The most punch-able face in America.

Image Attachments

Gaetz.jpg

LadyJane

LadyJane
Total Posts:  4094
Joined  26-03-2013

10 April 2021 06:50

Finally a chance to share the date rape jokes I’ve been writing about Matt “Have you met my cousin?” Gaetz for the past two years.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

16 April 2021 17:59

Why did so many people carry around smelling salts in the 1970’s?  Were that many people randomly losing consciousness?  Coz why were they no longer carrying it in the 90’s?  As a kid I just figured everybody was a part time hockey referee.

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  8814
Joined  22-02-2014

17 April 2021 19:39

LadyJane - 17 April 2021 07:34 PM

Without extending some benefit of the doubt towards fellow patrons we only end up with constant contrarianism.

..says the oh so sanctimonious kettle to the pot

icehorse

icehorse
Total Posts:  8814
Joined  22-02-2014

18 April 2021 08:06

LadyJane - 17 April 2021 07:34 PM

Without extending some benefit of the doubt towards fellow patrons we only end up with constant contrarianism.

kettle and pot much?

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

19 April 2021 09:29

It seems the fortunes do not favour off track betters looking for the trifecta. 

Better luck next time.

Antisocialdarwinist

Antisocialdarwinist
Total Posts:  7391
Joined  08-12-2006

20 April 2021 12:40

Seems to me you’re missing the boat here, Professor Snowflake. Wouldn’t changing the meaning of the word, “God” be right up your alley? If God is “the ordering principle behind the laws of physics,” then the belief in God falls right in line with your antireligious sentiment. Kind of like changing the meaning of the words, “speech” and “violence” so you can claim, “speech is violence” as a clever way to silence anyone you disagree with.

Edit: context is everything.

[ Edited: 20 April 2021 15:49 by Antisocialdarwinist]

Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  01-11-2014

20 April 2021 20:39

Good point, Anti.

That’s the problem with the very word “God” — it’s too vague, has too many meanings and has a lot of baggage attached to it.

I saw a lecture by Sean Carrol on youtube who had this little diagram in his presentation to make the point:

Image Attachments

ConceptsOfGod.jpg

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

22 April 2021 06:55

I wonder how many people still have, what was formerly referred to as, a Dutch Uncle.  A person who is honest enough to tell you when you are being arrogant and tactless.  Coz I think everyone needs someone like that in their life.  It doesn’t have to be yer actual uncle.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

20 May 2021 06:01

I recently read Colin Quinn’s book OverStated.  A Coast to Coast Roast of the 50 States.

I am considering doing something similar for the Canadian Provinces.

Is chagrinless a word?

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

11 June 2021 19:34

Once Upon A Time there was an individual with no fixed address and no definitive chosen pronoun.  This was an effect of having been born with ambiguous reproductive organs and parents who refused to choose for fear of the psychological ramifications.  Went by the name Bareasstone Hersweregone.

The government was very stringent about gender identity and provided only two boxes to choose from.  Individuals refusing to choose were sent for reassignment surgery.  According to the government it wouldn’t be fair to have the best of both worlds. 

These rules had been well established by politicians.  Usually on a golf course with bottomless cups or in back rooms with no handicaps.  Assistants and caddies were expected to look and behave exactly the same but never meddle with the equipment.  Although politicians gravitate to the same clubs they rarely relinquish their balls.

What they didn’t count on was the power of segregation.  Segregation breeds familiarity.  Familiarity breeds community.  Community breeds organization.  And organization is a threat to the establishment.  It ensures that human creativity will flourish under any constraint.

The real enemy was known as Kunning Drooger.  An ignorant bastard.  But thought himself a genius.  Which meant he flitted around like a feather while everyone else bore the weight.  They tried to tell him but it was pointless.  Like talking to a child.  A real crybaby.  Who just refused to see.  It made everyone blind and left them in tears.

And while no one was looking…it was easy for Bareasstone Hersweregone to slip away.

Free…to do whatever they want.

Quadrewple

Quadrewple
Total Posts:  552
Joined  28-04-2017

05 September 2021 07:24

LadyJane - 04 September 2021 02:34 PM

Simmer down please Mr. drewple.  This is the Hall of Politics not The Klein Bottle.  Feel free to rant yer raw meat head off there. 

Where it can be properly roasted.

I’m not mad just having a bit of fun, mocking the insanely weak mentality on display here.  Its not that I know im right, I just know that you’re wrong.

You people were fed fillet mignon, but youre gonna feed your offspring ground up dog meat with chunks of hair in it.  “Don’t be picky, be grateful for what you have”

Your ancestors passed down relative freedom and you will pass down slavery.

You can justify it however you want, but that’s the bottom line and you know it.

And my last post struck a nerve with you BC it shows what weasely cowards our society has become, not even fit to shine the shoes of the ones who came before us.

LadyJane

LadyJane
Joined  26-03-2013

05 September 2021 07:44

You should probably refrain from posting when yer in the throes of the meat sweats.

unsmoked

unsmoked
Total Posts:  9944
Joined  20-02-2006

05 September 2021 11:46

Quadrewple - 05 September 2021 07:24 AM

Your ancestors passed down relative freedom and you will pass down slavery.

You can justify it however you want, but that’s the bottom line and you know it.

And my last post struck a nerve with you BC it shows what weasely cowards our society has become, not even fit to shine the shoes of the ones who came before us.

Probably you mean we’re not fit to shine the shoes of George Washington . . . the way his slaves did.

And what could slavery have to do with great houses like Downton Abbey?  https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/08/23/britains-idyllic-country-houses-reveal-a-darker-history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_family  (George Washington and British and American aristocracy whose wealth depended on slavery).

In 1824 Lafayette came back to visit America with his Scottish lady-friend Fanny Wright.  Fanny got so fed up with American hypocrisy that she left.  (Had the Marquis helped Washington defeat the British in 1776 in order to establish a country with 3,000,000 slaves?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_family

[ Edited: 05 September 2021 11:48 by unsmoked]

‹ First  < 134 135 136 137 138 >