by his tax returns?

Ron

If it is proven that Trump committed crimes in this context, then yes, I will care.  I don’t really care about opinions on the subject, though, especially from folks who are anti-Trump.  I don’t care if he discloses his tax returns or not because it doesn’t mean anything to me.  He has the right not to, and that’s enough.

Sounds to me like you want evidence but no investigation.
It doesn’t work that way.

No, he just likes staring things up and getting attacked so he can play the martyr. Passive-aggressive. It isn’t that he’s a Christian or conservative, just that he’s an asshole.
So pointing that out is a duty for all right thinking folk.

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  7746
Joined  22-02-2014

09 December 2019 18:45

LadyJane - 09 December 2019 02:57 PM

Mr. Horse, you are implying that one line of one post is the crux of a claim that was never made.  And as it’s been made clear you are veering from the topic and have the option of starting another thread, to discuss it, or connecting it to the original post.

Garret made a bold claim. It’s either important in his argument or it’s not. If it’s important then he ought to defend it. If it’s not important. he’s free to back off.

It seems to me he just didn’t expect to meet with any resistance, but he has.

But to imply that this is a hijack is horse puckies.

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  7746
Joined  22-02-2014

10 December 2019 16:25

Nhoj Morley - 10 December 2019 02:07 PM
icehorse - 10 December 2019 01:42 PM

Say what? Does that mean that we don’t have to defend our claims in debates anymore?

Not in an imposed context. There is an intermediate step of convincing your fellow poster of some connection in context. There is no obligation to defend anything yet. To cast someone’s response as a rebuttal to a point they don’t believe they are making is not a debate. Make them believe first. Then treat them as a combatant or defender in a debate. If you do carry on, it should be to establish a mutual arena. That part often looks more like fellowship than sparring even if genteel.

In this case Garret made a clear, stand-alone claim. My response was specifically to his clear claim. I’m sincerely baffled here? How is a direct response to a specific claim “imposing context”?

It really feels like you’re saying we can all start making any old claims we want to, and that other posters can’t respond to those claims? I thought we were here to debate and discuss, no?

For reference here is the claim that Garret made:

the majority of people’s brain structures are dependent on language.

Why on earth is it a problem to question that claim? Garret’s claim is a simple factual claim. It’s either true or false. It’s an example of a basic building block of conversation and debate. If we can’t respond to such a claim what’s left to talk about? Kumbaya?

burt

burt
Total Posts:  15955
Joined  17-12-2006

10 December 2019 17:05

LadyJane - 02 December 2019 02:30 PM

American Thanksgiving is over…but I still have all the fixins to roast a bunch of turkeys.

Send them to Nancy Pelosi.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

10 December 2019 17:40

There’s a lot to workout there.  The only exercise Trump ever gets is when he stretches the truth.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  17887
Joined  15-02-2008

10 December 2019 17:43

icehorse - 09 December 2019 06:45 PM

Mr. Horse, you are implying that one line of one post is the crux of a claim that was never made.  And as it’s been made clear you are veering from the topic and have the option of starting another thread, to discuss it, or connecting it to the original post.

Garret made a bold claim. It’s either important in his argument or it’s not. If it’s important then he ought to defend it. If it’s not important. he’s free to back off.

Garret totes the new unofficial official hate whitey line, so what he says is good and needs to be saved for posterity. You are not toting the hate whitey line so it’s off to the Klein bottle for you. To keep the threads safe for the non-white children, of course.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

10 December 2019 17:51

Why are you so afraid of activism?  I bet it’s that rabble rousing Jane Fonda.  Very intimidating at the feisty age of eighty two. 

You know you can’t catch The China Syndrome, right?

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  9752
Joined  20-10-2006

11 December 2019 08:09

GAD - 10 December 2019 05:43 PM

Garret totes the new unofficial official hate whitey line, so what he says is good and needs to be saved for posterity. You are not toting the hate whitey line so it’s off to the Klein bottle for you. To keep the threads safe for the non-white children, of course.

Can‘t blame the anti-whitey sentiment when the white president openly encourages anti-everyone-but-whitey, and whities take him up on his call.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

11 December 2019 08:28

Skipshot - 11 December 2019 08:09 AM
GAD - 10 December 2019 05:43 PM

Can‘t blame the anti-whitey sentiment when the white president openly encourages anti-everyone-but-whitey, and whities take him up on his call.

He is a despicable douche-bag but not nearly the anti-everyone-but-whitey that the everyone-but-whitey crowd whines he is. In fact he is a goddamn god send to the everyone-but-whitey crowd as they can now use him as a great evil to fight and ride the hero wave to power of their own. And in any case anti-white is not the answer to white.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

11 December 2019 09:12

Aren’t you running late for a court mandated anger management class somewhere right about now?

Jesus.  It’s like being on an involuntary ride along for yer mid life crisis.

GAD

GAD
Joined  15-02-2008

11 December 2019 09:19

LadyJane - 11 December 2019 09:12 AM

Aren’t you running late for a court mandated anger management class somewhere right about now?

Jesus.  It’s like being on an involuntary ride along for yer mid life crisis.

I like how anyone who challenges any of your bullshit you claim must be angry, it’s right up there with grammar Nazi.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

11 December 2019 09:26

Yes, you seem to be teeming with jubilance.  We aren’t responsible for the fact you can’t get laid.  Blame the cabbage farts and coffee breath.

‹ First  < 124 125 126