‹ First  < 128 129 130 131 132 > 

The Klein Bottle

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  3693
Joined  26-03-2013

22 December 2019 11:05

GAD plans on spending the holidays in Vegas this year where he enjoys playing Blackjack.  But he keeps on getting busted at the peeler bar coz he just can’t stop hitting on 16.

burt

burt
Total Posts:  16172
Joined  17-12-2006

14 January 2020 23:21

Are the French pissed off that in the world today the Lingua Franca is English?

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

16 January 2020 15:42

It is very tempting to merge the “You Shouldn’t Say That” thread and the “In the neighborhood” thread so that folks who think certain terms are appropriate in civil society can meet the folks who don’t.  And discuss the reasons why.

I’m not gonna.  Merge them, that is.  It’s just tempting.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  9452
Joined  20-02-2006

17 January 2020 11:14

LadyJane - 16 January 2020 03:42 PM

It is very tempting to merge the “You Shouldn’t Say That” thread and the “In the neighborhood” thread so that folks who think certain terms are appropriate in civil society can meet the folks who don’t.  And discuss the reasons why.

I’m not gonna.  Merge them, that is.  It’s just tempting.

Are some of the those who use the language of 4th grade playground bullies . . . good people?  Trickledown language skills?  What else is trickling down?  https://www.sltrib.com/news/environment/2019/09/28/feds-open-utahs-national/

The roar of ATVs could be coming to a Utah national park backcountry road near you under a major policy shift initiated by the National Park Service without public input.

[ Edited: 17 January 2020 11:16 by unsmoked]

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

17 January 2020 13:16

A loud and obnoxious intrusion to an otherwise peaceful environment that destroys the landscape and disrupts the wildlife due to short sighted thinking of the heedless and crude.

Ahem…sounds eerily familiar.

GAD

GAD
Total Posts:  18127
Joined  15-02-2008

23 January 2020 19:04

LadyJane - 23 January 2020 04:05 PM

Thanks for the summary.  You’d think the need for these interludes would be unnecessary by now.

It seems the angry wankers have an endless axe to grind.  There’s an eagerness to psychoanalyse me without gathering the information outside the pool of yer assumptions.  Then create a caricature, with sinister intent, to suit your speculation and unload yer holstered insults.  You could’ve just gotten to know me and made fun of that.  Oh well.  We’re well past that.  We’re in Klein Bottle territory now. 

Take a tic and imagine my perspective.  Take more than a tic if ya need.

I’ve been playing by the rules since I got here as a poster.  And now I wear an administrative hat that often feels more like a target.  It must be nice to post anything you want while every word I utter is scrutinized under a microscope to ensure posts are executed flawlessly, emotionless, backwards and in heels.  And it’s still never enough.

This thread isn’t about me.  None of them are and I like it like that.  I want to focus on other things as my actual posting history demonstrates.  I don’t expect the same courtesy other posters get or for my civility to be met with the respect that it deserves.  It would be nice but I don’t expect it.  I don’t like to set my expectations too high…it only leads to disappointment. 

We don’t all have to get along.  We don’t have to know each other at all.  Please keep that in mind when the vitriolic hate overrides the option to ignore.  I don’t spend a lot of time worrying about what people think of me so all this condescension is just a waste of time.  I don’t care. 

The more it’s like a hornets nest the less we’ll likely hear but for voices not afraid to face the face that’s full of fear.

LOL! Playing the victim now… You are to identity politics, social justice and intersectionality what Mario is to Religion and what Celal is to Republicanism.

Traces Elk

Traces Elk
Total Posts:  5783
Joined  27-09-2006

23 January 2020 23:02

LadyJane - 23 January 2020 04:05 PM

This thread isn’t about me.

This thread has been about you and your fee-fees from the opening sentence of the opening post:

LadyJane - 19 January 2020 10:04 AM

I recently watched the four part Netflix series When They See Us and it was one of the hardest things I’ve ever forced myself to watch.

Threatening to moderate (“Klein bottle”) this thread because it contains opinions that don’t kow-tow to your fee-fees is narcissistic bollocks. That may lie behind your developing suspicion that you’ve gone and painted a big, fat target on your administrator hat.

“How can you defend that?” is a rhetorical question, because nobody here is trying to defend “that”. Most of your opinions would work fine as a blog post; an added plus is that you’d have full editorial control over the comments section. By digging your little retranchement here at SHF, you’ve clearly missed your calling.

[ Edited: 23 January 2020 23:10 by Traces Elk]

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

27 March 2020 08:26

It’s funny we never feel bad about boning a fish we barely knew.  And I don’t see why they should be any different.

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1642
Joined  01-11-2014

06 May 2020 10:38

One of the best Trump put-downs ever:

Trump was also asked about his combative stance with the press, which he defended as necessary because he’s “treated worse” than Lincoln was. “Really? You’re going to compare yourself to Abraham Lincoln?” said Colbert. “Well I’d like to point out that none of his supporters carried Confederate flags.”

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10196
Joined  20-10-2006

06 May 2020 15:14

Cheshire Cat - 06 May 2020 10:38 AM

One of the best Trump put-downs ever:

Trump was also asked about his combative stance with the press, which he defended as necessary because he’s “treated worse” than Lincoln was. “Really? You’re going to compare yourself to Abraham Lincoln?” said Colbert. “Well I’d like to point out that none of his supporters carried Confederate flags.”

Ha!

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

07 May 2020 12:03

Probably we’ve done this one, but just in case . . .

The best anti-Trump joke yet:

Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Angela Merkel, Pope Francis and a ten-year-old schoolboy are on a plane, that is going down.  There are only four parachutes.

Trump declares, “I’m the smartest person in the U.S.A., the country needs me.”  He grabs a parachute and jumps.

Johnson declares, “Britain can’t survive Brexit without me,” as he grabs one and jumps.

The Pope declares, “More than a billion Catholics needs me,” as he grabs one and jumps.

Merkel looks at the boy and says, “You take the last one, you have a whole life ahead of you.”

The boys replies, “It’s OK, there’s two parachutes left, the smartest man in the U.S.A. took my backpack.”

Posted by Brian Leiter on March 24, 2020 at 06:09 AM in Personal Ads of the Philosophers (and other humor) | Permalink

Jan_CAN

Jan_CAN
Total Posts:  3532
Joined  21-10-2016

12 June 2020 16:02

Invade Us, Canada
https://www.invadeuscanada.com/

Thanks for asking, but we can’t right now – apparently someone gave Todd the gun so he could go hunting.  Sorry.

Skipshot

Skipshot
Total Posts:  10196
Joined  20-10-2006

13 June 2020 09:43

Jan_CAN - 12 June 2020 04:02 PM

Invade Us, Canada

Thanks for asking, but we can’t right now – apparently someone gave Todd the gun so he could go hunting.  Sorry.

Ha ha!

No, seriously - invade the U.S.

no_profundia

no_profundia
Total Posts:  645
Joined  14-07-2016

13 June 2020 10:05

Invade Us, Canada

I, for one, would gladly welcome our new Canadian overlords.

Also, if you need more guns we have lots you could borrow.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Joined  20-02-2006

13 June 2020 10:32

no_profundia - 13 June 2020 10:05 AM

Invade Us, Canada

I, for one, would gladly welcome our new Canadian overlords.

Also, if you need more guns we have lots you could borrow.

Or, we could all just flee into Grandmother’s Land, like the Sioux.

quote: 

“Seeking asylum from the brutality of American troops was not something new. In 1862, for example, many Dakota refugees from the United States began to settle in the small Manitoba towns near the border with Minnesota. They were fleeing from the American army whose general had stated:

“It is my purpose utterly to exterminate the Sioux if I have the power to do so.”

‹ First  < 128 129 130 131 132 >